Huron Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was as follows:
-Online Excel test
-Campus Interviews (1 Case Interview, 1 Behavioral Interview)
-Final Round Interviews (Panel Interview, 2 Behavioral Interviews)

Overall, the process was very competitive, but Huron managed to make it feel low-stress during each step. Be yourself, be ready to be analytical, and be ready to discuss what you've worked on in the past and what you've learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Case interview regarding strategy for a leading research university and its satellite campuses.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Huron is a very professional company and that showed during interview process. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and two more phone interviews with Directors. I was invited to headquarters for a full day of interviewing. Four in-person interviews with questions that were most behavioral. Be prepared with multiple answers for standard questions like greatest accomplishments, difficult situations, etc. Do a search online for consulting interview questions and you should be fine. Be sure to know your resume and be prepared with questions to ask your interviewer. The case was very straight forward and you have plenty of time to work on it. Luckily, my case dealt with the specific field the position was in.

Interview Questions

• A moral dilemma you have faced, a goal you are working towards or have worked towards, greatest accomplishment, are you comfortable with travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was very fair for the position and no negotiation was required.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

On-campus interview consisted of two interviews: behavioral and case. Final round was a four part interview, consisting of a brunch with employees/other applicants, two behavioral interviews to discuss solution group interests, and a Q&A session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, went onsite for 2.5 hour interview with six hiring managers. A written test was administered and it was of average difficult. There was no white boarding, which was fortunate enough, but there were a couple of questions that were a little tricky. After the on site interview, I didn't get any feedback for at least a week, however this is a large consulting firm so delays are to be expected. I did not receive an offer but the interview was a fairly pleasant learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you <execute this function> in Active Directory?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview process took about a week and a half. First round interview consisted of a case study and behavioral interview. Case study was well structured and was an example of something you might actually encounter at Huron. Second round was more to wine and dine you and make sure that you are a cultural fit. It also had 2 30 minute conversation interviews. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 hours and 2 projects that take 2 hours each. What do you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Everyone I met through the interview process was very helpful and really excited about the work that they do. It was refreshing to be able to have peer-to-peer conversations as well as be able to go onsite and see what an actual project would be like.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met with employees of various levels within the company. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy the work they do, the people they work with, and the travel lifestyle. For the final round especially, be prepared with lots of questions for your interviewer--about the job, the travel, etc. to show interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process took way too long. Took several weeks back and forth. Finally called back for final round up in chiacgo. Really hard case question that was irrelevant to health care, which is why I was even interested in company to begin with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Was a relatively positive process--brought a lot of candidates in for the final round though seemed there were six of us or so for one position, which was probably a bit much. But overall, nice people and it seemed it was a decent enough process. Didn't want to work for them, though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. The guy had a poor attitude. Sighed heavily when I didn't know the answer to one of his questions and basically hung up on me. Rude. Bad. I would expect someone to be professional even if they determine that the position is not a fit for the candidate and at least complete the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at that particular company   1 Answer