Hudson Valley FCU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hudson Valley FCU Interview Questions

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

You receive 2 over the phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Very easy questions. This is probably because it holds very little weight for you to be given a job. A background check and a credit check is placed. Don't bother to apply if your credit has blemished at all. I was initially offered a job and they then recanted based on my credit. With over 10 years in contact center expierence it was a first for me to be declined a job based on credit which I can't fix until I have a job.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions regarding what and how you resolve situations such as angry customers, mistakes and so on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You are sent an email asking you to call at your earliest convenience to schedule your phone interview. You hear back a few days later if they would like to move forward with the interview process and have the face to face interview, usually two interviewers are present. They call a few days later and ask if they can proceed with the background check/credit check, and you will hear if you are hired in a few days.

Lien and Insurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU.

Interview

Applied as an internal candidate as I was a teller in one of the branches. Had to wait for interview with department manager or supervisor. Interviewed about 2 weeks later with 2 members of management. A bit intimidating

Interview Questions

• Most questions were challenging because they are situational. Had to keep trying to find examples that fit the question.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU.

Interview

Applied through company website recevied a call which explained the hiring process in details. There was a phone interview with an HR rep then another interview with a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you have an unpleasant member because you made a mistake in the transaction?   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Hyde Park, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one is a phone screening. A recruiter asked me about five scenario questions. The second interview is in person and they ask about seven-nine scenario questions. There's usually two people doing the interviews and they make it very easy-going and constantly will remind you not to rush with your answers. No pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was more personality driven, for the hiring manager to get a good understanding of you as a person mainly because you will be dealing with vast majorities of people from all different ethic groups. They just want to make sure you are a personable, genuinely nice person before they put you on the front line as a HVFCU rep.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced with a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Assistant Teller Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process involved filling out the application on the internal/external webpage. Once the minimum job criteria was met HR would call to schedule an interview with the hiring manager for that branch. The interview was performed with 2 of the managers for the branch. The managers went through your experience background and then go through behavioral scenarios to see how the interviewee responds.

Interview Questions

• During that time the interview consisted of a specific scenario that needed to be described. For example, how did you handle a case where you had an irate member.   Answer Question

Teller Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Long. I mean 30-45 minutes of questions that someone wasted money paying someone else to tell them how to do it. Basically I interviewed alot of people and I can tell you you only need 10-15 minutes. Not a bunch of questions. Go in there and answer the questions in full. Don't answer quick and don't answer with experience from 20 years ago. Talk about sales. If you mention sales you got their attention.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer "what would you do questions" Don't answer any question with one sentence. That makes no sense. Answer the questions by giving examples and results.   1 Answer

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Poughkeepsie, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I had a 1 on 1 interview with the Teller Supervisor. There were no curve balls or weird question. I felt very comfortable during the experience. The over the phone interview is very standardized, but the in person one felt more personal because I was being interview by the person who would end up being my boss. They had specific questions for me and items they were looking for in their staff members.

Interview Questions

• If you had to say what a weakness of yours was, what would it be?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hudson Valley FCU (Newburgh, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Fill out online app.
    If chosen you get a phone call to schedule a phone interview
    After phone interview, if chosen you are asked to schedule a in branch interview
    (The in branch interview is very important, they have a lot of say in the process)
    For the branch interview you will meet with two people, usually the teller super and branch super
    There are a lot of questions that are designed to see if you are ture to your answers
    It takes about an hour
    If you are chosen they will get back to you in about a week.
     For part time there is 3 weeks of training in poughkeepsie, if your full time its about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handel a group project in which a team member was not holding up there end?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is better at other banks. The pay I was given was 9.98/hr