Humana Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Humana Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied January 06, 3 days later I received an invitation for a pre-recorded phone interview. The recruiter contacted me the very next day to review my answers. She called me 3 days after to set up an in person interview, that lasted about 30 minutes and it was behavioral based questions. I received an offer 1 week after my in person interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you were most proud of your job and least proud   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Humana in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews and was a very smooth process. Within a few days I got an email for The first Interview, which was a pre recorded montage voice, in which the recording ask you about 5 questions and gives you a few seconds before you answer. Next was phone interview with recruiter followed by two web cam interviews with the managers. Each interview was within about a week of one another and a very smooth process. The reciter was extremely helpful and let me
    Know each and every step and time frames. The interviews where very comfortable and Humana was very open.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have which is relevant to this role?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and HR reached out after a week for a montage voice phone interview. It was easy to navigate. There will be time to think about the answer before recording. Questions are behavioral questions and standard screening questions like work eligibility and salary expectation. Then I was invited for an on-site interview with the hiring manager and the team. Interview questions are mainly about the resume and why the candidate is a fit. Be prepared to answer questions related to the job description as well. No job offer after several weeks' waiting. I guess that's the end of it. I am very positive about the whole interview experience because 1. HR follows up in a timely manner and 2. interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background/experience and the job requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

This interview process was different because it was not through the HR department. This process actually worked better because I spoke directly to the hiring manager and was able to get more direct information.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current role.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Humana in December 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to do an automated phone interview, then I was contacted by the recruiter again a day or two later and asked to come for an in person interview. I had two hour long interviews with different groups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do negotiate, this was my first "adult" job and I didn't even know that I could/should.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana in September 2015.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. The first interview is a phone interview - must meet the requirements on the job posting to continue. The second interview was in person, they were very nice and laid back. This helped me be at ease and answer their questions fully. The wait for each step was about a 1 week in between.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Starts off with submitting your resume to HR. Next step is a phone interview with a recuiter, if that all goes well a face to face interview is schudled with the Hiring manager and at least one other person from the team. They will then tell you that they want to wrap things up in the next couple of days, and then you end up waiting 2 or 3 weeks because for whatever reason there is always, always a delay with HR. This is the worst part about all of it, lots and lots of waiting for HR to do whatever it is they do.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions we difficult or unexpected. They ask for examples to real world situations. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

I applied for my entry level position in March and was contacted about two weeks later via email requesting to set up a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter wanted to know my experience with Microsoft products and education. At the end of the phone interview that recruiter set up an in person interview for the following week. I went to the in person interview where I was met by two people. One took notes while the other questioned. The interviewing manager was very transparent and I knew that he was interested in hiring me without me having to ask. About one to two weeks later I received an offer from the recruiter pending my drug test results.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with management. How did you approach this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Humana offers are usually strong offers. I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

HR has a strict process overseeing how managers hire people in. When a manager posts an opening, HR publishes it on the website and tries to interpret what the manager is looking for. Once HR has some applications they will put together a list of a select few applicants and will forward their resumes to the manager. Note here that HR acts as a gatekeeper at this step and a hiring manager will never see your resume if you have a bad HR screener.

If a manager likes your resume, they will ask for a phone screen, which is pretty easy to get through. **Try to get the names of all the managers and departments whose jobs you're applying to** Next, you'll have a phone interview with the hiring manager, and you should be well prepared for this one. Drop the names of all the departments, managers, and job titles you're applying too. This will give the hiring manager a good idea of the position/type of work you're looking for; they will likely know the people and positions you're talking about.

If you receive an offer from several teams/departments, they'll ask you which one you want to work with. After that, the departments will haggle with each other and you'll receive an offer from one of them. You won't necessarily be offered the position you chose.

All of this will all happen fast. Each step of the process will likely be separated by a period of only a few days. Expect an offer within days of interview. If you don't get an offer, then try to capitalize on the knowledge you've gained of the organizational structure and recognize that it's a big organization with lots of other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Each hiring manager is going to be a little different, but HR dictates a lot of the hiring processes. You should expect fairly standard questions, try to give a non-standard response (obviously).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level analyst. No negotiation. Expect ~ $50k. Consultant level encompasses a wider range of talent is more reasonable to negotiate. A reasonable Consultant salary is ~$60k. They will put a lot of weight on the expected salary you put on your resume. Don't even bother asking for $100k unless you're at a Director or "Strategic Consultant" level.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Humana in January 2012.

Interview

rejected by HR but got the interview through a friend. phone interview with recruiter. in-person group interview (five people) then an individual interview with my manager. had to wait a long time to hear back. HR called to say I was going to get an offer. offer came weeks later. very long process.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle working with difficult people?   1 Answer