Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.9

836 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite interview.
    The procedure took few months to complete
    Phone interview is general, mostly based on PhD thesis
    Some standards knowledge is useful
    Gave a presentation on phD thesis
    You may receive questions during your talk, asking for further clarifications. Overall 30 mins presentation, 30 min Q and A. Suggest to make presentation simple and concise.
    There was no one-on-one technical interview later on, except with HR.
    HR asked basic behavioral questions, most of them can be found online.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I experienced an on-line interview and a face-to-face one. The recruiters are kind and always smile. On-line one was general, the other one contained some tech questions, but not difficult.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The HR of this company is very professional. I was asked about my previous job experience, and was explained the job responsibilities. The whole process is nice and comfortable, but I don't quite like the work itself though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

There is a man interviewed me, he is nice. He asked me about my resume and the experience I have. It's first round so he didn't ask any algorithm questions.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2017.

Interview

Submit the resume via the school career fair. Phone screen interview with the resume.And no coding is required. Sometimes I just can't explain the projects without further tech questions. And they also explained their products.

Interview Questions

• describe the project listed in the resume, coding experience,   Answer Question

Digital IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

A remote interview online. Very relax atmosphere. First, the interviewer asked me to introduce myself. Then he asked some questions about my course project. He asked me one of the most impressive technology problem in recent projects, and how I fixed it.

Interview Questions

• How to cope with asynchronous input or signals transferred between clock domains?   1 Answer
    • What's the advantages and disadvantages of these methods?   1 Answer

IT Software Engineer(Java) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in October 2017.

Interview

Before Interview including a Online Code Challenge and a BQ test. The interview delayed one and a half. The whole process made me feel that this company is not friendly to our new grads.

Chief Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Panel interview with team in China over the phone.
    No one told me anything about the job. At the end they just disconnected and the headhunter at the US HQ closed the interview.
    Later I found that the job descriptions I got from recruiter who contacted me , where not posted on the usual job search sites.

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions. Looked very like intelligence gathering , not like the FIRST interview over the phone. The focus was not on the job , but what I know about this and that and this ...   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very disjointed. They typically move very slow in the interview process. But, the people on the ground in Seattle in the offices are the worst. I have interviewed and worked at some of the largest companies. And, I can say hands down this would be the worst company to work for. They changed the job requirements and subsequent position midstream. They even brought in their senior leaders to query about competitors as they are trying to grow in the cloud space. Overall, there were very clueless about the needs of the customer and tried to paint their competitive nature because they say “we make the hardware”. I chuckled to myself because there are many hardware vendors that try to make this claim. Yet none are cloud providers even though they have tried.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This is very strange....I was wondering if other people had thoughts on this. I had just applied on LinkedIn and got a recruiter's call within the next 2 minutes. She gave me normal recruiter vibe messages and then in 2 hours, I got interviewed in a short 5-10 minute spam about general things about my experience which doesn't fully tell them everything about me. Then, he talks about signing an NDA and possibly doing an interview... on the same day (it's 6:00 PM at the time). Everything just seems rushed and makes no sense, so I will probably decline and take my chances else where.