Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.9

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

no personal touch. folks asking questions were not subject matter experts

only over skype with multiple folks
    met a random vp in the office
    everything last minute. some guy from china coming today . be ready....

offer was quick.

Interview Questions

• problem area releated
      working with hq at night.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

it was good and well directed , nice and kindly. was a nice opportunity.then salary discussion , joining date , title and responsibility illustration. , timing , bonus , rating

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of my preparing and giving a technical talk. They told me to prepare a talk on technical issues that I had worked on for previous companies. I delivered the talk and answered questions. I finished a little early, so they then asked me if I had prepared extra material on other topics. I told them no... I had done exactly as they had requested.

Interview Questions

• There were no one-on-one interviews, just the group meeting in which I gave the talk. They asked technical questions on the material I presented.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long but methodical. It lasted about 3 weeks and I met with a total of 4 different people. The questions and whiteboard challenges were difficult but the reinforcement from their team was helpful and positive. Overall, I would recommend the process and entire experience. It is what they call a Chinese tech dominating force for a reason.

Interview Questions

• What is a way to launch docker In a non controlled environment   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

40 minutes phone interview, all the questions were related the related technical knowledge and previous experience and a very fast on-site interview that ask you some non-technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First I applied it online, then I got an online assessment. I completed it and waited about half an hour and I got the phone interview. It took about half an hour to complete the interview, he asked me many technical questions and lots of details of my projects.

Senior Staff Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The interviews were performed in a very Chinese way even though the position is in US. Both interviewers delivered the interviews in very unusual ways. The processes were full of surprises and were uncomfortable to me. In one interview, at the end, when I was given the opportunity to ask the interviewer a question, he did not even bother to answer my question directly. Instead, he said "You should find a job elsewhere", which was so rude to a person who showed interests in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your understandings on Java keywords "static" and "final".   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Reading, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through agent, pre-screening with one of the agent staff to discuss past experience, then followed by Face-to-Face interview.

Overall a fairly easy interview, two interviewers, one was more senior than the other. did not get a response or feedback from them after the interview and this should never happen from a multi-national and progressive organisation like Huawei. Called the agent after a week, and was being told that they have already made a final decision but it's a 'secret'.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, what is your strength and weakness, why Huawei.   1 Answer

CPU Micro-architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. Phone interview was more of a discussion as what I do @my current position and giving me a background about what Huawei is doing. The onsite was OK, few technical questions, some part convincing me that Huawei is a good company and a short discussion about my current compensation, and a short discussion with department VP. Everything went well. Few days after interview, I was scheduled another phone interview with Huawei VP in the US. Few days after all interviews, I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss an offer, he wanted to understand my current compensation to get an offer together. This was the 3rd time someone from Huawei asked me about my salary. Anyway, few days passed and another phone discussion with the recruiter asking one more time about my salary (4th time). He eventually told me Huawei cannot compete with my current salary so we ended our conversation with no result. I think Huawei wasted my time because from the beginning they had a good idea about my salary, yet they invited me for an interview, given that they could not compete with my current compensation. It is not acceptable to me. Hiring top talent has some cost and before wasting time, please make sure you can afford it.

Interview Questions

• Impact of changing branch outcome stage detection in performance?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Onsite with remote interview with the head of the department after phone interviews with the hiring manager. There are most high level behavior based questions and test the breath of your knowledge.