Huntington Learning Centers Tutor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

1.9

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

It was an overall low key, low pressure interview. I had to elaborate on my experience, educational background and answer basic questions, i.e what is your greatest strength, weakness? The whole process with the tour of the facility was probably about 25 minutes.

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Director just asked me about myself and my availability. I think the fact that I'm a full-time certified teacher helped. If you are a teacher, you have a high likelihood of getting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Dunwoody, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The overall job offer and hire process took about 5 days. I applied to the job on indeed and was received a phone call that same evening to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was standard and easy, it lasted about 20mins and I was asked about my education, past tutoring/teaching experience and availability. I was told that I will have to complete about 3 - 4 weeks of training and shadow an ACT tutor until I am approved to get on the floor. I was asked to take a practice ACT math on which I will need to score at least a 33 in order to move forward as an ACT tutor with Huntington.

Interview Questions

• What do I most enjoy about tutoring?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

I heard back from Huntington very quickly after applying online. Two days later, I went for a one-on-one interview with one of the managers at the local branch. It was very laid back and I was offered the job and asked to take a practice ACT to see which areas I could help with most effectively. I ultimately declined the offer because I was told the hours would be inconsistent and the pay was not enough to justify sacrificing searching for something more full-time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Puyallup, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied from craigslist, had a phone interview, interviewed at Starbucks within 2 weeks with two interviewers who were opening up a new center on South Hill, took the ACT or SAT

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience as a tutor and which subjects I would feel confident tutoring.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview is with the director in person at the location. Very friendly staff. You must fill out a few employment forms while waiting on the interview to begin. Mainly involves discussing your experience as well as their processes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Westwood, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Relatively straightforward interview. The director asked me to tell him about myself, and my long term goals. I was then asked what I knew about Huntington and was asked some behavioral type questions. He then told me about how tutoring works at Huntington. I was asked to come back within a few days to take the math portion of the ACT.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very easy and brief interview. The director asked me to tell him about myself, then asked what I knew about Huntington. The remainder of the interview was him telling me about how the company and tutoring works. Offered me the job, but wanted me to wait until Saturday to accept or decline offer (time to sleep on it).

Exam Prep Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview since I was out of town, they asked mostly personality questions and some qualification questions. It was pretty easy and what they mostly look for is how enthusiastic you are. If you can't hold a good conversation and enjoy what you're doing then you'll have a tough time with 1:1 tutoring.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever taken the ACT or SAT and what was your score?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Lawrenceville, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy. We set up the date to be the next day. I was asked on any prior work experience, and I was asked on my background in doing Mathematics. I had lots of experience working in mathematics but none in teaching mathematics. They said it was not a problem, they had programs to train me how to teach math. Finally they had me take a sample ACT math and science section. I scored well and was given the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience teaching Mathematics or exam prep?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really try. I really needed a job.