Humber College Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2016

3.1

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview at the beginning. It was actually an info session and the employer explained what we would do and how it was like at job. Some previous co-ops shared their experience with us and it sounded wonderful. Actually it was the info session that convinced me to take this job, as I wasn't interested in tutoring jobs before. The individual interview took half an hour, and I was asked to pick a question on a paper. I picked the one I was familiar with, but unfortunately I got it wrong. I found it out and asked whether I could do it again, and the employer was pleasant that I got it right at the second time. I believed that I screwed up the interview, but I got the offer, which is weird...

Interview Questions

• What if you cannot solve the question students ask?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward and pleasant with a technical test. I sat down with the Help Desk manager who discussed the role and my past experience. There was a written technical test which I believed I passed. The manager contacted the recruiter and told them that I wasn't chosen for the position. 36 hours later they called back and offered me the position. This made me think that both employer and recruiter were disorganized. I almost didn't accept the position or would have asked for more money but only agreed for pocket money for the Christmas season. While going through the training process I noted a smugness and arrogance of the Manager followed by complete disorganisation when the average amount of call coming into the Help Desk were over 40 plus a day. The average in any call centre are 25 to 30. There are numerous procedures the average hourly salary for the position should be $25/hr.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisting of 4 members. The interviewers took turns asking questions related to the type of collaboration relevant to their positions. The questions varied from technical to ethical. The questions were fair and relevant to the position. The process was very formal and structured however the interviewers were polite, open to discussion and interested in my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting data?   1 Answer

Faculty Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. They are giving you one topic and you have to present using PowerPoint or any software tool. They will check your presentation skills and your knowledge of the subject.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Candidates are required to answer various instructing questions. The candidate is required to respond to situational questions related to how to deal with a student or faculty member that is acting inappropriately in the classroom or work setting. The interview is follow-up by a mock lesson. The lesson will cover preparation, goals of the class and delivery of material. Your qualifications are also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to instruct here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary and schedule

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with agency for project and then proceeded with on call interview and then 1on1 interview. There was no other process with this interview. After interview, I was offered the job from an agency.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Humber College (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

3 step process.

1. Application throughout the college website
    2. Preliminary telephone interview
    3. In person interview with manager and director

Interview Questions

• Typical, " give an example when you were unable to provide the best customer service possible. What did you do? And why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/a