Hughes Network Systems Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Hughes Network Systems Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Nov 25, 2017

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

They came to my campus and then scheduled an on campus inteview . It was simply to know about the candidate. Next I was called for the Hughes college recruitment day in their office in Germantown. The on sight consisted of 4 rounds. One was simply hr, the other was on oops. Rest of the two were on resume. I'd say mostly it was on resume. Only the basic concepts were required else.

Interview Questions

• Java concepts like Singleton classes, polymorphism, override   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview technical was hard, somehow I passed and made it to the onsite interview in Maryland. I flew to DC and took a friends car to Maryland. Meet with business employees at a reception. The next morning 4 round of interviews 45 mins each.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a linked list. Psuedo code a sorting algorithm. What is TCP/IP.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Met the company during university career fair and immediately got a call back for an interview the next day. It was a brief discussion about my goals, past experience and projects. After 2 weeks I got a call for a telephonic interview with one of the managers which lasted for 30 minutes. I was asked questions pertaining to my projects in Networking and few basic networking questions like TCP/UDP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, VLAN. I then got a call for onsite interview which had 3 rounds, all technical with basic networking questions. Nothing too complex. The fourth round was an aptitude quiz.

Interview Questions

• TCP/UDP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, VLAN.
      Port numbers
      Projects
      L2, L3, L4 troubleshooting
      Satellite communications basics   Answer Question

MTS2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The process took around two weeks. It was held in Germantown, MD. It was good. I spoke to 5-6 people and it lasted for around 5 hours. I was a little tired by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Some basic networking questions like what is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6. What is the use of VLANs?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone with HR, telephone with the supervisor, in person at Hughes corporate office, with several team members over 5 hours including lunch away from campus. The process was designed to be challenging to determine how candidates handle obstacles. Hughes booked flight arriving very late at night, scheduled the first conversation early next morning. Reception did not inform HR I had arrived.

Interview Questions

• What adversity have you had to overcome professionally, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I got it through the career fair in school. After 2 weeks, I got a phone call for the college day at Germantown, MD. I had to do a couple of questions about statistic, 30s/each, around 20 questions. After that. confirmed about the college day, went in for dinner, met all of the managers, got explained about the jobs carefully. Got 3 hours for college days, interviewed 1-1 with 4 different directors/managers from different teams.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resumes, ask about what u want to do, explain the job again from their team. different betw c and java, tell whether a string is a palindrome. go over the project in school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the company representatives at my University. I was called to attend the College Day event in Germantown (really well organized event). This interview consists of 4 rounds with people from different teams within the organization. Go through your resume in-depth and be prepared to answer everything that's on your resume. Don't waste a lot of time on algo's or complex LeetCode questions. You should be strong with basic programming concepts. That's all you need!

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the Hughes when they came to our career fair followed by applying online.

A month later, I gave a telephonic interview with a manager. He asked some questions from my resume. He was not in the same department as I am so he focused mainly on HR related questions. A week later, I got a mail that they want to invite me to participate in the College Day event in Germantown, MD.

It was a two-day event. On the first day, there was a welcome reception at a restaurant where there were some hiring managers as well. We spent around two hours talking to the managers and the HR staffs and eating food.

On the second day, we went to the office for a quick breakfast followed by four interviews of 45 mins each. The interviews started at around 9 am and were over by 12 noon. There is no break in between the interviews.

Then we had lunch and it ended a lab tour before heading back home.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked me questions from my resume. He asked basic questions on the technologies I worked on. He asked me to write merge sort program.

The second interviewer was an embedded systems guy and he said he doesn't know anything on java which I was interviewing for. He asked me questions from C and C++. I could answer some and told him when I didn't know. He asked me some behavioural questions at the end.

The third interviewer had a sheet with 4 programs and a networking question. Since I was not interviewing for networking, he told I can skip the networking question. Questions: 1. Reverse a linked list. 2. Multiply two numbers without using multiplication/division operator and iterators. 3. Write any sorting algorithm. 4. Write a running average algorithm. The formula was provided. 5. Write the TCP/IP layers.

The fourth interviewer was a networking person and all he asked was behavioural questions and some questions from my resume.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

They took the resume on campus , got a call 20 days later for on site. 4 rounds of interviews each 45 mins. They asked in depth about the skills in resume

Interview Questions

• re design the old project with new technical skills?   1 Answer

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hughes Network Systems (Germantown, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Called on for an Onsite Interview. Provided Air Tickets.Had a meeting with all the heads of the organization. Provided Accomdation in Marriot. Provided Travel Charges.Four Rounds of Technical Interviews. Well organized

Interview Questions

• Covered almost every technology mentioned in the Resume. Some rounds were semi Technical and one was a fully technical for 45 min had to write Quick Sort and Linked List pseudo codes   1 Answer