Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This is very strange....I was wondering if other people had thoughts on this. I had just applied on LinkedIn and got a recruiter's call within the next 2 minutes. She gave me normal recruiter vibe messages and then in 2 hours, I got interviewed in a short 5-10 minute spam about general things about my experience which doesn't fully tell them everything about me. Then, he talks about signing an NDA and possibly doing an interview... on the same day (it's 6:00 PM at the time). Everything just seems rushed and makes no sense, so I will probably decline and take my chances else where.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me and set OA (I missed it), IQ test before interview.

Phone screen interview with a senior engineer for an hour. He only asked questions towards resume, no tech or coding problem. The interviewer seems not very active in this process, and the questions are not very valuable from my perspective. There were long pauses between questions. Btw they required screen share, but nothing for coding.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

I applied through a reference, I got a mail for interview in 10 days, Result not yet declared. It was a phone interview for around 1 hr 15min. The interviewer was very kind and also explained their projects and asked about the skills related to it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe about your projects
      2. Skills related to Matlab
      3. Coding Experience
      Answer Question

Analog IC Engineer Interview

Interview

So, I applied through their website, which was primarily focussed on recruitment for overseas students. I filled the complete application and applied for 2-3 positions , analog IC engineer being my top priority. I got an email after 2weeks (approx) after filling the online application and was called for the interview in Shenzhen , China . The email stated that the position is for *IC and Device Engineer* and I assumed it that it must be analog IC Design . I went for the interview and the first question asked me was about Digital (VHDL) . When I told the interviewee that I filled the application for analog and not digital, he told me that he is from Digital domain and the analog expertise has went back to the company.

He called him on phone and was advised by him to proceed with my interview. Keeping in mind that the engineer interviewing me is not from analog domain, I tried to explain my masters degree project in very simple terms , which he was quite happy about ( I suppose) and told me that I seem to have a good analog knowledge and he would ask his analog department colleague to arrange interview in the company. I never received the call thereafter and after a follow up with HR on email, I was told there was no other interview for me. The next day, my application portal showed that *interview failed*.

For a company like Huawei, it is important to conduct things in a disciplined manner, have their engineers ready from every domain at the time of interview. It might be a mere single rejection from their end, but it costs very heavy for the time and patience of a candidate .

Interview Questions

• about my projects during my masters program.
      whether I want to work in China or not
      Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty easy to understand, no hard questions. The interviewer asked several questions on previous research and several questions on mathematics especially on probability and statistics. The questions are pretty easy to understand and the interviewer is very nice!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

normal very normal typically normal, unbelived normal, huawei, just for fun, not very interesting, really, a, b, and c, theis is more than 2o words to say, oh haha, two naive and simple questions. believe me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews in a day! I interviewed in New York. The position is in Shenzhen, China. The interviewer are their HR managers, CFO and GM! Overall nice experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

face to face interview with one engineer and one hr. The engineer asks questions about your resume and the hr just listens. And he introduces currently available openings. Either English or Mandarin is ok.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had phone screen, coding interview on phone and was called for an onsite interview at Bellevue office. The interview experience was great.

Was offered for this position and discussed the offer verbally, negotiated the better salary and the salary was agreed. However the offer was declined after two months by the HQ at China, There were super slow and pain to wait for months.

This was the worst experience in my life till date.

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Three interviews: one with a senior from leadership and an IC, the second with my manager and peer and the third one which is the "bosses interview".

HR rules over any department in the company in China. Even if the team really wants to hire you, if they can pay someone else another candidate half the salary the industry proves that you demand, they will. HR only cares about "filling the position", not acquiring talent. I imagine this formula is going to make them struggle for a long time to grow as a company and it's very unfortunate for the company and especially candidates who go beyond expectations to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What are common webapp flaws? Explain.

How to you secure platform X (with details)?

How to do ensure security occurs before shipping the product, etc?
      2 Answers