Huntington Ingalls Industries Nuclear Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington Ingalls Industries Nuclear Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntington Ingalls Industries

2.8

Nuclear Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries.

Interview

Interviewed at a Career fair for entry level. Fair behavioral questions . two interviews ,one with an hr manager and the other one with a project engineer. What do you want to work for us, what makes you the better candidate, talk about your resume etc. Also, Technical questions about FEA analysis and fatigue theories were asked as well so it took me by surprise a bit. They wanted to know what projects I have used FEA analysis specially dealing with fluids.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huntington Ingalls Industries

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I participated in a group interview. There were about 20 of us total. It was about 5.5 hours total. They started with a brief overview of the company and some facts about the benefits/health package offered to employees. They then gave us a tour of the shipyard. After than we went to a conference room where there were hiring managers and recently hired employees. They split up the interviews into three different groups (one person per hiring manager). While one group was interviewing the remaining two groups stayed in the conference room to talk to the employees and ask any questions pertaining to the job. Lunch was also provided. Two days later I received my offer via email.

Overall it was a great process. It was a very relaxed and stress free environment. As far as the interview itself, it was very easy. The hiring managers want to just have a conversation with you instead of drilling you with the typical interview questions. The HR lady that gave the very first overview was really nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Spa, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Ballston Spa, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. They set up an interview and time at a hotel near the restricted base and sent all the details to email. The manager showed up to the interview with a sheet of Behavioral questions, some of which he asked, and some of which he said he hated and wasn't going to. Eventually the interview jumped off the behavioral questions and became conversational. I heard from a person inside HI that I did ok and had a chance to be hired but then the department lost funding for new hires and they did not hire anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries (Newport News, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

HR contacted me by phone to confirm interest and set up an interview date; a few weeks later they had me come down to Virginia for an interview-flight, car and hotel were paid for, everything else was eligible for reimbursement. All contact after the initial phone call was by e-mail. I interviewed with 3 engineering divisions-mechanical, nuclear & systems. Each interview took about 45 minutes, opened with the interviewer describing what he needed, asking me to explain how I was qualified then going through maybe a half-dozen questions tailored to his department and asking if I had any questions of my own. There were about 6 other nuclear engineers and maybe 40 or 50 non-nuclear engineers interviewing with me; we all had our interviews concurrently, in the same conference room.

Interview Questions

• A boat's specifications require that it be painted with white paint, which is out of stock and can't be delivered before the deadline. Your boss asks you to use gray paint instead, what is your response?   1 Answer
    • Would you feel comfortable working with or under someone who does not have a college education?   1 Answer

Nuclear Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview which had at least 25-30 people interviewing for different or the same position we were not told. It kind of reminded me of speed dating which I really did not care for, you could hear the person next to you interviewing and asking question which was very annoying to me. The interview was a all day process they explained to group about the company, gave us lunch, interviewed us, and gave us a tour around the shipyard. I would have just preferred a one on one interview and leave, all the other stuff was not necessary to me.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manger noticed my current position was working with another company and that nothing to do with my major which i stated and asked me why would I leave there to work at HII.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation I was offered an amount of money, it was either that it or leave.

Nuclear Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Ingalls Industries.

Interview

I was brought in with a group of other potential candidates and were interviewed in succession. The questions were general professional and personality type questions to demonstrate basic engineering knowledge and a desire to work on a team and improve. I did not have direct nuclear experience at this point but HII has a system in place where you are trained for a couple months and tested after hiring. Was given an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to accomplish working for HII?   1 Answer