Huawei Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

At first, a one-minute self-introduction and then asked some questions about my resume at first, then the interviewer asked some digital circuit related questions. after that, some questions related to analog circuits.

Interview Questions

• How to implement a frequency divider with division ratio 2 by a flip-flop   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

What they promised on the interview is not what they actually pay you. They hire through a temp agency which is not really a temp agency its a marketing company because Huawei is to cheap to hire people perminantly. Typical asian company.

Director-Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Most disorganized process I've ever experience. Now I understand the term "Chinese fire drill."

Three different job descriptions so nobody could agree on the role or requirements.

Several interviewers failed to show up.

Was asked to travel for an interview with people I'd already interviewed with.

Company took a month to pay expenses

And then....

They changed the role from perm to contract.

Then they refused to let me see the contract I was supposed to agree to and would not answer any of my questions.

Contract did not pay holidays, vacation, overtime or sick days.

Ultimatly they even pulled the contract offer because I asked too many questions they could not answer.

Really felt like a dishonest process.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with edge latency in a virtualized RAN environment?   Answer Question

Bait and switch. They kept changing the deal and were very secretive about everything.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

get a phone tell me to interview by telephone, a manager talk to me and asked some general questions. and then several days later, a technical engineer call me again, he asked my project experience. and then, several days later, they two together interview me again in phone, this time they asked me the technical details and work flow as a network engineer.

Interview Questions

• technical detail, like OSPF, BGP etc   1 Answer

it is too far from my home.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I did two rounds of phone interview, quite easy questions. I did not get a fair idea of the position but looked like there are many open positions available

Interview Questions

• I did not find any question difficult in particular. General computer science questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

got a call from recruiter, found me from linkedin.
    total 3 rounds interviews: colleague, director, head of san diego R&D with HQ director in Shenzhen.
    I'm an internal transferee, it's no much technical questions, general questions about my career path, my past experiences, how to deal with vendors.

Interview Questions

• How to keep contact with small start-ups with innovative but risky technologies? How to sell those technologies back in HQ?   Answer Question

Transmission Engineer Interview

Interview

Basics of Networking concepts, OSI Model, etc

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in December 2013.

Interview

the first step was HR interview through the phone. after that was supervisor/ manager's interview. the final step was CFO interview. from my perspective the most important interview is the second one since supervisor is the key person to decide whether he/she wants to work with you.

Negotiation

HR is nice and reasonable. the offer and benefit package is good.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

They have a phone interview process for basic questions. After that it would be a individual interview that will ask what is written in your resumes.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared what you are applying technically. What the company wants and what they looking for on that positions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in November 2013.

Interview

good but not standardise. i need to speak chinese throughout the interview with the director and i was asked to provide competitor information which i thk is a breach of company privacy and unethical.