Huntington Beach Union High School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Huntington Beach Union High School District

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District (Orange, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, went through testing and went through 2 rounds of panel interviewing. The 1st panel interview was where 2 officials asked me behavioral questions and audio recorded my answers. I felt nervous but I thought I went well. Then I went on a 2nd interview where there were 3 people in the room. One person asked all the questions while 2 others observed. The questions were similar to questions asked of me in my 1st interview. On 2nd interview one of the witnesses observing my interview was working on his computer during my interview. This gave me mixed feelings and made me think my interview wasn't serious. Person on computer didn't give me eye contact at all. At the end I was dismissed by interviewer saying they had more interviews. I wasn't walked out. I've never left an interview feeling like weird.

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District (Chino, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 people from various inputs into the school district and each taking a turn to ask questions. Questions were very difficult for a person that has not already been in that position for a good length of time.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason that you are the best candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Group interview in a room with 2 or 3 other applicants. You're all put in a conference room alone together before being called. Asked a lot of the questions found on the application, but mostly looking for strong, confident answers, every person answering the same question. Switching off who goes first.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a potentially unruly student?   1 Answer

Night Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District (Huntington Beach, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

Tough. 3 man panel board. They want certain answers only. Be open. They want the best. Be calm and relaxed. They will not interfere with the interview but they will ask you questions only. Know your stuff. Key words are, hard work, willing to learn, have experience, and you must be approachable, detailed, and willing to do extra. They simply will not want you if you are a half worker and just wanting a check. They know it and they smell it if you are.

Interview Questions

• If you had angry parents coming in and approached you what would you do?   1 Answer

Typist Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District in February 2015.

Interview

It is a long 5 step interview process based on a merit system which means that each step is based on points and those with the highest points move forward. The first step of the process was an online application and all those who meet the qualifications are invited to the next step which is an assessment test. After the assessment test comes the typing test, then panel interview from the district, and then the final interview with the supervisor who you will be working the closest with. The questions were mainly behavioral questions.

Instructional Aide Special Education Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Beach Union High School District (Huntington Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was asked to take tests at the district. I had to take basic math and English tests and also a teaching style test. They were easy- not something to study for unless you need to brush up on basic math. I then interviewed in front of a panel of teachers from two different schools. These teachers were calm and allowed me a few extra seconds to think about a response to a question. After that I interviewed with another teacher in a smaller room for a different school. The teacher talked about the school and the program in depth and then asked a few questions before we finished. That second interview was a lot quicker than the first one.

Interview Questions

• What subjects do you feel comfortable with? (i.e. English, math, science, etc)   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a parent stopped you in the parking lot and asked you how their student was doing? (Your teacher is not around.)   1 Answer