HubSpot Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HubSpot Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

3.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

- I was interviewed by 8 different people, including direct managers, future co-workers and colleagues, HR, and the CEO himself;
    - The interviews took about 3 hours (with a couple breaks), but quite intense. Difficult to really prepare when questions came from people ranging from new hires all the way up to the CEO

Interview Questions

HubSpot Response

Jul 11, 2016 – VP, Culture and Experience

Sounds like the interview process was pretty fast, which is good news, and that the interviews were intense but fair. Excited that you're officially on board as part of our team--I hope your... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email inviting me in. The interview consisted of 2 parts, one with a recruiter and one with a talent manager. They were friendly and it wasn't a negative experience, but please be warned that the minute you step into the office, you are being tested. If you don't ask the right question or phrase an answer in a way they don't approve of, you are out. Also, know your stuff. Take the inbound marketing certification they offer, follow up by reading inbound strategies on their site, and prepare answers that challenge them, related to inbound marketing and the company. They key is, they want to be challenged, so think of questions that are unique and they haven't heard before. You will be faced with an interviewer who literally sits there and says, "ask me something" for 15 minutes. Most importantly, go into this interview not caring what they think. Hubspot is incredibly picky and they look for a "fit" that you either have or don't. See it as a conversation to learn.

Interview Questions

• "If you were given a list of 200 customers, how would you prioritize cold-calling them?" Although honestly, the thing that threw me off the most was the repeated request for me to ask challenging questions over and over.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Started with an in-person interview with two people from their HR team. Went on to a role play by phone. Last step was a followup interview with 4 people from the IMC team. Everyone was generally friendly throughout the process, though they seemed a little tired by the number of people they'd been interviewing. Didn't receive offer because of "fit." Would have liked more transparency as to what that actually means; it's a little nebulous. Followed up on it thanking for their time and asking for feedback on how to improve, heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Not so much an actual interview question, but after the interview I was asked if I'd be ready to take the job if offered. I was told they expect you to accept the offer letter within the day. So if you want to weigh your options with a competing offer, just note you won't have much opportunity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about two weeks. At that point, I had a phone interview which was then followed up by an in-person interview at their office. At the office, I was met with several people who were all very friendly but still maintained a professional, composed demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? I guess I hadn't really thought about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Boston, MA).

Interview

I went through 5+ rounds of both in person and phone interviews and the recruiters I spoke to were nice and the interviews were easy. My HR contact sort of led me to believe that I had the job and then did not offer me the position I was interviewing for but said that I could interview instead for a very entry level position. I was offended by the offer given my experience and so I declined. Overall, I thought the process was somewhat disorganized and that the recruiters were misleading.

Onboarding Inbound Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Quite a bit of- Whoops, this happened and because this happened there is a problem. Lots of junior level mistakes. Easy to get the impression that these young people that make-up the company don't have much experience. Appearances are everything. Not very appealing to be part of a cattle call. You clearly have to "drink the company kool-aid." Misguided zeal and cult like personalities with a cold edge made the experience off putting

Interview Questions

• All generic interview questions only centered on blog optimization and SEO.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initially applied through their website which is powered by jobvite. The recruiter for the position contacted me to schedule an in person interview. I was met by the recruiter and had to wait a bit as they were running behind schedule, was offered water and made comfortable. I interviewed with two people - standard questions, tell me about yourself, what have you done in the past, what do you know about inbound marketing and the company, why do you want to work here.

I received no offer and no further communication or feedback from HR, which was a disappointment.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected, but "teach me something only using words, as if you were on the phone"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

A overall good interview process, I was contacted after applying online and without having any inside connections which was nice to experience. A company like HubSpot is very competitive and sometimes it's all who and not what you know. The interview process was detailed and very systematic with a clear set plan. The "host" of the interviews always asked how I liked the place, where my interest stands, how I think I performed, etc. and then informed me of the next steps.

The steps were a phone screen, then in-person interview followed by 2 roles plays on the phone and an online aptitude test (much like SATs) and the last step was a final in-person interview with the people I would be reporting to directly. Each level I got the impression that they were weeding people out and by the time I had my second in-person interview I must have been 1 of 10 people left. It is at this step that they give you a tour of their office which is busting at the seams but only because they are growing so rapidly.

I think the most challenging part of the interviews on difficulty scale was the role plays, you do have to do your homework before, have an understanding of what you are talking about going in and you are speaking with someone that does these everyday (so he's good). On top of all that they record the session for everyone else that wants to hear it at the company can, adding pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why does a company that sells "hunting equipment" need HubSpot?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone screen from HR, a half hour phone interview with the hiring manager, a role play of a consultant - client phone conversation, and an in-person interview with a bunch of members of the team. Takes a looong time to get to each next stage and is very competitive. I was told they got over 100 applications per day for the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HubSpot (Cambridge, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with HR via phone, asked about prior experience and what I knew about SEO and inbound marketing. Went smoothly overall as I expressed ability to articulate concepts that would be relevant for job. Went in and interviewed with two people from group I'd be joining, and although it went well I did not get an offer