Huawei Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.2

160 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bardhaman (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bardhaman (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds in all. First aptitude and second coding round was organised by Cocubes. The first aptitude round was quite difficult, it will be very tough to manage the time although 90% of students got shortlisted. In the coding round the questions were extremely simple, extremely simple. There were three programs and if you did one correctly you would be shortlisted for technical interview.
Two technical interview afterwards, aveage interview, focused only on c and wanted full code. Lot of puzzles. HR round was also technical cum HR.

Interview Questions

• Q: How will you find a number is even or odd without using +, -, /, * ,& , | operators.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Huawei Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)) in March 2016.

Interview

OA first, than two round face to face interview. There are two coding questions of online assignment, after this, you will get two face to face interviews with manager. just ask the questions about the project.

Interview Questions

• how to improve the performance of the distributred system   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pool campus drive. There were two online rounds initially which were conducted by Cocubes in my college. First was the aptitude round. Second was the coding.
    Aptitude round consists of two sections. each consists of 20 questions and there is a sessional cutoff but overall aptitude round is easy but the key point is time management because 40 questions to be solved in 40 min. Around 60 people cleared the first round. In coding round, 3 questions were given to be solved in 1hr and the 3 questions are very easy. I completed it in 30 min. If someone is able to solve atleast one question then they will clear this round. The results for this came after two days. Around 55 were selected for further rounds from my college.
    Next, we had 2 technical + 1 hr interview rounds after 2-3 days. Each round will be an elimination round. Each round will be for about 45 mins.
    1st and 2nd technical round were similar but difficult level is different. They will ask questions based on your resume. Hr interview is bit easy. My interview difficulty level is TR1>TR2>=HR.
    They said that after one week results will be announced but they took exactly 1 month for announcing results and 14 people were selected from my college and i am one of them. If you complete the HR round then there is 90% chance of getting offer.

Interview Questions

• To know whether a given no is power of 2 or not without using airthmetic operators with in two to three lines   1 Answer
    • Queue using linkedlist   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were a total of 5 rounds in the interview process. The 1st two rounds are conducted by Cocubes in my college. The first round was the online aptitude test. The test consists of 2 sections and each section contains 20 questions. The questions were on logical and reasoning. There were no verbal questions or c language based questions. Questions were not so difficult but time management is very much required.

The qualified students in the first round are allowed into the second round which is the programming round. 3 questions were given which are of very easy level. 1 program needed only 1 line of code. The other 2 were also easy programs. The time given is 1 hour which actually more than double the time that is required. From my college, 60 were qualified after the coding round.

The coding round result was given in 2 days and interviews were in next 2 days. The interviews were held in a different place. We reached the interview arena before our intended time. So, we had some time to discuss with the students who had already given their interviews. In my resume, I had some certifications in C language & data structures and other elements that elevate the fact that I'm interested in C. So, in my interviews I was asked mostly on programming in c, data structures and java. Others candidates were asked questions on O S & Computer networks also.

The third round was T R1. It was quite tricky. He asked me to use a data structure for a problem. The problem is too long to explain here. I couldn't write the program completely though I was given 15 minutes. The data input is too long. So, finally he saw the paper for the code I have written. I told him the approach. He told that my approach was good but had a drawback. I told him another one. Then he gave me another program- how do you find if a given number is a power of 2 or not in 1 line of code. I was able to write it in some time. Then he asked some questions on c like will an extra element be accepted by an array that was defined statically. This question has a different answer in c and a different answer in Java.

In the 4th round(TR2), interviewer asked me about myself. Then asked about my project. Then he asked me about 3-4 programs. He then asked me to optimise them. Some questions on C & Java. Some on my other job offers. The TR interviewers were very friendly and always smiling. Both TRs were "Happy professional and technical conversations". TR1 and TR2 were held simultaneously and each lasted about an hour.

The final round is H R. The H R also asked me to write a program which requires manipulation of linked lists. The final year project was a major point of discussion in this round. Basic H R questions were asked. You should know about your project completely to pass this round. This round was also about 1 hour. Passport size photos, Id proof ( college id not accepted) and photo copies of mark lists of 10th, 12th & semester wise marksheets should be submitted after H R interview. It took about 1 month for the result to be announced. After a long wait for the result, I was selected.

