Huawei Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huawei Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather friendly. I applied for the software engineer position as a PhD student. For PhD student the company didn't ask coding problems but instead lets you describe your projects/publications thoroughly and they will ask very detailed questions about your projects. After you get through the technical interview, HR interview and meeting the boss of the department, there will be a personality quiz which is done online.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The people in the company looked nice.
    They asked some basic technical questions and gave me some simple coding questions.
    Then there was an introduction about the company and the position.
    The process took more than 1h.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies.

Interview

It was a pool campus and cut off was 75%. Around 400 ppl participated. There were 5 rounds. 1st round was aptitude which was conducted by Co cubes. There were questions on data interpretation, algorithm(boxes wid nos were given based on algorithm should find values) etc. There were 3 sections logical, verbal n aptitude. It was average. Around 100 ppl cleared and next round was coding. It was quite easy. 3 programs carrying 5,5,10 marks. It took exactly 1 month to announce the results. I nearly thought I din clear coz it took so long. But then v got mail fa technical rounds. 45 ppl had cleared. There were 2 technical rounds. Mostly questions were asked on data structures, program fa linked lists and some simple programs. 2nd round I was asked os questions, and database. They gave a database and asked to write a query for retrieving records. It was quite difficult. Each technical round took min of 30 min. After clearing 2nd technical V were asked to fill in our details and submit xerox of all marks cards along wid photo. He round was also lyk technical round. V were asked to find out wat would happen in d given program and was asked questions on system stack and system heap. It was taken by vp of Technology dept. And basic Hr questions were also asked. The results were announced in 20 days. Oly 13 ppl got Thru.

Interview Questions

• Program to find mid element of a. Linked list.
      Program to validate a phone number.
      Types of linked lists.
      To find names of students in a class who s being taught by a aperitif teacher given a table teacher, student, class using oly 2 joins.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bardhaman (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bardhaman (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

The total process consisted of 5 rounds, all being elimination round.

The first two rounds were online conducted by Cocubes and were conducted in the same city.

1) Aptitude round - Consisted of 2 sections having 20 questions in each section. The first section had logical reasoning (level : moderate) and the other section had quantitative aptitude (level : moderate). Results were announced within 10-15 minutes and around 50 % cleared this round.
    2) Coding Round - It consisted of 3 problem statements for which code was to be written. The first two codes were really very easy. A person with basic knowledge of programming could have attempted the first two codes. First was relatively easier than the second one. Third one was of moderate level where you needed to apply brains. Candidated who had even executed two codes successfully qualified for the next round. The results were announced after 4 days.

The candidates who had cleared the 2nd round were asked to attend the further rounds of off-campus drive conducted in a city named Bardhaman. We reached the campus on time and our interviews started very soon.

The next three rounds were technical-1, technical-2 and an HR-cum-technical round.

Technical round-1 -> I was asked to introduce myself. I was then asked to write a code which i wrote successfully and then i was asked to debug my own code. I found out the bugs in my code n explained him. The interviewer was very friendly. Results were announced after 10-15 mins and i was called for next round.

Technical round-2 -> I was asked about my favorite subject. I replied OS. He then asked me simple questions from OS. What is deadlock? Explain deadlock involving a key-board. what is process? Components of OS e.t.c.

HR round -> The final round was the most difficult round for me. Most the candidates were asked a Coding question and a puzzle. I had a different kind of interview. I was asked the basics of Software Engineering and about my project and some HR questions like Why Huawei? Do you have any offers or not?

Hope this helps. I wrote this because I also learned about the interviews before mine from this site. Let's spread the knowledge and help each other. Cheers !!

Interview Questions

• A coding question( moderate level) and questions from basics of OS.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bardhaman (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bardhaman (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds in all. First aptitude and second coding round was organised by Cocubes. The first aptitude round was quite difficult, it will be very tough to manage the time although 90% of students got shortlisted. In the coding round the questions were extremely simple, extremely simple. There were three programs and if you did one correctly you would be shortlisted for technical interview.
    Two technical interview afterwards, aveage interview, focused only on c and wanted full code. Lot of puzzles. HR round was also technical cum HR.

