Hunt Oil Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hunt Oil Company

2.6

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company.

Interview

Three person interview with the hiring manager, area VP, and another manager. The questions are basic questions regarding your goals and who you are, nothing too difficult. There is not much advanced communication so outside of the hiring manager don't expect the other interviewers to know your background.

Interview Questions

• All questions are basic with an emphasis on what are your goals and where do you see yourself in the future. Also expect to walk through your resume in some detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward, not much negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Hunt Oil was very courteous in flying me to Dallas for my interview and making sure all arrangements were made for me in this process. There were 3 20 minute interviews, each with one individual and all were laid back and conversational. Good experience overall.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company.

Interview

The interview lasted about 20 minutes. There were no trick questions - just your typical interview that starts with "Tell me about yourself."
    Overall the interview only consisted of about 3-4 questions with a Q&A at the end. The person interviewing me was really kind, and I had a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone difficult.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The director had been on a constant search for audit candidates. Once my resume from a recruiter was sent there, the director called backed immediately and I got an interview very soon thereafter. Interview was very straightforward. What have you done, various experiences, challenges, achievements, and so on. I got a good feeling and was hired. A good credit history is a must for this company.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Met with a few people on the team for about 20 minutes each. Total time there was about 3 hours. They just want to know if you know how to perform the basics of the job and can work with you.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I contacted an HR representative through personal contact. They reviewed my resume and flew me out to Dallas for a day to visit with company representatives. The interview was mostly an overview of what the internship entailed, and what sort of work I would be doing. A couple behavioral questions were asked, but nothing technical or too confusing.

Interview Questions

• What do you think I, as the VP of Project Engineering, do on a daily basis.   1 Answer

Environmental Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

3 person interview panel. Asked questions about my resume and wanted to know what my plans for my further were and if I saw myself working for an oil company. Explained the EHS field and how Hunt Consolidated works with the parent Hunt company. Very nice people and very friendly work environment.

Interview Questions

I declined because I had another opportunity to do an opportunity to study abroad and further my undergrad and grad degree.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I went in with two of the current coordinators for my first interview.Then I had a one-on-one with the Human Resources Manager. The first part of the interview went very well. The girls were very nice and they were both Aggies (which is always a plus). The HR Manager was very helpful as far as advice for recent grads. Overall, it was a pretty good interview, I'd say.

Interview Questions

• How does your degree fit in with a position as an HR Coordinator?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hunt Oil Company (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Met with the hiring manager in the first interview and the team in second interview. The hiring manager gave a tour of the company. Received an offer within a week.

Maintenance Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good experience. Private company. Connected to the overall oil industry. Hard to get "in" if you are not already in the refining business. This company is privately owned and is located in Tuscaloosa Alabama. The people were very friendly and had good experience.