HubSpot Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HubSpot Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at HubSpot

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter recommended me to apply for the position. After a few weeks he told me their would be a phone interview (basic screening) over the phone. Received the phone call as expected but the interviewer didn"t seem interested in the first place. Usual background check, why hubspot etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HubSpot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Too long of a process. It was about 6 weeks long. They don’t value your time at all. Very unprofessionally handled the last part of interview process. Gave me a bad impression of company overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge you experienced in your current role and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

HubSpot Response

Jan 22, 2019 – Director, Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and I'm sorry that your interview experience didn't live up to your (or our) expectations. The true value of these reviews is that it gives me specific... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. In person interview with two people. Mock-pitch over the phone with two scenarios. In person interview again with the rest of the team (5 more people).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubSpot (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, in which I spoke to a relatively entry level sales rep (I think). They were polite and put me at ease, but didn't give too much away about the business, or the role itself. They expect you to know this already.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you $40,000 to start a business what would you start   126 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screening, phone interview, in person interview, The sales managers were great. They were open and honest. They shared their concerns, told me what they liked about my answers and where I should improve my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing you are better at than one year ago.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

The process was straightforward, a couple of interviews with various levels of management. Everyone was polite, genuine, and pretty awesome. I wasn't a fit for the first position I applied for, but they suggested I try for another role, which was really cool. Overall they have a great process and the company isn't segmented, which brings a lot of great opportunies

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really unexpected or out of the blue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, phone screen with Sales Recruiter, followed by a VERY LENGTHY (took me two hours) test which included six parts (personality, vocabulary, situational questions, analogies, math and word problems), followed by a phone screen with the Sales Manager. I never called them back after that call and they never called me back.

The test was very long and I was curious to know what they were looking for when they asked me some of these GRE type math problems. The phone screens were straight and to the point like they were reading from a list, getting their answers and moving on. In a sales role the interview needs to be more conversational, personality is a huge part of sales.

I do not have a marketing background and this was more or less an entry level job but I felt as though things didn't "click" in the interview because I didn't have the marketing experience to back it up-- they knew this prior to the interview. All in all I felt like the Sales Recruiter and the Sales Manager I spoke with were rather cold with little personality. Possibly that is just for the interview process? I've been turned down at plenty of other jobs so I'm not saying this because they didn't call me back. I'm saying it because I just got a feeling that this isn't a place that would be a fit for me .. though I know it's a great company that many people are happy to be a part of.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

4 rounds: 2 phone, 2 in person. I met with a bunch of people from the team and had to a few tests as well. It was the most challenging interview process I've had to date.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who wants to cancel? How would you persuade them to stay?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

Spoke to Hubspot's head recruiter about the position via phone after first reaching out over LinkedIn Inmail. The guy was a total hot shot, and one of the rudest people in HR I've ever spoken to at any company. I'm thankful that the recruiter took the time to speak with me, but the continual put downs, sarcasm, and multiple breaks during our call so he could write emails, was extremely unprofessional and completely changed my image of Hubspot (which I had a ton of respect for prior).

Interview Questions

• Recruiter is EXTREMELY metric driven. Make sure you can rattle off your stats- closing rate, turnover rate, etc. Even if you aren't held to metrics in your current position, do the math and make sure you can talk the talk.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HubSpot.

Interview

I had been interested for a while and was able to get an employee referral through a friend of a friend. The next day I heard back to schedule an in person interview with an overall hiring manager and development manager for the team I would be on. Everyone was very friendly from the beginning and also very transparent about what they were looking for and how I was doing with the process. You always knew when you would be contacted about next steps in the process.

Next I took an online personality test followed by two "role play" mock client calls with a hiring manager. They recorded these so the people in my next interview could evaluate my performance. This was probably the most nerve wracking part of the process, though not terrible if you do your homework.

Next I met with various members of teams I would potentially be working with for more in person interviews and also got a tour of the office.

Though I ultimately did not get the offer, I heard back very quickly and got helpful feedback. Overall it was a fun interview process that got me more and more excited about HubSpot and the position. It also seemed very fair and I never felt like I had to guess about what was coming around the corner.