Humana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana (Hollywood, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy, about one full hour of back to back questions with a panel from the department. Questions were asked from every single person in the room.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job for this position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and was sent an email within a week to schedule an over the phone interview. Phone interview was basically a review of my resume. Was then told I would be contacted within 1-2 days if they were going to set up a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had an upset customer?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was e-mailed about Montage Telephone Interview with an automated system, was then e-mailed about Montage Video interview (with panel). 1.5 weeks later I e-mailed recruiter who had never actually sent me a personalized e-mail or spoke to me on the phone and she never responded directly. Rather, I received a rejection e-mail.

Overall, my experience was quite negative as the whole process was impersonal and not inclusive. There was no diversity in the organization and everyone was a white male. The questions they asked seemed to follow on that same theme.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. My phone interview was rescheduled by the employer, then she missed the appointment altogether and did not call. They ignored my email letting them know they missed their call-in time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - the interviewer totally ghosted the phone interview appointment. I did get some questions in an email before the ill-fated interview was scheduled, though:
      Do you have experience working with the senior population?
      Can you share your experience in dealing with ambiguity and being flexible in a changing environment?
      What is rewarding about your current role and Why are looking for a new position?
      What is your current salary and what would you be looking for to make a move?
      Are you Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access?

Please share your experience in presenting information to a group of people.
      Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Richmond, VA).

Interview

They first part of the interview is a recorded phone interview process-- very informal. You call in, and it's 8-10 pre recorded questions. The automated system asks you question, you have a brief pause, and then you will hear a "beep". Then you are able to respond with your answer and hit # sign when you are finished. This proved very challenging as you were unable to re record your answer. I was offered to proceed to the next step (face-to-face) but after giving them my available dates/times for interview, they sent me an email a week later saying the funds were not there anymore for this position. Just really seemed like a drawn-out process and very informal.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humana (Glendale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an in person interview, set for same week. It was a very quick process, and got an interview set up for just a few days out.

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied for this role at Humana (Columbus, OH) and was called for a face-to-face interview. The interview lasted for an hour. Most of the questions were behavioral and situational questions. Questions were asked about my previous roles and how I handled data. At the end of the interview, I was informed that I was the first candidate to be interviewed for the role and it was a role which was created due to more work available and not because someone had left. They informed me that they will let me know the outcome surely, it might take a month or a week, they themselves weren't sure. At the end of the interview, be sure to ask some questions yourself. This shows you are interested in the role and company. At this point of time, I thought I did the interview very well and was expecting a positive response.

After 10 days, I sent a follow-up email but they told me that they are still in the interview process. I emailed again a month later, no response. By now I've understood they have moved on. 6 weeks after the interview, I got a standard letter from HR about them moving on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe your role?
      How large a data do you deal with?
      If there are problems with data, how do you address the problems?
      How do you deal with missing data?
      Did the data ever provide you with insights that you weren't expecting?
      Answer Question

ITPM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in February 2017.

Interview

Automated recording questionnaire (impersonal) used for interview. Questions presented and brief 2 second pauses for response times with no replay options. Absolutely no follow-up and when I sent an email inquiry seeking an update I received an email informing me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

College Recruitment Interview. Met with a recruiter, very nice, about a 45 minute interview. Included a review of the company and Louisville, KY. Then asked a few questions talked about my experience. We then talked about various aspects of the company, the internship, living expenses, etc.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have with Medicaid?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Humana (Overland Park, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! Let's just say this, I was contacted by an individual through email and had to answer some basic pre-screening questions. Then I was set up for a phone interview, which they claimed they had to get these interviews conducted by a certain date. Not only was the initial time/day rescheduled but it was rescheduled to 6:30 in the evening on another day. I waited and waited and waited on a phone call, no call. Finally at around 6:50, I emailed the original person that set up the phone interview to let them know that I was never called. I was never given the actual contact information of the person conducting the interview but instead, I had to leave them with a number that I could be reached at. The original person who reached out to me re-confirmed my evening phone interview earlier that day through a calendar invite, which I accepted. The following morning, I received an apology email stating that the person that was supposed to conduct the interview was sick the night of the interview but said the interview will still go on and wanted to know if anyone ever reached out. I replied letting them know that it was not a problem and that no one ever called, if we can reschedule the phone interview, please let me know. I was told that someone would get back with me after they figure out what is going on. Instead of the original person who reached out getting back with me on another time/date, I received an email stating that I have not been selected but instead they moved on with other candidates. Between the no call from the person that was supposed to conduct the phone interview and never hearing back from the one individual after being told they would get back in contact with me, I saw this as a HUGE red flag. I guess I dodged a bullet with this company! Thank God things went south at the very beginning!

Interview Questions

• " What kinds of administrative responsibilities have you held?"   Answer Question