Humana Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Long but its due to the hiring manager and level applied for. If the person is busy you'll wait a bit.
I started with screen with recruiter but that was easy and just informational. The fun started with multiple behavioral interviews including a panel of Directors in my case.
People I met with were terrific though. Be thorough and don't lie they are smart.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Humana

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana in November 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring manager over 10 years ago, and verbally offered position. Very casual interview as this was for part of the sales organization. Was introduced via someone in my network which I believe had a huge impact.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY) in November 2012.

Interview

HR called for phone screen. I was then invited to meet with department Director for a one-on-one interview. Several days later, I was told that I was one of 3 finalist and I was invited back to interview with the area Vice Presidents.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience as it relates to the job that I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made a offer that was reasonably but I asked for 10% more and got it.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Humana in October 2011.

Interview

- Very professional interaction; the HR screening process was efficient and thorough. Was contacted within a few days to set up a face to face interview with the hiring VP. That interview was smooth as well, but I never heard anything after that. I contacted the HR rep for follow up but never received a response.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Humana in April 2011.

Interview

Initial contact was 2 months after applying on line. HR was outsourced out of Florida. Initial phone interview was disorganized and rep had to return my call to answer questions on first phone call. In person interview was set up 2 weeks later. Once interviewed was complete (very no confrontrational and I led interview) I was contacted a week later and offer was made. I negotiated salary up as Humana is notorius of not giving merit increases from networking with existing employees. Overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate up.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humana in May 2010.

Interview

Initial phone call from senior leader, followed by a series of one-on-one interview

Interview Questions

• What does strategic leadership mean to you, and how have you succeeded and failed in its practice?   Answer Question