Human Rights Campaign Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human Rights Campaign Manager Interview Questions

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later in an initial phone screen from the hiring manager with no advance warning. After the screen, an in-person interview occurred two weeks later with four people in the department over the course of several hours.

I was brought back a month and a half later for another in-person interview with two different people in the department, and also took a skills test. A month after that, I received a phone call from human resources saying that they were going to look for other candidates.

Two months after that, the hiring manager called me again and asked if I was still interested in the position. I went in several days later for another in-person interview, this time with three people from the department. At the end of the interview process, they offered me the position and expected me to accept immediately without negotiating or asking HR questions, and only offered me 24 hours to make a decision after I requested additional time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for the HRC?
    Why do you want to leave your current job?
    What do you see as the biggest impediment for us hiring you, and for you joining us?
    What is the strongest ability that you would bring to this job, and what would be your greatest area of weakness?
    Tell me about a time that you had a difficult experience working with someone, and how it was resolved.
    What did your most recent employee review say about you?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Human Rights Campaign

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Human Rights Campaign (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

After not responding to an application for another (lower) position, I received a call to interview for the position of Manager. The atmosphere was pleasant and interviewers amicable. The questions were versions of the standards but tweaked to convey the requisite passion involved in working for a civil rights organization. Be professional but affable.

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent situation in which you had to explain complex concepts to people?   Answer Question