Humana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

662 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Certified Medical Coder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

The HR department responded via email with a questionnaire after I applied via website for the position. I was again notified by email from the supervisor for an interview. The interview was a type of Skype interview. I don't remember the name of the program. Anyway, I signed on for the interview and the supervisor signed on. I than proceeded to wait for it to begin and nothing happened. I finally said hello is anyone there and she responded. She did not introduce herself and was pretty quiet. I felt like I was doing the interview and asked questioned and basically talked about my qualifications to try to sell myself. It was not a good experience. After it was completed I kind of felt like she was just filling a square conducting the interview. It was bizarre. The position was taken off the internet but about two weeks later the advertisement was put back up. I contacted the HR department to find out when it would close and she basically said it was open and did not give any other information on the statue of the position. When I had asked the question how long it would take to find out about the position it she had stated a week and a half but she wasn't in a hurry to fill the position? I am assuming I did not get the position because it has been a month and a half. If this is the way things are run at Humana I don't think I would apply for another position.

Customer Service Representative - Humana Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

Went well and looking to get rehired first interview is phone interview then the followup is done in office and is a panel styled interview with 3 front line leaders

Interview Questions

• If I am willing to work 20 plus hours overtime during peak season   2 Answers

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Initial phone interview allows you to record answers at your leisure. Follow up interview once you are selected is in person, usually with 1 or more members of leadership who take turns asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to overcome a customer'service objections, how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Talked to call screener who sounded like he was just going through the motions, wasn't technical, etc. Wanted me to tell him how he should present me to the hiring group.

Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in August 2017.

Interview

I was selected as a first round interview candidate. The phone interview lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. The representative did have a strong accident and I had to listen very closely so I could catch everything she said. She asked some basic questions such as job history, experience, etc. Followed by some information about the job and if I could meet certain expectations such as internet speed and hours of work etc. Finally, she ended the interview by stating that if I was chosen for the second round of interviews, that I would receive an email. But then she asked me what date would work best for scheduling the second round interview. The next day I received an email stating I had been selected for a second round interview and instruction how to select a time that worked best. The final interview was via webcam. It was easy to access and a nicer format than I had anticipated. I had two sitting in on my interview and it lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic resume questions; how does my experience qualify me, am I used to speaking on the phone for long periods,   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to collaborate with a group of people and how did it turn out   Answer Question
    • Name a time you influenced someones health in a positive way.   Answer Question
    • How do you rethink routine?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a problem and how did you work solve it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time something you cared about or put a lot of work into and if it failed what did you do?   Answer Question

Team Lead/Utilization Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (South Florida, FL).

Interview

Two interviewer, go prepared and dressed professionally. They will ask you about your personal and professional goals. They are very nice and easy to talk too. Take the time to know the industry and difference between certain products and healthplans.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between Per Diem Rate and DRG ?   1 Answer

Enrollment Limited Term Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with 2 other candidates. We all had the opportunity to build rapport before the actual interview, so that made it a little easier and less nerve wracking.

We had 3 leaders on the panel - one asked the questions, one took notes on our answers, and the other mainly listened in to ask follow up questions and to make sure we were answering the moderator's questions in full.

We each took turns answering the same questions, alternating each time to answer first.

After the panel interview, they brought each of us in for an individual interview, which consisted of listening to a customer call and then telling them exactly how I would handle the situation. Just be ready to get into customer service mode and ask questions that crack the code on what the customer really wants.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you put yourself into an uncomfortable situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician - Item Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Irving, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

A phone screen is required before the actual interview. I interviewed face to face with 3 people, it was a pleasant and well organized interview. Please be prepared to stay for an hour or more as there is a short test on sigs, day supply, brand/generic...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online July 31
    Invited to have a phone interview via email Aug 1
    Phone interview Aug 9
    Face to Face Aug 17
    *Note: Interview was with one Interviewer who was surprisingly really relaxed. After interview was completed I was asked to sit with another friendly Interviewer who just wanted to get to know me and see if she could answer any questions I may have had about the company)
    Received call around 9pm of Aug 17th and accepted offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to work as a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you assisted a customer and needed to toggle between Windows to find information?   Answer Question
    • Out of the positions you've worked (in regards to my resume) which one did you feel the most satisfied and why?   Answer Question

HEALTH CARE FINDER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

I Applied, Then 1 month later, First phone interview, speaking to someone and they typed everything I said. Second interview a week later, with two people over the phone.