Humana Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Humana Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I first interviewed on campus, then was called for an on site interview at the Louisville office. The whole day consisted of two one-on-one interviews and a few networking events.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with excel?   Answer Question
  • Explain a complex concept to someone who has no background or knowledge in the material.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you worked in a team environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on a college campus by a recruiter. About ten days later, I was contacted for a second round interview which was on-site at the headquarters. About twenty days later, I was called on the phone and offered an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• Leadership skills and involvement on campus. Relevant projects to the actuarial job.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Just after graduation and they had a few spots open. Flew me out to Louisville with several other candidates. All day interview, met with potential coworkers as well as managers.

Interview Questions

• As a follow up to a question on level of excel comfort: list the excel functions you know off the top of your head.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in November 2014.

Interview

Process took about a month. Had my first interview on campus second in Louisville office. Overall, fairly easy interview. It was almost all behavioral questions. Such as tell me a time when... The office interview was all morning. Had two interviews with two people interviewing me each time. Then other activities, lunch, and a tour around Louisville filled up the rest of the day.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very organized interview process. Had very professional and helpful phone interview. Two weeks later had in person interview and was comped for gas mileage. Recieved an offer a week after.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online through Humana's website and was contacted for a phone interview about one week later. Phone interview was with a local recruiter, it consisted of a few general behavioral questions and some questions about my resume. Was invited to interview in Louisville a couple weeks later along with about 20 other people. The on-site interview consisted of two rounds of interviews with two actuaries each. Questions were pre-determined and they recorded my responses. Interview day also consisted of a couple of networking sessions, informational session, and a bus tour of the city. The whole process was very organized and professional; I was reimbursed for food, airport parking, and gas to the airport.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made multiple conflicting commitments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was reasonable and included moving expenses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview was an on campus interview, then a there was a 2nd phone interview and a 3rd interview at Louisville that took a couple days. There was 2 rounds of interviews with different actuaries and a tour around the Humana building and Louisville.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation that was caused by you and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Westchester, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Two phone interviews, one from HR and the other with hiring manager. And then I was brought to Westchester office for the final on-site interview, including a lunch with future colleagues and talking with four actuarial associates in the afternoon. All rounds of interviews were consisted of behavior questions. You are able to search online, such as problem solving, communication, cooperation, time management, learning ability, etc. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you had to negotiate to change expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Waukesha, WI) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with my would be co workers - They gave me the opportunity to ask questions and the environment was comfortable for me to answer their questions with great ease and comfort. They let me talk and they showed great interest in my conversion with them.

Interview Questions

• How often do you use excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone screen led to an on-site at the corporate HQ. Interview was pretty straight-forward, mostly personality questions. They apparently interviewed a lot of people for only a few slots the day I was there.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found a better way to solve a problem that went against what your supervisor's desired method was?   1 Answer