Humana Learning Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humana (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Montage interview then over the phone interview then in person if necessary I have nothing else to say about the process it was very long and lots of waiting. I would not want to do it again.

Interview Questions

• What was your mist difficult situation   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 groups of people/individuals which took around 3.5 hours. Didn't share a schedule for the interview. Behavioral questions took some thought but not difficult. Position reported to an associate actuarial, not a learning manager, which gave me pause! One of the interviewers (in the learning and development field) found it appropriate to be condescending while showing her ignorance. For example, one question she asked was "Have you heard of ADDIE? A-D-D-I-E?" That is a ridiculous question to ask of an instructional designer, and to spell it out is inexcusably snotty. I have had two interviews with this company and both included this individual. At the first interview, she didn't realize there was a difference between teaching and training and asked me to explain my remark on the topic. If my inability to work with an individual like that showed, all I can say is "Dodged a bullet there."

Interview Questions

• What is the one accomplishment of which you are most proud?   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Humana in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process for me was a couple of interviews. The process takes time because of the background check, drug screen, employment and degree verification. They definitely are looking for top notch people and take the time to find the right people vs. throwing any warm body into a chair.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have any difficult or unexpected questions. I did have to take a very brief coding test to ensure I did know coding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Humana's hiring process is long and arduous. There are multiple phone interviews, spaced several weeks apart. There is very little communication from the HR department.

Interview Questions

• What did you find least desirable in your last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in July 2011.

Interview

Behavioral, situational interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a team to achieve objectives.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

Impromptu phone interview/screening with the talent acquisition rep. I was asked several questions on the spot, which I had not prepared for because this was my initial contact with the company. When the talent acquisition rep called, I assumed the call would be to set up the interview, not to do the actual interview on the spot.

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

It's a behavioral interview. Be prepared with specific examples of your work, and be prepared to give specific examples of how your work contributed to the bottom line.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't particularly difficult. The interviewers are. Be prepared to get no indication of how you may have done on your interview until you hear back from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional $5000 in salary by emphasizing my experience. They don't want to negotiate unless you're in a position where they need your skills. Otherwise, it's as if they're doing you a favor by making the offer. Also, know that if you refuse the offer, you'll be ineligible for being considered for hire again.