Humana Customer Care Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process was great .I interview with two mangers and another candidate .Application 6/23Phone interview 6/30Face to face 7/12Offer 7/17Start date 8/7. I can't wait to start the new job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on website. Got a call back over a month later. Interview was about a hour. Interviewer kind of wasnt paying attention. The interview had a ton of questions. Every thing he asked in interview happened on the floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Received email about 4 days after I applied to take montage phone interview. 3 days later got another email to go in person Interview and it was harder than I thought. It was a pesonality Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you has to overcome a dificult situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on 9/08/16
    Montage Phone interview 9/14
    F2F 9/28
    Offer Letter 9/29
    Drug Test 10/01
    Start Date 10/17
    The interview was very laid back, the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and welcomed. It's kind of like a competition, because there's another interviewee in the room at the same time. So bring your A game. Star Format questions. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked "Why should we hire you, and Why Humana?" Then walks out and gives about 5 minutes for you and the other person to answer. Comes back in the room and then you give your answers separately. After that my interviewer placed me in another room where there were other interviewees that made it past the 1st interview. Now we were waiting to be interviewed by the one who would be our manager if hired. She was very personable, and open, very knowledgable about Humana and answered my questions, and concerns. Best word of advice is to be Yourself, let your personality shine, don't be shy because 1st impressions are EVERYTHING!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a bad leader, what made it hard to work with them, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the customer service position June 13 and received an email inviting me to do the voice montage a few days later. I completed the montage and within a couple of days a recruiter contacted me and invited me to do an interview via conference call with two supervisors. The interview was about a week later. Interview went good. I was asked a lot of questions and I answered them as honestly as possible. I was told they would contact me in a few days with decision. About a week later the recruiter called me and offered the job. The pay was actually more than I had anticipated and I accepted the position. She emailed me a formal job offer with information I needed to complete on the Humana website. I completed all information. I was then sent to do a drug test. I start work Sept 6. I will go through four weeks of training. The biggest advantage to me is I get to work from home. The worst part is having to wait until September 6 to actually start work.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, received an email immediately to do an automated phone interview, the recruiter called within the next 2 days to schedule a face-to-face interview for the following week. Went to the job interview only to find out they interviewed at least 10 people before me and it was 11am. Understanding that the job had such high volume went in with high hopes knowing I had the skills and experience to complete the job required, however during the panel interview the guy constantly rolled his eyes at every question I answered. I knew he wasn't impressed and that I was wasting his time by the way he presented himself, the lady on the other hand was nice and actually responded my answers. They sent me an email a week later saying they weren't interested in pursuing it further.

Interview Questions

• You're a small fish in a big pond, why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana in June 2016.

Interview

Applied for the postion back in May 2016. Immediately set up phone interview for the following day. PI was basically asking questions pertaining and verifying my Resume. 4 weeks later recieved my F2F email comfirmation about the postions. (Had to choose from 2 of the days that were given) 1st interview was with a supervisor and then he gave me the 2nd interview his manager. Did not recieve on the spot offer but mangaer did inform me that the recuriter would reach out to me with further information. I did really good in my interview so was surprise i didnt not get right away. Next day the recruiter email me that she was working on my offer letter and that she would be contacting me soon.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What skills and qualifications do you have to contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My offer was acceptable, made no negotiations.

I would advise anyone to be attentive, ask questions to seem interested in the position. Prepare resume and research company prior before interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Green Bay, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was called a Montage voice and it was a recorded session of questions and then responses. The company had a separate helpful tips area where I could watch some videos before my interview. The actual interview was scheduled on my own time and took about 15-20 minutes of my time. Then at the end it stated that a recruited would contact me.

Interview Questions

• The first question was asking me to introduce myself and then to explain why my background matched the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was different from anything I've experienced in the past . I interviewed with 2 supervisors and another candidate . We took turns answering the STAR questions . The usual tell me bout a time you had to deal with a angry customer or work with a difficult person type questions . Interview lasted almost close to 2 hours . HR told you by the time you left if you were offered the position .

Interview Questions

• Tell me something you brought to the table to make the work load easier   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and in less than an hour I got an email to schedule a phone interview so I did. I received a call from the recruiter, asked pretty much everything I put on the application and asked about my resume, she told me that I should hear back within 24-48 hours. I received a call from the recruiter in 48 hours to schedule an in person interview. I was sent a confirmation letter afterwards. I went to my interview a week later, I had to sign in and was given a paper to sign, confirming the appraisal period. I had the interview and it went great and had high hopes of getting the job but I was sadly mistaken. I drove an hour and a half to this interview only to be rejected.