Find jobs for Inbound Marketing Consultant

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

HubSpot Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 1.8K interviews

In Person11%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

HubSpot

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot in Jun 2018

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter (Johanna) about a week after I applied online, and she wanted to set up a time for an initial "getting to know you"/screening phone interview, which took about 30 minutes. After that, I moved forward with another phone interview with a manager on the professional services team where she asked me more in-depth questions about my background and experience. Next, I moved forward to the next round of interviews, which consisted of four 30-minute interviews with various members of the team, ranging from principal inbound consultants to managers to directors. The questions were mostly behavioral and situational. For example, "tell me about a time when..." and "what would you do if..." The interviews were certainly difficult, but if you've been a consultant before, you'll be able to answer the questions (it's just thinking of the right example quickly that's tough). Since I don't live in the Boston area, I did these interviews via Zoom over the course of two days. But if I lived closer, these would've been done in the office one morning/afternoon (just something to keep in mind if you live closer). At this point, they felt I was a strong candidate who showcased many of the skills they look for, and I was invited to the final round of interviews, which was a presentation. They had me a real client, provided me with background info and goals, and asked me to create a quarterly strategy for the client, which was then presented to the interview panel. I did fly to Boston for this final interview, but it wasn't covered or reimbursed by HubSpot – which wasn't a big deal to me since I felt the experience alone was worth it. If you come to the office for this presentation, they'll take you out to lunch and give you a tour of the office. Ultimately, they decided not to move forward with an offer. Of course, I'm disappointed, but I had a very positive interview experience. The interview panel provided me with great feedback so I know where I can improve, which I really appreciated. I definitely plan on keeping in contact in case another position opens up. Shout out to Johanna and the interview panel (Jon, Stephanie, Steph, Rebecca and Mark) for a great experience!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when [you made a mistake/a client was unhappy with your work/you took an unconventional approach to a campaign/a campaign was really successful/your client changed their goals/etc.]
    Answer Question
  • Think about your favorite client. What would they say about you in a LinkedIn review? Think about your least favorite client. What would they say about you?
  • What would you do if [a client changed their goal from X to Y, a client got mad at you, you missed a deadline, etc.]?
  • If you could change one thing about [CURRENT COMPANY] what would you change and why?
  • How do you handle setbacks or things not going as planned?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA) in Nov 2017

Interview

The interview process I experienced was intense. 2 phone interviews and 4 in-person. If chosen to move on there was going to be a presentation after that. Possibly even an obstacle course after that with alligators and fire pits (I kid, but seriously... it's a long process that seems endless). Each team has a different style of interviewing. Some role play, others don't do anything but screen you, honestly, your experience will probably be different than most things written here. It's funny—everyone here *does* tell you that they repeatedly ask you the same questions, which is true. And you don't think that's going to be hard until you go through it and it's weirdly difficult. Probably because it feels like you're cheating if you just say the same thing over and over. Which is one of the things that got me, I found myself trying to come up with new ways to say the same thing... which made my brain work slower and in a more roundabout way. This is what they're looking for: a good personality fit, clear and concise communication skills, some relevant experience but the first two are far more important. Also, do not schedule your interview through lunch, you don't get a break and if your blood sugar does a dive because you haven't had a snack or lunch, you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. Overall I found the process to be good. The people were very nice, human, and mostly chill.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any questions for me?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about HubSpot