Huawei Technologies Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very disjointed. They typically move very slow in the interview process. But, the people on the ground in Seattle in the offices are the worst. I have interviewed and worked at some of the largest companies. And, I can say hands down this would be the worst company to work for. They changed the job requirements and subsequent position midstream. They even brought in their senior leaders to query about competitors as they are trying to grow in the cloud space. Overall, there were very clueless about the needs of the customer and tried to paint their competitive nature because they say “we make the hardware”. I chuckled to myself because there are many hardware vendors that try to make this claim. Yet none are cloud providers even though they have tried.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The communication is friendly, but sometimes there might be stressful test question to reflect your ability. Generally, there will be 4 or 5 rounds interview. It is better to prepare some professional opinions for your application position. They expect you are the expert in the domain.

Interview Questions

• Your background is not matched, why do you think you are competent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm working on behalf of Huawei and got to interview with a Director and her boss, a VP/CMO in their Santa Clara office. The lady was very nice and cordial, but the guy was absolutely arrogant, and obnoxious. He kept answering his phone in the middle of the interview, and said that my work at my previous company didn't count for much at all. Finally, when it was my turn to ask him questions, I turned the tables on him, and told him that the Huawei's margins were way too thin to be competitive in the future (quoting from a WSJ article). He then went off on a rant about how the American media was biased against China, but then finally complimented me on doing good research on the company. The lady then got back to me 2 weeks later and asked me to come in for a 2nd round but I politely declined by saying that I had another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your accomplishments in your previous job   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was unclear on what they want, as for the English to Chinese language barrier. However great communications skills allow us to understand each other. The interview was both technical on an engineering level and sales on business management level. Which we identify business opportunities in the region and direction of technology in the world. For a full digital transformation.

Interview Questions

• what's your overview of the network topology and can you identify area for improvement or upgrade   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very terrible experience at Huawei interview. they told me that pass the group interview, but when I was waiting for the second round interview, I was told that I did not pass the group interview. I am Very confused and embarrassed.

Interview Questions

• what personality will the company expect their future employees have?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Madrid (Spain)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 interviews in english language with spanish and chinese people, asking about technical and human skills. Very interested in presentation skills aplied to IT knowledge. Very friendly and clear process. asda asd as as as

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in May 2016.

Interview

Stress interview, salary trading, downgrade my skills, push me to low position, 3 different persons talked with me one by one, then together. They ask to draw some picture, explain some business process.

Interview Questions

• Many things, experience, skills, family... many   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2016.

Interview

Too long..language barrier..it took 12months.Deadlines and timelines on interview feedback were not met. At some point they frooze the hiring. After final interview (presentation), he hiring manager took 4months to get back to me with feedback.

Interview Questions

• My definition of the middleclass in Kenya   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Application usually online, mostly through Jobstreet. Standard process is for HR to vet applicants with relevant hiring department. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by HR first, then interviewed by hiring department. Third interview is pretty much a formality, by director of hiring department. HR will then negotiate salary with the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Huawei's ideal employees are young, speak Mandarin, prepared to travel at the shortest notice, to the remotest of places, and stay there for the longest of tenures, for as little pay as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you get a good salary to begin with, as increments are hard to get.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Planning for the interview started with a recruiter contact me through linked in.
    The interview was setup with their director of PM - who is based in US, but deputed from China
    Timing was flexible, but it got postponed due to mutual unavailability
    The interview itself was less than co-ordial
    The role sounded secondary to R&D based in China. Travel to China was reqd, but thats not a big surprise
    Surprising that customers are in the US, but still decision making seemed to be based in mainland