Interview Questions

• Q: How will you find a number is even or odd without using +, -, /, * ,& , | operators.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pool campus drive. There were two online rounds initially which were conducted by Cocubes in my college. First was the aptitude round. Second was the coding.
    Aptitude round consists of two sections. each consists of 20 questions and there is a sessional cutoff but overall aptitude round is easy but the key point is time management because 40 questions to be solved in 40 min. Around 60 people cleared the first round. In coding round, 3 questions were given to be solved in 1hr and the 3 questions are very easy. I completed it in 30 min. If someone is able to solve atleast one question then they will clear this round. The results for this came after two days. Around 55 were selected for further rounds from my college.
    Next, we had 2 technical + 1 hr interview rounds after 2-3 days. Each round will be an elimination round. Each round will be for about 45 mins.
    1st and 2nd technical round were similar but difficult level is different. They will ask questions based on your resume. Hr interview is bit easy. My interview difficulty level is TR1>TR2>=HR.
    They said that after one week results will be announced but they took exactly 1 month for announcing results and 14 people were selected from my college and i am one of them. If you complete the HR round then there is 90% chance of getting offer.

Interview Questions

• To know whether a given no is power of 2 or not without using airthmetic operators with in two to three lines   1 Answer
    • Queue using linkedlist   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were a total of 5 rounds in the interview process. The 1st two rounds are conducted by Cocubes in my college. The first round was the online aptitude test. The test consists of 2 sections and each section contains 20 questions. The questions were on logical and reasoning. There were no verbal questions or c language based questions. Questions were not so difficult but time management is very much required.

The qualified students in the first round are allowed into the second round which is the programming round. 3 questions were given which are of very easy level. 1 program needed only 1 line of code. The other 2 were also easy programs. The time given is 1 hour which actually more than double the time that is required. From my college, 60 were qualified after the coding round.

The coding round result was given in 2 days and interviews were in next 2 days. The interviews were held in a different place. We reached the interview arena before our intended time. So, we had some time to discuss with the students who had already given their interviews. In my resume, I had some certifications in C language & data structures and other elements that elevate the fact that I'm interested in C. So, in my interviews I was asked mostly on programming in c, data structures and java. Others candidates were asked questions on O S & Computer networks also.

The third round was T R1. It was quite tricky. He asked me to use a data structure for a problem. The problem is too long to explain here. I couldn't write the program completely though I was given 15 minutes. The data input is too long. So, finally he saw the paper for the code I have written. I told him the approach. He told that my approach was good but had a drawback. I told him another one. Then he gave me another program- how do you find if a given number is a power of 2 or not in 1 line of code. I was able to write it in some time. Then he asked some questions on c like will an extra element be accepted by an array that was defined statically. This question has a different answer in c and a different answer in Java.

In the 4th round(TR2), interviewer asked me about myself. Then asked about my project. Then he asked me about 3-4 programs. He then asked me to optimise them. Some questions on C & Java. Some on my other job offers. The TR interviewers were very friendly and always smiling. Both TRs were "Happy professional and technical conversations". TR1 and TR2 were held simultaneously and each lasted about an hour.

The final round is H R. The H R also asked me to write a program which requires manipulation of linked lists. The final year project was a major point of discussion in this round. Basic H R questions were asked. You should know about your project completely to pass this round. This round was also about 1 hour. Passport size photos, Id proof ( college id not accepted) and photo copies of mark lists of 10th, 12th & semester wise marksheets should be submitted after H R interview. It took about 1 month for the result to be announced. After a long wait for the result, I was selected.

All the very best!!!! Meet you at Huawei!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you come for Huawei interview though you are already placed in other company?
      Do you know Huawei before or you just knew it recently?
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pool campus drive held in Bangalore in Jan and Feb at SKIT.
    Process had 5 rounds. 1> Online aptitude 2> online coding 3,4> Technical 5> Overall round , all being elimination rounds.
    After clearing all the rounds, results of all selected candidates were out after a month. But results sent by the company were wrong. Although me being the only candidate from my College making through all 5 rounds, one of my friend my college who got eliminated after 3rd round got selected.
    The process for hiring by the company is not transparent. And after mailing company regarding the same, they haven't replied the feedback with proper reason for rejection.

The HR's in this company are irresponsible to rectify their mistake and reply with the proper feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions : SQL joins , queries, strings, bit manipulation, data structures , algorithms and a lot of puzzles (5-6).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The Process took 3 days to complete.First round tests logical and aptitude skills. Second round tests coding skills for C programs. Third and fourth round tests technical knowledge(i,e third round for core domain and fourth round for computer languages).Fifth round is HR round.Filtering takes place after every round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

they came for college recruitment they had 3 round 1 aptitude, 1 coding round and third was personal interview. In personal interview they had 3 round first was object oriented programming, 2nd basic IQ, then hr round. they selected people from non cs background also. overall the interview was good. hr round were taken mostly by managers working

Interview Questions

• object oriented design techniques   1 Answer