Humana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Humana Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in June 2017.

Interview

This was my second time interviewing for the same position in the past 2 years. Both times the interview was face-to-face with two interviewers online through Montage, which was convenient because it can be done from home, however the times available were inconvenient (available only during business hours-not necessarily a problem, but they tell you to allow for an hour for the interview and to login 15 minutes before). I practiced beforehand and was as prepared as possible, but the questions were super specific and consisted of 2-3 parts each! The interviewers interrupted each other and apologized prior to the beginning of the interview by informing me that they had been interviewing all day and were "tired". They seemed very bored with my answers and I gave up halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to do something beyond your regular job duties: what was it, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?
      **This was one of the easiest ones.   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

You fill out the application, then you have a phone interview, someone will call to explain the job description and send you a Link to set up your in person interview

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humana in March 2017.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. My phone interview was rescheduled by the employer, then she missed the appointment altogether and did not call. They ignored my email letting them know they missed their call-in time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - the interviewer totally ghosted the phone interview appointment. I did get some questions in an email before the ill-fated interview was scheduled, though:
      Do you have experience working with the senior population?
      Can you share your experience in dealing with ambiguity and being flexible in a changing environment?
      What is rewarding about your current role and Why are looking for a new position?
      What is your current salary and what would you be looking for to make a move?
      Are you Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs, e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access?

Please share your experience in presenting information to a group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in July 2013.

Interview

Long, inefficient and convoluted. You throw your name into the hat using their recruiting software (Taleo) and you may or may not hear anything once you have applied for the position. The interview questions are much harder than what is necessary to be successful in the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deliver bad news to a coworker. Name the bad news, how did you deliver it to your coworker, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on 9/08/16
    Montage Phone interview 9/14
    F2F 9/28
    Offer Letter 9/29
    Drug Test 10/01
    Start Date 10/17
    The interview was very laid back, the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and welcomed. It's kind of like a competition, because there's another interviewee in the room at the same time. So bring your A game. Star Format questions. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked "Why should we hire you, and Why Humana?" Then walks out and gives about 5 minutes for you and the other person to answer. Comes back in the room and then you give your answers separately. After that my interviewer placed me in another room where there were other interviewees that made it past the 1st interview. Now we were waiting to be interviewed by the one who would be our manager if hired. She was very personable, and open, very knowledgable about Humana and answered my questions, and concerns. Best word of advice is to be Yourself, let your personality shine, don't be shy because 1st impressions are EVERYTHING!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a bad leader, what made it hard to work with them, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Covington, KY) in September 2011.

Interview

outside interviewer was asked if i had previous experience and what would i do if i had a different supervisory would i do if i saw someone stealing.would i be able to work on weekends. and if i had a problem working holidays. i had a two person interview, where both people asked questions.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to convince someone of somethoong   1 Answer

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

“Humana cares about well-being -- both for their employees and their customers. The compensation at Humana is competitive for the area. Humana has a great 401(k) package…” Interview process was very informative. Was a little lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to quickly build a report with a customer.   2 Answers

Telesales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous however it was very organized. There was a phone interview and an in-person interview. It took at least a month before I heard anything from the recruiter about the second interview. The second interview was with two Front Line Leaders.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana in October 2013.

Interview

Extremely slow. If you do not have specific experience in an area you are general not considered.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of your current leaders managment style?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

It's a behavioral interview. Be prepared with specific examples of your work, and be prepared to give specific examples of how your work contributed to the bottom line.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't particularly difficult. The interviewers are. Be prepared to get no indication of how you may have done on your interview until you hear back from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional $5000 in salary by emphasizing my experience. They don't want to negotiate unless you're in a position where they need your skills. Otherwise, it's as if they're doing you a favor by making the offer. Also, know that if you refuse the offer, you'll be ineligible for being considered for hire again.