Hughes Network Systems Interview Questions in Germantown, MD | Glassdoor

Hughes Network Systems Interview Questions in Germantown, MD

Interviews at Hughes Network Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Hughes Communications was having a college day. There were many college students. I had four interviews. Three of them were technical. I was asked to do some problems related. The first interviewer had me do a recursion problem. I was asked to validate a Mathematical expression using recursion. The second interviewer came and asked me the difference between TCP and UDP communications. The third interviewer just asked some basic questions. He didn't try to ask any technical questions. The last interviewer had me solve the Tower of Hanai problem and some other problems.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SOAP and REST   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in a college career fair, two weeks later got a phone interview, and 3 more weeks later went to Maryland to participate College day event. Four rounds interviews with four different people, and 45 minutes for each. My first interviewer was later for half an hour, and when he finally show up, he took a lot of food and start to have breakfast, asked me about n-queens puzzle. The second interviewer seems disagree about no matter what I said, he asked me about 7-layer network architecture, I said I am more familiar with 5 layer architecture, he looks like shocked and said I do not need to explain it, no one use 5 layer. The third guy prepare a paper of questions about a wide range of questions, bit manipulation, describe pointer to a person with no cs background, what to do if one of their client said their network went down. The fourth interviewer seem do not want to talk, talked a little bit about daily life and then finished.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the College Day. The welcome reception was the night before the formal interview, which gives the interviewees the opportunity to talk with their interviewers and get familiar with the company's culture.
    The formal interview includes 4 rounds. None of the 4 rounds are technical interviews, just briefly introduce the previous projects.

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

Get phone interview after applying online. The phone interview is focused on my resume and interests. After two weeks, I attend the College Day with many other college students. The onsite interview has 4 rounds (45 minutes each round). --> Round 1: a few questions about data structure, relational database, MySQL, HTML/CSS. I was required to write some simple JavaScript codes on paper. --> Round 2: the interviewer asked lots of questions about OOP concepts, Java, and SQL. For examples, abstract class/interface, multi-threading, JDBC, MVC, exception, file writers, socket. For each skill & tool I listed in the resume, there are several questions for me. This round was very tough for me and there are about 5 questions I couldn't answer. --> Round 3: talk with a manager. No questions. I asked a few questions about the company and the development platform. --> Round 4: A few questions about OOP, Java, Python, and JDBC (Java and Python are the primary skills in my resume). A design question within 30 minutes, which required me to design the front-end (HTML, JavaScript, Ajax) and back-end (Python) for a web app. There are some typos in my codes, but the interviewer said that doesn't matter. For the entire interview process, there isn't much about algorithms. I received the offer from HR after one week.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, multi-threading, Socket, JDBC, MVC, OOP, relational database, MySQL, Python, HTML, JavaScript, Ajax.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

They came to my campus and then scheduled an on campus inteview . It was simply to know about the candidate. Next I was called for the Hughes college recruitment day in their office in Germantown. The on sight consisted of 4 rounds. One was simply hr, the other was on oops. Rest of the two were on resume. I'd say mostly it was on resume. Only the basic concepts were required else.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts like Singleton classes, polymorphism, override   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the Hughes when they came to our career fair followed by applying online.

A month later, I gave a telephonic interview with a manager. He asked some questions from my resume. He was not in the same department as I am so he focused mainly on HR related questions. A week later, I got a mail that they want to invite me to participate in the College Day event in Germantown, MD.

It was a two-day event. On the first day, there was a welcome reception at a restaurant where there were some hiring managers as well. We spent around two hours talking to the managers and the HR staffs and eating food.

On the second day, we went to the office for a quick breakfast followed by four interviews of 45 mins each. The interviews started at around 9 am and were over by 12 noon. There is no break in between the interviews.

Then we had lunch and it ended a lab tour before heading back home.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked me questions from my resume. He asked basic questions on the technologies I worked on. He asked me to write merge sort program.

The second interviewer was an embedded systems guy and he said he doesn't know anything on java which I was interviewing for. He asked me questions from C and C++. I could answer some and told him when I didn't know. He asked me some behavioural questions at the end.

The third interviewer had a sheet with 4 programs and a networking question. Since I was not interviewing for networking, he told I can skip the networking question. Questions: 1. Reverse a linked list. 2. Multiply two numbers without using multiplication/division operator and iterators. 3. Write any sorting algorithm. 4. Write a running average algorithm. The formula was provided. 5. Write the TCP/IP layers.

The fourth interviewer was a networking person and all he asked was behavioural questions and some questions from my resume.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

They took the resume on campus , got a call 20 days later for on site. 4 rounds of interviews each 45 mins. They asked in depth about the skills in resume

Interview Questions

• re design the old project with new technical skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the company representatives at my University. I was called to attend the College Day event in Germantown (really well organized event). This interview consists of 4 rounds with people from different teams within the organization. Go through your resume in-depth and be prepared to answer everything that's on your resume. Don't waste a lot of time on algo's or complex LeetCode questions. You should be strong with basic programming concepts. That's all you need!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed for a software engineer position. Found the company through indeed and applied to a position in San Diego. Got a call back asking if I was interested in the Maryland position and if I would like to do a phone interview. The interview went about 30 minutes and consisted mainly of background information questions followed by several technical coding questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a function to tell the size of your CPU (i.e. if it is 32 bit, 64 bit etc.) without the use of sizeof or other helpful functions?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule a phone interview with a hiring manager. Questions about any previous experience and details about my projects. They called me around a month later and then submitting the offer by mail.

Interview Questions

• None really. I only remember they asked me what is polymorphism and OO general questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. General good pay for the area.