Humana Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was quick and very great experience! The manager was really friendly and welcoming. He was very prompt and asked great questions. HR was very quick and prompt with the decision they made in regards to the offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I thought about of my strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Extensive as they did the psychology quiz..(how did you Handle this situation, what would do in this situation, what was the worst work situation you ever faced and how did you handle it. You will.also take a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Humana (Green Bay, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

2 person panel of upper management you will be working with.
    Behavioral questions, pretty easy if you know how to fake it.
    Standard AU drug test, customer service jobs pay at 16.00 an hour.
    Waited with 4 other people interviewing at the same time, just in different rooms and panels.
    They walked us in a long train through human until we reached the interview rooms.

Interview Questions

• Achievement in your life you were proud of?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana in January 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview but since it was so late and they were running behind, they split the groups up which worked out for me. When we got into the interview area, there was no pressure. It was like we were having a conversation but remember to speak clearly and make eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How do you incorporate wellness into your everyday life?
      Name a time where you provided exceptional service.   Answer Question
    • I was asked general questions. Seemed like the googled "interview questions" and added their own spin but most jobs do that anyway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Humana (Irving, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

they were 40 mins late with my interview and lied about the pay rate because someone I know makes more than me but I was told that my pay rate was the max and she started after me

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you resolve their issue   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Irving, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

You meet with two hiring managers in a room.. With two other candidates and take turns answering questions. It's pretty easy and calming when other people are interviewing with you.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL).

Interview

On the spot interviews. First you meet with two supervisors who will ask scenerio based questions. And other customer service related questions and prior job experience. Then if you passed that portion you will meet with two managers and they will look intimidating but the question can be very informal.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you went above and beyond your job expectations. Give the action first, result then the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not capable of negotiating a salary but during the recruiting process I was asked what was my salary requirements. Customer service can range from 30-39k depending on what you say you expect. But, remember if you start off too high you may not get a pay increase for other years to come.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. I was asked several questions about how I would handle stressful situations, and deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions where when they asked me to tell them about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Immediately following my interview I was given my offer by HE.

Anonymous Employee in Eden Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana (Eden Park, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I got a phone interview first it was about 30 mins long, I had studied the company and also prepared myself with interview questions.. After I finished that he offered me a face to face interview, I was interviewed by 2 people they made me feel very at ease. They asked the usual questions, after that they then had me too speak to the manager of customer service, and then I was offered the position I am very excited.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was handled on the phone by a representative from Career Builder.com. Basic interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary and no real difficult questions. They were very focused on insuring that I knew I was interviewing for an evening shift position and that there could be NO TIME OFF from the point of the first day of training until busy season was over. Second interview was in-house, panel type interview with two interviewers from the department--a manager and senior level associate who had done the same position for which I was interviewing. You were interviewing at the same time as the other potential hires, so five in the room. They had approximately 6 questions and asked each person all the same questions. i.e, they started with question 1 and asked applicant a, then b, then c. Then question 2, asked applicant b, c, then a, etc. They were all behaviorial interview questions geared toward handing customer situations...ie, irate customers, going above and beyond, problem solving etc. After they finished the questions, they asked us to think about the question "why should I hire you" and then they stepped out of the room. Upon return, they separated the applicants and then met with each individually to get the answer to the final question. They reminded you that as an applicant, you would hear from them within 72 hours about where or not they were interested, but would I mind meeting with someone from HR if I had a few minutes. And then I received the job offer and start date.

Interview Questions

• Actually, none were unexpected. If you just do searches on behavior interview questions geared toward customer service, you can find them out there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. This is a short-term job for me and I was fine with the offer--not a career but a fill in situation until I move out of town. However, I do know that the pay rates for the job are different based on your education level and experience. They do not start everyone at the same rate of pay even though you are all going to be doing the same job. I happen to be sitting at lunch with a couple of the "younger" new hires in the class -- who really don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about your pay rate among your peers--just in case someone is sitting there making less than you....anyway, I was making an hourly rate that was 20% higher than they were making.