Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.9

CPU Micro-architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. Phone interview was more of a discussion as what I do @my current position and giving me a background about what Huawei is doing. The onsite was OK, few technical questions, some part convincing me that Huawei is a good company and a short discussion about my current compensation, and a short discussion with department VP. Everything went well. Few days after interview, I was scheduled another phone interview with Huawei VP in the US. Few days after all interviews, I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss an offer, he wanted to understand my current compensation to get an offer together. This was the 3rd time someone from Huawei asked me about my salary. Anyway, few days passed and another phone discussion with the recruiter asking one more time about my salary (4th time). He eventually told me Huawei cannot compete with my current salary so we ended our conversation with no result. I think Huawei wasted my time because from the beginning they had a good idea about my salary, yet they invited me for an interview, given that they could not compete with my current compensation. It is not acceptable to me. Hiring top talent has some cost and before wasting time, please make sure you can afford it.

Interview Questions

• Impact of changing branch outcome stage detection in performance?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Onsite with remote interview with the head of the department after phone interviews with the hiring manager. There are most high level behavior based questions and test the breath of your knowledge.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews; not focus on coding skill but more interested on your background and related experience. Each phone interview lasts about 45mins. After all the interviews, you will receive offer 3 days later, if you performance well.

Interview Questions

• Linux kernel knowledge and how to write a basic device driver   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process consists of one telephonic interview followed by meeting five people onsite including the hiring manager. Typically the recruiter first calls up the candidate and gives a brief introduction about the company. The onsite people interviewing are very technical and came across as very pleasant and friendly.

Huawei made an offer and then tried the tactic of bait and switch, going back and forth tried to lower the compensation and job title and then tried to hire me as a contractor. The company lacks ethics and constantly was trying to get to low ball me to save money. Very unprofessional HR and bad ethics. They also have history of stealing products of other companies and building their own on the basis of that. One example is that they stole Cisco router code and started packaging as their own and sold it in south east Asia market. They have a judgement against them out here in United States too.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions and questions about past projects etc.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

- I applied online via linkedin, they ask me to show up for a face to face. They put me in a meeting room with a bunch of people making different kind of questions. I was working for a big semiconductor company and competitor. The questions were very "fish" and it was clear they were interested in the competitor not in me... VERY UNETHICAL...

Interview Questions

• Can you write in the whiteboard the wearable design that you created in your company ?
      What do you think will be the next generations ?
      What do you know about graphics and what you use there?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Pre-sales Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Mainly three stages: After the agency introduced the candidate, the HR phone screening kicks in, followed by technical interviews with three individuals including the hiring manager. if successful, then followed by a group interview via a video conference with headquarters in ShenZhen, China, during which the initial salary/compensation discussions will take place. All offers need to be approved by headquarters. The HR here locally has no power to make salary and/or hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical questions related to your field   Answer Question
    • 2. Any suggestions about the book(s) in your field you recently read or are reading?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen from a employee that would be equivalent to a peer. Follow-up by another phone interview from the hiring manager. Travel arrangements were made for an all day on-site interview that included both 1:1 interviews, panel interview and remote site web interface interviews. Mostly technical questions related to job function.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in the field? Describe job and process start to finish? What tools and software am I proficient in? What do I perceive as my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary, Relocation and start date

Capital Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, then one month later, get an onsite interview. interview by HR for 20 minutes and by finance manager and a co-worker I will work with for 1 hour. they are very nice and friendly. two days later got an offer and discussed about salary. not high~

Interview Questions

• what is your career goal? what do you learn from your last job and projects? How is your excel skills?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

ask about some basic technical questions, including programming language ability, basic technical background, and some soft background like communication, leadership, cooperation, etc. Also ask some preferences of me about which kind of working environment I would prefer, and do I know their company work field and product.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

Four round, first round is simple algorithm and project questions; Second round is group interview to test your personality whether match the company culture or not. Third round is to test your psychology. Fourth is to interview with the manager, just chat. Then got the offer.