Huawei Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had phone screen, coding interview on phone and was called for an onsite interview at Bellevue office. The interview experience was great.

Was offered for this position and discussed the offer verbally, negotiated the better salary and the salary was agreed. However the offer was declined after two months by the HQ at China, There were super slow and pain to wait for months.

This was the worst experience in my life till date.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

on site interview directly. Go through my resume project by project. ask a lot of things about Jenkins and plugin development. apparently the interviewer only know some concept about Jenkins. All questions all are contecpt level. it about near 2 hours.
    5 minutes later I got a message from agent I passed.
    by the end of the interview 5 minutes left he ask me sort a list using bubble sort. I feel shame for this question.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long but methodical. It lasted about 3 weeks and I met with a total of 4 different people. The questions and whiteboard challenges were difficult but the reinforcement from their team was helpful and positive. Overall, I would recommend the process and entire experience. It is what they call a Chinese tech dominating force for a reason.

Interview Questions

• What is a way to launch docker In a non controlled environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

- I applied online via linkedin, they ask me to show up for a face to face. They put me in a meeting room with a bunch of people making different kind of questions. I was working for a big semiconductor company and competitor. The questions were very "fish" and it was clear they were interested in the competitor not in me... VERY UNETHICAL...

Interview Questions

• Can you write in the whiteboard the wearable design that you created in your company ?
      What do you think will be the next generations ?
      What do you know about graphics and what you use there?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I did two rounds of phone interview, quite easy questions. I did not get a fair idea of the position but looked like there are many open positions available

Interview Questions

• I did not find any question difficult in particular. General computer science questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Its complete one day process, one might end up staying there till late evening too
    Technical Rounds - 3
    HR Round
    BL Head :Questions asked:
    *where you live
    *how you commute
    *will you shift closer
    *what is good about current and previous company (work from home)
    *what you heard about Huawei(good money and work, bad work-life balance) and what would you like to change(provide work from home with certain restrictions)

Interview Questions

• Technical : Multiple questions in File System area, designs discussion. Question on linked lists and Array manipulations

Q1. Reverse linked list in particular pattern
      Q2. Implementation of Hash
      Q3. Print 2D array in spiral form

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Very difficult Interview process .They will take 4 round of interview .
    1. Telephonic round
    2. Face-to-face (technical)
    3. Face-to-face (core/deep technical)
    4. Managerial

Questions are mainly very hard to solve .They will ask question in core programming level ,Networking and system programming .

Interview Questions

• Graph ,tree ,BST data structure question they used to ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I have been contacted by Huawei HR recruiter. I had given six rounds of interview. Initially two rounds of Technical which lasted around OneandHalf an hour. Both are into C,C++,SQL,Shell Scripting,DataStructuresandAlgorithm. Interview difficulty is average. Mostly interested in Advanced concepts of C++ and DataStructuresandAlgorithm. After these,one round with Manager which lasted around 45 minutes.Discussion about your project and some technical questions,also they are interested to know about your family background.Next one is HR discussion which is around half an hour.Similar to Manager round except Technical discussion.Here i had some HR related questions.Next is Director round where he checked how the candidate will fit for the company in terms of everything.Finally Salary Discussion.Overall it is good to go.

Interview Questions

• 1)How smart pointers work?what are the kinds of smart pointers and its difference?
      2)How to find and replace a repeated elements in vector to a structure?

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

3 telephonic technical rounds. 1 hr
    technical rounds- questions on kernel , operating system, memory mngmt , cache policy, rtos design, debugging, client spec , ramdump analysis, linux device drivers, power,
    hr round background check , expectations, work culture intimation
    all telephonic rounds. sykpe rounds . mid difficulty programming questions like linked list reversal, find loop

abc def jbvfdjb jdfbksdfb gkjfbfdg dfkjfgb fkjfdb fkl gfkjbjbk jkjb kkjbf dfkjbfjb dfjkdfbj

Interview Questions

• general questions- description of current proj tasks ,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Written test
    Technical Round 1
    Technical Round 2
    Director's Interview
    HR Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have accepted what I asked for.