Huawei Technologies Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The communication is friendly, but sometimes there might be stressful test question to reflect your ability. Generally, there will be 4 or 5 rounds interview. It is better to prepare some professional opinions for your application position. They expect you are the expert in the domain.

Interview Questions

• Your background is not matched, why do you think you are competent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in May 2016.

Interview

Stress interview, salary trading, downgrade my skills, push me to low position, 3 different persons talked with me one by one, then together. They ask to draw some picture, explain some business process.

Interview Questions

• Many things, experience, skills, family... many   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the role of Product Manager with Huawei in March. They were very prompt to connect and arrange an interview. Over the next several months without any follow ups or status updates, I was randomly contacted by Huawei to be informed that another interview would be scheduled, though they were not able to identfiy how many interviews would be involved though the process, nor would I ever receive any notification whether I was no longer a candidate. Over the following months I would meet with a differnt member of the Huawei product team, and every person outlined a completely different product manager role. No interviewer appeared to have any idea of timelines for the hiring, and there seemed to be a general communication disconnect between team members. I’m not sure how a company can hire anyone when every employee fails at such a simple task as interviewing a candidate. I understand that Huawei has been having some significant challenges managing their business, and this appears to be a good example. The lack of professionalism displayed here is a complete embarrassment to Huawei brand, and I can no longer take this company seriously. As a professional in the technology industry I don’t appreciate having my time wasted, and I certainly hope that Huawei doesn't treat their customers with the same level of respect.

When engaging with Huawei, be prepared to deal with a group of incompetent individuals who clearly need some elementary business training.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2016.

Interview

Too long..language barrier..it took 12months.Deadlines and timelines on interview feedback were not met. At some point they frooze the hiring. After final interview (presentation), he hiring manager took 4months to get back to me with feedback.

Interview Questions

• My definition of the middleclass in Kenya   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Application usually online, mostly through Jobstreet. Standard process is for HR to vet applicants with relevant hiring department. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by HR first, then interviewed by hiring department. Third interview is pretty much a formality, by director of hiring department. HR will then negotiate salary with the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Huawei's ideal employees are young, speak Mandarin, prepared to travel at the shortest notice, to the remotest of places, and stay there for the longest of tenures, for as little pay as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you get a good salary to begin with, as increments are hard to get.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Planning for the interview started with a recruiter contact me through linked in.
    The interview was setup with their director of PM - who is based in US, but deputed from China
    Timing was flexible, but it got postponed due to mutual unavailability
    The interview itself was less than co-ordial
    The role sounded secondary to R&D based in China. Travel to China was reqd, but thats not a big surprise
    Surprising that customers are in the US, but still decision making seemed to be based in mainland

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Algiers (Algeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Algiers (Algeria)) in December 2011.

Interview

Not so much, just generalities about my experience
    They were looking for someone with Cisco experience and I had that
    The interviewer were not so experienced, so they just had couple of general questions

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in April 2010.

Interview

Require to fill in employment form before interviewing. Interviewer came from mainland China, communication was abit of a challenge. Majority of the interview was going through the CV, literary line by line, trying to identify faults in the CV. Before ending, interviewer stated HR will contact me if successful otherwise NO call.
    I found out my interview was unsuccessful after a week from chasing up with HR. Try to get some feedback from HR but had a difficult time trying to speak the HR. It seems HR never answer his phone, both mobile and desk phone. Very frustrated with the company, poor interviewing process and very unhelpful HR department.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in March 2010.

Interview

I was referred into Huawei through a former collegue. Huawei management was very interested in my experience and they called same day i sent my resume via email. I was in the next day for interviews. They interviews went fine, good actually. Fairly typical questions for product management, covering both functional skills and industry knowledge. The interviews ended with a question from the senior manager asking me to email my thoughts on how to enter the US market. I also spoke with HR before I left. I did my due deligence and sent my email with my thoughts. I never heard back from Huawei, even after repeated emails to the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• What are my thoughts on how Huawei can best enter the US cable market.   Answer Question