Huntington National Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington National Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntington National Bank

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Charleston, WV) in May 2010.

Interview

HR contacted me, set up an appointment the suited my schedule. Interviewed with branch manager and teller team lead. Very easy question not your normal interview questions. They called with two hours offering the position. Pay negotiations took another day. I started training a couple weeks later. The training involved a lot a computer training the first week. The second week was hands on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated rate of pay, HR was menitor

Other Interview Reviews for Huntington National Bank

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Springfield, OH).

Interview

I started by applying online and then walked into the branch to speak with a manager. Typically the manager doesn't initially choose who is hired. Human resources picks out individuals and then has the manager interview them. The manager then sends a report back to tell them how the interview goes. I lucked out and happened to meet the interviewer and skipped that who process.

Interview Questions

• I can not remember but most of it was simply asking about certain scenarios and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

Applied online, received hr phone interview, teller assessment, branch interview with team lead and branch manager. I worked at a bank and the TTL at the time contacted me for the position so not too difficult of a process, but when I became the Teller Supervisor I noticed it was a lonnnnggg drawn out process and you have to push HR every 5 seconds to get your candidates and move along the process. When you're someone/people in an office I expect HR recruiters to be a little more attentive to their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected the usual "where do you see yourself in X years?" "Whats your weaknesses and strengths?" "Tell me about a time you...."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I wasn't highly experienced so I accepted the initial standard offer, but there can be some negotiations on base pay if you have experience. They will always try to underpay you so if you have the experience don't hesitate to tell them you want more.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR department that was outside of the branch, and state for that matter, and after they asked some pre-employment questions I was contacted by the branch manager for an interview. I interviewed with both the branch manager and the teller manager. I was notified a few days later that I was accepted for the position.

Interview Questions

• To describe a time when I made a mistake with a customer's transaction   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered on the higher end of their salary range due to having a few years experience and having experience with multiple roles within previous branches.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Cleveland, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Apply online either to multiple branches or just one. Hr calls for a phone interview in a day or two and then if you pas the online and phone tests you will be connected by a branch. Then you generally have one or two interviews depending who interviews you. After that you will get a call within a week if you are a good fit!

Interview Questions

• None really, did not feel any pressure from interview to answer any of the questions. They were looking for more of a personal answer than some technical answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Maple Heights, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

It took 2 weeks-before I had the interview.
    the interview was pretty easy, not many difficult questions.

Teller Interview

Interview

long background check, had 3 inteirews all at once which was kidna over whelming, but all in all was good got asked the same question by all three. got the job in the end so all good was the ongest nvterivew ............................................................................................................................................................................

Negotiation

met me half way

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online and after 1+ weeks, received their phone interview. I was interviewed by a supervisor and a branch manager couple days after the call.The interview was easy and comfortable. They basically asked if i'm fine with doing sales and meeting team goals. Customer services and cash-handling experience is a must.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to greet him the way i would greet customers ( more like a role play).   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank.

Interview

Call from recruiter to set up a 30-45 minute phone interview.
    Call from recruiter to set up a 1 hour in-branch interview with Teller Supervisor and Branch Manager.
    Call from recruiter about a week or so later to offer position. E-mailed offer letter and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you were not content with your work environment and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huntington National Bank (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was not with the manager, instead I interviewed with another teller, the lady that ran the teller line, and the personal bankers. They asked lots of questions about my previous banking experience, future plans, and how I would try to get along with diverse personalities. It was intimidating at first with so many people in the interview, but it ended up flowing nicely.

Interview Questions

• How do you establish meaningful, long lasting relationships with customers?   Answer Question