Huntington Ingalls Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington Ingalls Industries Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Trade Show Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me a couple weeks later. During the day of my interview I met with the recruiter then met with the hiring manager and team. My interview was this morning so I will not hear more information till next month.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Pascagoula, MS) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview very relaxed, informal. Slacks, button down, and a tie would be adequate. Staff performing the interview was very knowledgeable about the position. The interview was much easier than expected and lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the job? What interests you most about the position.   Answer Question

Designer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied in early April and was given a call the very next day for an Interview/Hiring Event. The hiring event was scheduled for 1 month out which ended up being the second weekend in May on a Friday. In the morning we met and were shown several presentations on what is done at the Newport News Shipyard and what the designers specifically do. We were then split into two groups. Half of us(there were 13 total) were sent to have interviews and the other half were sent to have an actual bus tour of the yard and then split again to reverse the process. After both groups arrived back from interviews and the tour we had lunch while watching a final presentation. We were told by the hiring manager that we would have offers by the end of the month. The interviews themselves were just your basic interview asking about yourself and expounding on the details of your resume.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to set up an interview with the manager of the hiring department. They called and it was a brief 15 minute interview asking me about my background and telling me about their department.

Interview Questions

• What is the Bernoulli equation?   1 Answer

Administrative Support I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries in April 2017.

Interview

The interview went very well. Had it just today. Applied in mid March. Some very basic questions... many of which I answered before he could ask because I am a talker! He kept stating that I was answering his questions in one answer. I hope that was a good thing! No offer yet! Praying for the job!!

Interview Questions

• Did I understand their policy on fuging the numbers. Placing hours worked on different budgets to make the current budget look good...   1 Answer

Nuclear Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries in April 2017.

Interview

“I participated in a group interview. There were about 20 of us total. It was about 5.5 hours total. They started with a brief overview of the company and some facts about the benefits/health package offered to employees. They then gave us a tour of the shipyard. After than we went to a conference room where there were hiring managers and recently hired employees. They split up the interviews into three different groups (one person per hiring manager). While one group was interviewing the remaining two groups stayed in the conference room to talk to the employees and ask any questions pertaining to the job. Lunch was also provided. Two days later I received my offer via email.”
    This is an excellent summary of what occurred during the hiring event.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertained to the work experience on my resume.   Answer Question

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Pascagoula, MS) in April 2017.

Interview

Half an hour of going over responsibilities and my resume. I interviewed with two managers and several other employees on the phone at once. It was more interviewers than I thought it would be but was not a tough process.

Nuclear Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries.

Interview

Interviewed at a Career fair for entry level. Fair behavioral questions . two interviews ,one with an hr manager and the other one with a project engineer. What do you want to work for us, what makes you the better candidate, talk about your resume etc. Also, Technical questions about FEA analysis and fatigue theories were asked as well so it took me by surprise a bit. They wanted to know what projects I have used FEA analysis specially dealing with fluids.

Test & Trials Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Pascagoula, MS) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 people. Had a grade sheet for scoring and asked me questions about the company and my military background. Asked if I was a quick learner and questions about my education achievements.

Engineer - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was basic, and questions were regarding some of the previous work i had with my previous employer as well as school projects that I had undertaken. Very few questions regarding behavioral scenarios and many more regarding how I communicated with my peers as well as how I felt with them. Be prepared, but most of all be confident.

Interview Questions

• What was your Senior Project design about?   2 Answers