HubSpot Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HubSpot Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at HubSpot

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

- I was interviewed by 8 different people, including direct managers, future co-workers and colleagues, HR, and the CEO himself;
- The interviews took about 3 hours (with a couple breaks), but quite intense. Difficult to really prepare when questions came from people ranging from new hires all the way up to the CEO

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Jul 11, 2016 – VP, Culture and Experience

Sounds like the interview process was pretty fast, which is good news, and that the interviews were intense but fair. Excited that you're officially on board as part of our team--I hope your

Other Interview Reviews for HubSpot

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. You come in and meet with 3-4 different managers on the various teams you will be working with and they ask you the normal interview questions. The final interview was with the CEO of the company. In that final interview it was more like I was interviewing him. All the conversations with all the interviewers were pretty natural and fluid. A+

Interview Questions

• What was a specific challenge you faced at company XYZ and how did you solve it. (etc)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter about background/salary. Then met with 4 individuals. The first interview was a behavioral one...general talk about background and interests. The next two were very skills-based. All questions about SEO, blogging, and social media. The best prep is to take the Inbound Marketing Professional Certification quiz.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between on-page and off-page SEO?   Answer Question
    • Do Twitter posts affect Google rankings for a Website?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was challenging, but very pleasant. I had four stages: (1) a phone interview with an HR rep, (2) a "homework" assignment I presented over GoToMeeting/phone to the hiring manager, (3) an in-person interview with five employees including the VP of my department, and finally (4) an in-person interview with the CEO. The entire process went very smoothly. The HR rep was extremely responsive and friendly, and I NEVER felt at any point like I was kept hanging (which I've definitely experienced interviewing at other companies in the past). All the HubSpot employees I interviewed with made me feel very comfortable, like we were having a conversation rather than a formal interview. There were some tricky questions, but I was very prepared because of my background and because I did a TON of research about the company and inbound marketing beforehand. I also asked a lot of questions, since I wanted to make sure the company was a good fit for me too! Within a month of sending in my resume, I had an offer, and I'm extremely happy so far at HubSpot!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied through site then made further contact via social media. I was then called by & briefly asked about my backround & interest w/ company. Soon after the call I was emailed and asked when I could come in for an interview. I have been offered a second interview & I am waiting for them to schedule.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to work with an individual working within a big company or a small mom and pop business?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain the value of blogging to a client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screen from HR, a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager, a role play of a consultant - client phone conversation, and an in-person interview with a bunch of members of the team. Takes a looong time to get to each next stage and is very competitive. I was told they got over 100 applications per day for the role.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a half hour phone call talking about why I thought I was suitable for the position. Asked a few questions about where the role fitted in the organisation. Was it a pre or post customer signup positon etc. Had a chat about my own experience and how it would fit into the role. Was put through to the next round and took online aptitude test. This took about an hour. Had a second phone interview with recorded scenario and was put through for face to face interview. The whole process was easy going and probably on of the most enjoyable interview processes I've been through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR via phone, asked about prior experience and what I knew about SEO and inbound marketing. Went smoothly overall as I expressed ability to articulate concepts that would be relevant for job. Went in and interviewed with two people from group I'd be joining, and although it went well I did not get an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

A overall good interview process, I was contacted after applying online and without having any inside connections which was nice to experience. A company like HubSpot is very competitive and sometimes it's all who and not what you know. The interview process was detailed and very systematic with a clear set plan. The "host" of the interviews always asked how I liked the place, where my interest stands, how I think I performed, etc. and then informed me of the next steps.

The steps were a phone screen, then in-person interview followed by 2 roles plays on the phone and an online aptitude test (much like SATs) and the last step was a final in-person interview with the people I would be reporting to directly. Each level I got the impression that they were weeding people out and by the time I had my second in-person interview I must have been 1 of 10 people left. It is at this step that they give you a tour of their office which is busting at the seams but only because they are growing so rapidly.

I think the most challenging part of the interviews on difficulty scale was the role plays, you do have to do your homework before, have an understanding of what you are talking about going in and you are speaking with someone that does these everyday (so he's good). On top of all that they record the session for everyone else that wants to hear it at the company can, adding pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why does a company that sells "hunting equipment" need HubSpot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. At that point, I had a phone interview which was then followed up by an in-person interview at their office. At the office, I was met with several people who were all very friendly but still maintained a professional, composed demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? I guess I hadn't really thought about it   Answer Question