Huntington National Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington National Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntington National Bank

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Detroit, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back for a phone interview. I had the phone interview, which was very easy, just questions about what you do now. She set me up with a 1on1 interview with a manager from a different branch then i applied at. I went to the interview, it was just an average interview. He asked some tricky questions, some hard, but then explained all the benefits to me. I waited about 1-2 weeks, and received another call from the local branch manager. He wanted to set up another interview locally. I went to the interview, asked a couple questions about what I do now, and what I wanted to do. Also role played "If he was a customer in Meijer, and I was the personal banker from huntington, greet him." He stopped me mid-way through, and said I hit 3/6 things they look for already. He expressed that I did a great job. I also did a job shadow, and worked with the manager in the aisle helping customers. He told me that they would call me within a week or week & half. I got a call about 5 hours later offering me the job. I accepted, what a great experience with the interviews, and I am truly excited to start.

I thought I would give back to Glassdoor and explain my experience because I was worried at first, and was trying to look at previous interviews that could help me.

I do suggest reading about the company, and finding some facts to surprise your manager interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about an experience where you had a to be an mediator to two co-workers, why did you do what you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I received a salary that was already amazing.

Other Interview Reviews for Huntington National Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Toledo, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic phone interview more in depth face to face. The face to face took about an hour and half with several “what if” questions and some role playing to your interaction with a customer.

Interview Questions

• 5 things you would say to a customer - This was more of a role play section and if you have never worked in banking industry this may be a difficult to accomplish   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I got hired the same day that I interviewd. They are very focused on sales. If you dont have a sales background you are not likely to be hired for a banker position. The questions where situational. Very open ended. Very casusual. I did not feel intimidated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Directly with the hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who let me know I did not qualify for the position I applied for but wanted to get to know me and my experience better so that way she can fit me for a more qualified position. She told me I would fit a personal banker position well but she did not have any open as of yet, therefore I was not offered any job at the time.

Interview Questions

• What percentage would you say you met and/or exceeded your sales goals?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you did not get along with your co workers. What did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What did you do to meet your sales goals?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

horrible experience. the hr recruiter called my current manager because she knew him to ask his opinion and talk about me. i was then called into a meeting with him and questioned for an hour about why i was wanting to leave. this is after i was recruited and informed her i was just looking at all of my options for growth and to please not call.
    the interview was great and the manager i interviewed with was wonderful. she is the reason i took the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tedious

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Lyndhurst, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Was the worst experience I have ever had. They called me rather quickly after submitting my application. I went to an interview early February and the interview went well, in fact the manager said he wanted to hire me. He said I would have to come in to shadow. I never heard from him for weeks, so I called him, but he never returned my call. I was then notified a month later via their out of state HR person that the position had been eliminated. She then enthusiastically said, we have another position you can interview for. It was even further out than the other one, but I said ok. I showed up and the interview went well even with the young kid saying what an ego he has and blah, blah, blah. I was invited back for a "Shadowing" which was the biggest waste of my time. I had to stand in back of the teller line and observe. Well I already knew the job description of the job I applied for and why the hell would you invite me for this and their was no interest in hiring me. This is the most ridiculous step in any interview process that I have ever seen.

Interview Questions

• Most people cant handle my ego.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is fairly quick and they are good to getting back to you with a response, even if you didn't get the job. They ask the normal questions and how you would fit in with the position and ask what you expect of the position. The interviewer expects you to have questions for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Akron, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Very brief interview. Very laid back atmosphere.

Interview Questions

I really would have loved to accept the job, however the hiring process took almost 6wks and I had to accept another offer.

Anonymous Employee in Brunswick, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Brunswick, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

First off it took forever to start the position after accepting the offer. My first interview was over the phone. Second was a person to person interview with the branch manager of the branch I worked in. The interview was very unprofessional and rude. Almost like interviewing with military personal. I came back to meet with a personal banker who had no idea I was coming. Communication did not exsist fluently at that location. After all that I met with the district manager who told me anything he could to get me in the door. Many empty promises were made that day. Then i took the drug test and handed over everything besides my kitchen sink for the backround check. They wanted original copies of my highschool transcripts, completed credits from my university, along with info about what hospital I was born in. Then i started my first day. That was the day I was given all codes keys and my new office and was told " here ya go, get to work"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes but everything I negotiated did not happen. My yearly salary was not what the manager and i discussed along with the days off I requested. My education was never paid along with any commission.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Richmond Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

very tedious but interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a bank robbery?   1 Answer