Hulu Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

It is a phone interview. I finished online challenge before, which is not hard. The phone interview took around 1 hr. The interviewer asked my internship and projects first. Then he give send me a link to code. He is not very helpful and just wait there for your answer. I spent too much time on first question but solved it in the end. For second question I just tell him which kind of data structure I'm gonna use. Got onsite invitation later.

Interview Questions

• Online chanllenge: print organization graph based on given relationship
      Phone: Build a XML tree from a tokenizer(iterator). design a LRU cache. merge two linked list.   Answer Question

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process began with a phone screening conducted by Hulu recruiting. The recruiter was well organized and professional, and he reviewed my work history. This led to a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked behavioral and situational questions. The interview process took about a week. I did not receive an offer, but my experience was a very positive one.

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was via skype. Typical questions but with a millennial feel to it. They want to see that you're a good fit. Just seem happy and competent and you should get the gig.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hulu   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying, there was a phone interview. Then I had in-person interview with multiple people. I was asked to come in for another interview with who I would be assisting. This was with the EVP of the department.

Technical Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of scenarios, in the S.T.A.R. Format. They gave me a scenario on a customer issue and how would I handle it. Definitely must be familiar with basic troubleshooting procedures, like trouble shooting a poor video stream etc etc. I would suggest viewing their FAQ on their website under troubleshooting.

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiting Website contacted me first, had me fill out a literacy test and internet speed test. Next, formal interview with recruiter and then skype interview with Hulu hiring managers the next day.

Consumer and Markets Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I first spoke with a recruiter, who was very friendly and helpful, and then had a second phone interview with the hiring manager. During that second call, the whole thing was extremely uncomfortable, because I was asked questions that assumed I had a particular type of background, which I did not. So as excited as I was to have been given a phone interview with the hiring manager, I honestly don't think the recruiter should have passed me through to the next round. It made for a very unpleasant interview with the hiring manager, and he/she could not have sounded less interested in speaking to me. It definitely made me feel like I was wasting his/her time. I really got my hopes up about the prospect of working at Hulu, and so to have that call go so poorly was a big letdown. I think, as pleasant as the recruiter was to speak to, they may need to tighten up who they let through to speak to the hiring manager, especially if the hiring manager is going to be such a straight-shooter with the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research study you have conducted and how you synthesized data from multiple sources.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

coding challenge followed by a phone call. The recruiter was extremely cooperative and quick to response. I stayed happy throughout the entire process. The interviewer sounded very intellectual and nice. Questions asked were challenging but based on basic algorithm/data structure. The ability to optimize and meet the constraints is crucial when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• two string comparison, xml tree, hybrid data structure, number base   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. They expect you to really know a lot about the company. I was really nervous so that's probably why I didn't get it. The lady who interviewed me was nice and pleasant, and really expanded on her answers when I asked her why she chose to work at Hulu. Very informative and I appreciated the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hulu?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hulu (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in Linkedin. And I did the 1st phone screen 10 days later. The next day I was told that I took the 2nd phone interview and scheduled it a week later. Didn't get the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• 1st phone:

Anagram problem, merge two sorted linked list, and the last ten minutes talked about LRU.

2nd phone:

The problem was easy to understand, but I believe the solution would be really long. I didn't get it right, so failed on here.

Given a string, parse it and return a string array. It's like a tokenizer, but the rules are too...

For exmple, string="abc(edf)hij{klmn}opq[rst]uvw"

The delimitors are (), {}, []. They are in pair. So output array:

["abc", "edf", "hij", "klmn", "opq", "rst", "uvw"]

That's the rule 1. The rule 2 is, if any two consecutive "(" means escaping, that is "((" is actually output char "(". It's not part of the delimitor. Similar to ")", "{", "}", "[", "]".

abc(e))df) => ["abc", "e)df"], since the "))" outpus ")".

Rule 3: if "{" is inside a delimitor pair (), then "{" isn't part of the delimitor. Output it as is.

abc(e{df}}g) => ["abc", "e{df}}g"]

So, parse the given string and assume the given string is always valid and parsable.

I think state machine is a good direction. But I didn't finish it.   1 Answer