Huawei Technologies Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

on site interview directly. Go through my resume project by project. ask a lot of things about Jenkins and plugin development. apparently the interviewer only know some concept about Jenkins. All questions all are contecpt level. it about near 2 hours.
    5 minutes later I got a message from agent I passed.
    by the end of the interview 5 minutes left he ask me sort a list using bubble sort. I feel shame for this question.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

5 h interview with 6 members of the team at all positions, including the people who I was going to be managing. I interviewed with one individual at a time, except for one interview that was with two people.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested to know how my previous professional experience would help them at this particular moment in the area of consumer robotics.   Answer Question

DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The entire interview process consisted of my preparing and giving a technical talk. They told me to prepare a talk on technical issues that I had worked on for previous companies. I delivered the talk and answered questions. I finished a little early, so they then asked me if I had prepared extra material on other topics. I told them no... I had done exactly as they had requested.

Interview Questions

• There were no one-on-one interviews, just the group meeting in which I gave the talk. They asked technical questions on the material I presented.   1 Answer

CPU Micro-architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process. Phone interview was more of a discussion as what I do @my current position and giving me a background about what Huawei is doing. The onsite was OK, few technical questions, some part convincing me that Huawei is a good company and a short discussion about my current compensation, and a short discussion with department VP. Everything went well. Few days after interview, I was scheduled another phone interview with Huawei VP in the US. Few days after all interviews, I was contacted by a recruiter to discuss an offer, he wanted to understand my current compensation to get an offer together. This was the 3rd time someone from Huawei asked me about my salary. Anyway, few days passed and another phone discussion with the recruiter asking one more time about my salary (4th time). He eventually told me Huawei cannot compete with my current salary so we ended our conversation with no result. I think Huawei wasted my time because from the beginning they had a good idea about my salary, yet they invited me for an interview, given that they could not compete with my current compensation. It is not acceptable to me. Hiring top talent has some cost and before wasting time, please make sure you can afford it.

Interview Questions

• Impact of changing branch outcome stage detection in performance?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen from a employee that would be equivalent to a peer. Follow-up by another phone interview from the hiring manager. Travel arrangements were made for an all day on-site interview that included both 1:1 interviews, panel interview and remote site web interface interviews. Mostly technical questions related to job function.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in the field? Describe job and process start to finish? What tools and software am I proficient in? What do I perceive as my strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary, Relocation and start date

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I did two rounds of phone interview, quite easy questions. I did not get a fair idea of the position but looked like there are many open positions available

Interview Questions

• I did not find any question difficult in particular. General computer science questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

First and foremost, I am really glad that I perused Glassdoor.com before even interviewing with Huawei. I did so quite extensively (eg. the employee opinions section, the interview feedback section, the salaries section, etc).

That being said, I must say that I do in fact agree with the vast majority of unflattering opinions and cautionary advice posted on this site regarding Huawei by its employees and those that interviewed with Huawei US.

This is how it went for me:

• I had applied for this role, where the candidate would oversee M&A activity and various other Biz Dev efforts for the R&D division with an emphasis on the enterprise segment based out of the Santa Clara office;

• A recruiter contacted me to set-up a 1:1 phone discussion with the hiring manager (VP of Strategy, a former Cisco guy);

• The discussion started off fine, but as we progressed, and like many of you have posted on this site, this VP was also extremely evasive, clandestine, secretive and misleading as to Huawei’s operations in the US;

• I can understand that due to obvious non-disclosure clauses in place, he might not have been able to share with me strategy and vision, but my questions were very generic based on the job description. For example:

My question: The fact that the US Government has banned Huawei US from making acquisitions in the US of both private (VC/non-public) and public entities, how do you expect this candidate to source M&A targets?

His response: We will try to work around this. No further explanation.

My question: The widely reported fact that Symantec called-off its Joint Venture with Huawei due to grave concerns raised that Symantec couldn’t bid on federal contracts because of its partnership with controversial Huawei. Would this pose a problem for partnerships?

His response: I don’t think so. No additional elaboration.

My question: Recently, the Australian government prohibited Huawei from bidding on a $38B broadband contract and the US Government is doing likewise because they are leery of Huawei’s close ties to the Chinese government. How do you expect the candidate to strike deals with domestic service providers?

His response: I am not sure, but we have to think of something. He then quickly changed topics.

My question: You mentioned that you have been involved in “many M&A deals” for Huawei of US based targets. Can you name some of the deals that are public information?

His response: I don’t know of any right-off my head. The Q&A was verging on complete absurdity and ridiculousness – I just stopped right there.

The VP indicated that he would get back to me with feedback, but of course, Huawei US (and him) being utterly unprofessional, discourteous, disingenuous and irresponsible, I not at all surprised I didn’t hear back from him or the recruiter.

Fortunately, for me, while I was interviewing with Huawei, I was also interviewing for a senior Corporate Development role at this large cap Bay Area F500 tech that is heavily active in the M&A cycle. I was made an offer and I accepted. I am glad Huawei didn’t work out for me. Being associated with a company such as Huawei that is widely tarnished in the press for its surreptitious ways would’ve been damaging to my impeccable career. Interview (and work) with Huawei at your peril.

Interview Questions

• Can you share some of your previous industry contacts with Huawei, if hired?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Dumb and ill-informed by American standards. Good intentions aside, they have difficulty finding qualified talent to run the show. Not worth the trouble to interview here.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview followed by telepresence interview with China team

Interview Questions

• some basic C++ and C questions and mostly on the resume and domain knowledge.   Answer Question
    • china team asked every thing in my resume, so be prepare to answer any questions on the domains mentioned in resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

thir offer is better than my previous base salary, so there was not much room to negotiate

CTO- User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

interviewed by manager only

Interview Questions

• why work for a chinese company run from china   1 Answer

Negotiation

mediium