Hughes Network Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hughes Network Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hughes Network Systems

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I met them at a career fair. Called me on-site for the college day event. The arrangements were really well organized. And the recruiter was really friendly. There were 4 back to back interviews. First one asked a few resume based questions and a few technical ones, the second did not want to ask anything- just asked me about some sports that I like and left. The third one was really rude- even though I answered the questions and attempted the ones I did not know- The guy only wanted to prove me wrong. The last one was a senior manager- very friendly, asked a few technical questions.
After the last one, there was lunch and lab tours. Overall- good arrangements but the interviewers were not good people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hughes Network Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring Process was easy. Applied through website and got call from HR to setup phone interview.
    After 19 days, had lost hopes and received call from same HR for onsite interviews. Onsite interviews had 4 face to face (one on one) technical interviews. I would say its more into conceptual than coding. All four of them were happy with my experience and technical skills / projects. I was told that, i would be notified soon.
    Its been more than 5 weeks and I haven't heard from them yet, not even a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Questions were easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the College Day. The welcome reception was the night before the formal interview, which gives the interviewees the opportunity to talk with their interviewers and get familiar with the company's culture.
    The formal interview includes 4 rounds. None of the 4 rounds are technical interviews, just briefly introduce the previous projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied in a college career fair, two weeks later got a phone interview, and 3 more weeks later went to Maryland to participate College day event. Four rounds interviews with four different people, and 45 minutes for each. My first interviewer was later for half an hour, and when he finally show up, he took a lot of food and start to have breakfast, asked me about n-queens puzzle. The second interviewer seems disagree about no matter what I said, he asked me about 7-layer network architecture, I said I am more familiar with 5 layer architecture, he looks like shocked and said I do not need to explain it, no one use 5 layer. The third guy prepare a paper of questions about a wide range of questions, bit manipulation, describe pointer to a person with no cs background, what to do if one of their client said their network went down. The fourth interviewer seem do not want to talk, talked a little bit about daily life and then finished.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems.

Interview

They just asked how I did some of the projects listed on my resume and some basic questions like what is a BST and its complexity, what is the OSI model, what is the difference between TCP and UDP.

Application

Interview

Applied in university job fair. Got phone interview from manager almost 20 days later. After phone interview, I had onsite interview for 4 hrs and 5 senior managers interviewed back to back. Mainly about networking, routing protocols, previous year experience and on everything written on resume. Many linked list questions
    Difference between VLAN and VPN, questions on NAT, routing protocols.

Interview Questions

• How do you Catch Loops in Two Passes   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

Was interviewed for a software engineer position. Found the company through indeed and applied to a position in San Diego. Got a call back asking if I was interested in the Maryland position and if I would like to do a phone interview. The interview went about 30 minutes and consisted mainly of background information questions followed by several technical coding questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a function to tell the size of your CPU (i.e. if it is 32 bit, 64 bit etc.) without the use of sizeof or other helpful functions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

Onsite interview was a long gauntlet style interview. Interviewed with 4 or 5 people back to back and they made a decision within a day. Not much technical stuff. Just lots of talk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty brief. They didn't have much wiggle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Got onsite interview one month after the phone interview. The coordination was so poor. There are supposed to be 5 rounds, but one of the interviewer even did't show up. HR is un-professional that won't even inform you the result after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Hughes Communications was having a college day. There were many college students. I had four interviews. Three of them were technical. I was asked to do some problems related. The first interviewer had me do a recursion problem. I was asked to validate a Mathematical expression using recursion. The second interviewer came and asked me the difference between TCP and UDP communications. The third interviewer just asked some basic questions. He didn't try to ask any technical questions. The last interviewer had me solve the Tower of Hanai problem and some other problems.

Interview Questions

• Difference between SOAP and REST   1 Answer