Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.9

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Three interviews: one with a senior from leadership and an IC, the second with my manager and peer and the third one which is the "bosses interview".

HR rules over any department in the company in China. Even if the team really wants to hire you, if they can pay someone else another candidate half the salary the industry proves that you demand, they will. HR only cares about "filling the position", not acquiring talent. I imagine this formula is going to make them struggle for a long time to grow as a company and it's very unfortunate for the company and especially candidates who go beyond expectations to work with them.

Interview Questions

• What are common webapp flaws? Explain.

How to you secure platform X (with details)?

How to do ensure security occurs before shipping the product, etc?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round, second round and third round happened in one day. with an accounting manager at the first round, business associate at the second round, and a dinner with partners at third round. They basically interviewed every student that sent in their resume, so the schedule for interviewing everyone of them was a little bit messed up. Student for 10AM was pushed to 11AM, and student for 11AM was sent for the afternoon. And they only had a few interviewers, so in the afternoon they were pretty tired and only skimmed at your resume without listening to your story. Weirdly, at the second round, they asked very personal questions regarding your family.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions about your resume experiences. What kind of people you have worked with on a team? What is your weakness and strength? How do you reconcile the disagreements between teammates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Online test for personality and an online test involving 3 technical questions. Then phone interview covering resume and technical questions. I didn't get an onsite but I've heard there will be one once you passed all the tests and interviews before.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

on site interview directly. Go through my resume project by project. ask a lot of things about Jenkins and plugin development. apparently the interviewer only know some concept about Jenkins. All questions all are contecpt level. it about near 2 hours.
    5 minutes later I got a message from agent I passed.
    by the end of the interview 5 minutes left he ask me sort a list using bubble sort. I feel shame for this question.

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

About the interview process, it includes self introduce, project reviews, and some other questions.
    The time takes depends, from 30 mins to one hour or longer.
    To use a word to summarize, a good experience, I think.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX).

Interview

Phone interviews and in person presentations. Interviewed with HR, Marketing, Sales and President. The presentation was quite in depth and a marketing plan had to be completed for a specific carrier partner.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked some java basic questions and then let me do some simple coding questions. and then they introduce the company to me and the rest of the candidates. Onsite takes about 2 hours.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

5 h interview with 6 members of the team at all positions, including the people who I was going to be managing. I interviewed with one individual at a time, except for one interview that was with two people.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested to know how my previous professional experience would help them at this particular moment in the area of consumer robotics.   Answer Question

General Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Fill the financial information for the recent two years according to the financial statements interviewer provided. The F/S include balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, Statement of Changes in Owners Equity, The information need to be filled including: total revenue, EBITDA, free cash flow, etc. As well as some ratios, e.g., current ratio.

Interview Questions

• Walk through the resume to tell about the working experience   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

First phone screen. Self Introduction and most recent project I have experienced.
    Technical questions areas most strong. Questions was on basics of networking i.e. OSPF, BGP best path selections, and BGP attributes etc. Then, questions very detailed and in-depth questions on my research background.