All the very best!!!! Meet you at Huawei!!!

Interview Questions

• Why did you come for Huawei interview though you are already placed in other company?
      Do you know Huawei before or you just knew it recently?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a pool campus drive held in Bangalore in Jan and Feb at SKIT.
    Process had 5 rounds. 1> Online aptitude 2> online coding 3,4> Technical 5> Overall round , all being elimination rounds.
    After clearing all the rounds, results of all selected candidates were out after a month. But results sent by the company were wrong. Although me being the only candidate from my College making through all 5 rounds, one of my friend my college who got eliminated after 3rd round got selected.
    The process for hiring by the company is not transparent. And after mailing company regarding the same, they haven't replied the feedback with proper reason for rejection.

The HR's in this company are irresponsible to rectify their mistake and reply with the proper feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions : SQL joins , queries, strings, bit manipulation, data structures , algorithms and a lot of puzzles (5-6).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

The Process took 3 days to complete.First round tests logical and aptitude skills. Second round tests coding skills for C programs. Third and fourth round tests technical knowledge(i,e third round for core domain and fourth round for computer languages).Fifth round is HR round.Filtering takes place after every round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

they came for college recruitment they had 3 round 1 aptitude, 1 coding round and third was personal interview. In personal interview they had 3 round first was object oriented programming, 2nd basic IQ, then hr round. they selected people from non cs background also. overall the interview was good. hr round were taken mostly by managers working

Interview Questions

• object oriented design techniques   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Two technical interviews and one final with a senior member of the company. The interview was focused on data structures, algorithms, in-depth knowledge of programming languages like Java and C.

Interview Questions

• Question on manipulation of linked lists.   1 Answer
    • Questions on binary tree manipulation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was fixed and no negotiation was entertained.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a pool campus drive in Bangalore.
    There were two online rounds initially. First was the aptitude and verbal round. Second was the coding.
    Aptitude round was easy. In coding round, 3 questions were given with increasing difficulty.
    The results for this came after a month. Around 60 were selected for further rounds.

Next, we had 2 technical + 1 hr interview rounds.
    Each round will be an elimination round. Each round will be for about 45 mins.
    1st technical round - Program to reverse a linked list. One more program with conditional statements. 2 puzzles.
    2nd technical round - 3 puzzles, one program to print a pattern.
    HR round - He asked me everything in my resume. One question about storing different variables of a program in different memories.
    Questions will be asked based on what you answer. So answer carefully.
    I got through all the 3 rounds.
    The results came after a month and I was selected from my college.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Huawei Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

Huawei visited our campus in october 2015. There were 5 rounds in total. First round was an online aptitude and verbal test. The next was a coding round for 1 hour consisting of 3 codes. Out of around 300 students 60 were shortlisted after the coding round. Next were the interviews which were held at a different location in a pooled campus placement.

There were 3 interviews (2 technical + 1 overall). First technical had questions on C, C++, java, OS, compiler design and few aptitude questions. A few were asked questions on networks as well. More than theory they check the way you write the code. They want the full code and syntax errors won't be tolerated. The second technical contained a long drilling session on optimizing the code I had written in the first technical. Finally the last was an overall interview which consisted of regular hr questions, few basic C questions, a C++ question (draw a class diagram for a car dealer) and 2 puzzles. Each interview lasted between 45min to 90min. Students were eliminated after every round. There is a 90% chance that you will get the job provided you finish all the rounds. They took a month to post the results and in the end shortlisted 12 students and I am one of them.

Interview Questions

• Write a code to merge 2 sorted linked lists to form a single sorted linked list.   Answer Question
    • Write a code to print fibonacci numbers without using a loop.   1 Answer
    • Name all the sorting techniques and give the time complexity of each.   Answer Question
    • 2 eggs and 100 floor puzzle   Answer Question
    • Find the smallest number whose sum of digits multiplied by 3 gives the number itself   1 Answer