Hulu Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2016

3.3

Technical Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of scenarios, in the S.T.A.R. Format. They gave me a scenario on a customer issue and how would I handle it. Definitely must be familiar with basic troubleshooting procedures, like trouble shooting a poor video stream etc etc. I would suggest viewing their FAQ on their website under troubleshooting.

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiting Website contacted me first, had me fill out a literacy test and internet speed test. Next, formal interview with recruiter and then skype interview with Hulu hiring managers the next day.

Consumer and Markets Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, who was very friendly and helpful, and then had a second phone interview with the hiring manager. During that second call, the whole thing was extremely uncomfortable, because I was asked questions that assumed I had a particular type of background, which I did not. So as excited as I was to have been given a phone interview with the hiring manager, I honestly don't think the recruiter should have passed me through to the next round. It made for a very unpleasant interview with the hiring manager, and he/she could not have sounded less interested in speaking to me. It definitely made me feel like I was wasting his/her time. I really got my hopes up about the prospect of working at Hulu, and so to have that call go so poorly was a big letdown. I think, as pleasant as the recruiter was to speak to, they may need to tighten up who they let through to speak to the hiring manager, especially if the hiring manager is going to be such a straight-shooter with the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research study you have conducted and how you synthesized data from multiple sources.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

coding challenge followed by a phone call. The recruiter was extremely cooperative and quick to response. I stayed happy throughout the entire process. The interviewer sounded very intellectual and nice. Questions asked were challenging but based on basic algorithm/data structure. The ability to optimize and meet the constraints is crucial when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• two string comparison, xml tree, hybrid data structure, number base   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. They expect you to really know a lot about the company. I was really nervous so that's probably why I didn't get it. The lady who interviewed me was nice and pleasant, and really expanded on her answers when I asked her why she chose to work at Hulu. Very informative and I appreciated the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hulu?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in Linkedin. And I did the 1st phone screen 10 days later. The next day I was told that I took the 2nd phone interview and scheduled it a week later. Didn't get the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone:

Anagram problem, merge two sorted linked list, and the last ten minutes talked about LRU.

2nd phone:

The problem was easy to understand, but I believe the solution would be really long. I didn't get it right, so failed on here.

Given a string, parse it and return a string array. It's like a tokenizer, but the rules are too...

For exmple, string="abc(edf)hij{klmn}opq[rst]uvw"

The delimitors are (), {}, []. They are in pair. So output array:

["abc", "edf", "hij", "klmn", "opq", "rst", "uvw"]

That's the rule 1. The rule 2 is, if any two consecutive "(" means escaping, that is "((" is actually output char "(". It's not part of the delimitor. Similar to ")", "{", "}", "[", "]".

abc(e))df) => ["abc", "e)df"], since the "))" outpus ")".

Rule 3: if "{" is inside a delimitor pair (), then "{" isn't part of the delimitor. Output it as is.

abc(e{df}}g) => ["abc", "e{df}}g"]

So, parse the given string and assume the given string is always valid and parsable.

I think state machine is a good direction. But I didn't finish it.
      1 Answer

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied to the post of SQA Engineer on a Sunday, and the very next day I received a mail from a recruiter. She was very professional and asked for a good time to have a generic chat regarding the company, the position and my background. I had my call with her the next day and she explained the expectations of the role and the interview process (which is 1 telephonic call and then an onsite daylong interview).

I set my telephonic interview for exactly a week later. The interviewer explained about the product I'll be working on. The questions were QA oriented, nothing much technical. You'll be grilled on your QA practical skills. Example, how would you proceed if a website is working for your friend but not you? How would you test if another team finds a bug but you cannot. The interview lasted an hour. Towards the end, he explained more about the company and the
    next steps in case I'm selected.

I thought I gave a good interview and was able to answer each question. However, after 2 days, I received a mail from the recruiter expressing gratitude for going through the interview but that I wasn't selected.

All in all, the whole process was well managed and the people were professional.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a database that has 50,000 users and their corresponding passwords   Answer Question

Content Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by another phone interview with the head of the department and two onsite peer interviews. Everyone was very polite and open about their job and the challenges for the department. I had the feeling during the peer interview that there were other candidates closer to obtaining the job than I was, most likely due to previous experience in a similar job.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge about metadata and availability information?   Answer Question

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It started with a question, something that showed that I had character, and was fun. Once I had the interview, which was actually about 3 total, I got the job. It was very fluid and professional yet fun and casual. They really want to get to know what type of person they are hiring. To Hulu, culture is everything.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had gotten an email for a phone interview. The interview had standard questions about my experience with post-production and I was told that the position would focus on videos for various commercial clients. The interviewer even said that they had seen my demo reel and really enjoyed it. She followed up by stating that one of the lead editors would call me the following week with more questions. It all seemed to be going great until I didn't hear back from them. Upon following up, she stated that they had found a better fit.