Hunter Douglas (US) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hunter Douglas (US) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

2.4

Brand Manager Interview

Interview

Was a little disgusted that there were magazines in the "executive restroom". Details matter. Overall, a somewhat mundane interview - went line by line through my resume, asking questions about insignificant items.

Interview Questions

• What periodicals have you placed advertising in previously?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US).

Interview

A recruiter scheduled the initial call. Most of the questions were focused on past experience and how those skills apply to the job offering. None of the typical questions were asked, eg how dealt with past criticism, over came an obstacle, where see self in 5 years, etc.

I am rating the experience as negative because I never heard back from the recruiter, and I was told I would get a call back either way within 5 days.

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) (Boulder, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward, behavior interview question. There were Human Resource and a Engineering Manger present in the interview, they basically ask what have you done in college? What year are you in college?

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Director Digital Demand Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearl River, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) (Pearl River, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They arranged my travel to NY, all went as planned, very thorough and no hiccups at all. Very professional and friendly greeting upon arrival. Well-prepared staff interviews, very cordial and friendly group. Asked a lot about my work history, were not very enlightening about the job I was applying for - perhaps because it's a new position?

Interview Questions

• Asked whether I'm collaborative   1 Answer

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process was typical. Met with 5 different people. Overall the interview took an entire day. Somewhat overwhelming... but in the end ended up to be ok.

Linux Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) (Boulder, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a technical part that went ok, the linux engineer I was interviewing with seemed very full of himself and the manager seemed a bit stressed. The hr person was incredibly nice

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US).

Interview

Multiple stage... first with the HR department, then with IT department. The immediate supervisor is excellent, the higher up management is average... to good. Culture used to be more laid back, but has higher pressure these days. Still I believe that the work life balance here is better than in most companies.

Interview Questions

• Sorry... but it has been many years since the interview, so I can't remember specific questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because back then... I really needed the job and didn't realize that it was common practice to negotiate. If I knew then, what I know now.. I would have negotiated for a bit more salary... and more time off.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) (Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with HR first before moving forward with an interview with the hiring manager. The dress environment is pretty casual; felt slightly overdressed for the interviews. The team seemed easy going. You are required to take a drug test as well. Overall; the experience process was pretty quick and easy and would definitely recommend for someone who needs a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. Pay and position was a move up.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hunter Douglas (US) in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring manager was a Vice President. After an initial phone interview he asked me to contact the other people that worked for him and asked what they thought it was like. They flew me out for a face to face interview in which the VP didn't ask very many questions nor did he give me the chance to do so. He just talked and talked. At one point I felt like he was trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions

• I found it very odd that the interviewer in one Division spoke so negatively of the Division that I was coming from.   Answer Question