Huron Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.9

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

1 phone screen with recruiter, 2 phone screens with consultants, and invite to Chicago office for 4 in person interviews each one with a person who works in different levels of the team you are looking to join.

Interview Questions

• specific healthcare and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied for an analyst role my senior year of college. The interview process was pretty straight forward.

Round 1 was an on site campus interview that had a mix of behavioral/math/and case questions. The behavioral was relatively easy and straightforward as was the math question (they really just want to see how you think). The case question was also relatively simple. It is not like a typical case question instead they just want to see what you would look into to solve a problem a hospital is experiencing.

Round 2 - onsite interview in Chicago office. If you make it to this round, they are definitely interested. This is more to see if you will be a good fit for the company. no more case questions just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Huron? Why this role?
      What would you look into if a hospital was having difficulties with its call wait time?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in April 2017.

Interview

Employee referral that lead to a screen with a recruiter. Recruiter was 10 minutes late to the call and then said had a hard stop, so lasted only 20 minutes, so could not ask any questions. They said that despite 5 years of work experience since I did not have consulting experience would need to start as an entry level analyst. They said there were no roles at that time but would keep in touch in case anything came up. I tried to follow-up however the recruiter was not responsive.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was as follows:
    -Online Excel test
    -Campus Interviews (1 Case Interview, 1 Behavioral Interview)
    -Final Round Interviews (Panel Interview, 2 Behavioral Interviews)

Overall, the process was very competitive, but Huron managed to make it feel low-stress during each step. Be yourself, be ready to be analytical, and be ready to discuss what you've worked on in the past and what you've learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Case interview regarding strategy for a leading research university and its satellite campuses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Huron is a very professional company and that showed during interview process. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and two more phone interviews with Directors. I was invited to headquarters for a full day of interviewing. Four in-person interviews with questions that were most behavioral. Be prepared with multiple answers for standard questions like greatest accomplishments, difficult situations, etc. Do a search online for consulting interview questions and you should be fine. Be sure to know your resume and be prepared with questions to ask your interviewer. The case was very straight forward and you have plenty of time to work on it. Luckily, my case dealt with the specific field the position was in.

Interview Questions

• A moral dilemma you have faced, a goal you are working towards or have worked towards, greatest accomplishment, are you comfortable with travel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was very fair for the position and no negotiation was required.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

On-campus interview consisted of two interviews: behavioral and case. Final round was a four part interview, consisting of a brunch with employees/other applicants, two behavioral interviews to discuss solution group interests, and a Q&A session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, went onsite for 2.5 hour interview with six hiring managers. A written test was administered and it was of average difficult. There was no white boarding, which was fortunate enough, but there were a couple of questions that were a little tricky. After the on site interview, I didn't get any feedback for at least a week, however this is a large consulting firm so delays are to be expected. I did not receive an offer but the interview was a fairly pleasant learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you <execute this function> in Active Directory?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview process took about a week and a half. First round interview consisted of a case study and behavioral interview. Case study was well structured and was an example of something you might actually encounter at Huron. Second round was more to wine and dine you and make sure that you are a cultural fit. It also had 2 30 minute conversation interviews. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 hours and 2 projects that take 2 hours each. What do you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Everyone I met through the interview process was very helpful and really excited about the work that they do. It was refreshing to be able to have peer-to-peer conversations as well as be able to go onsite and see what an actual project would be like.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I met with employees of various levels within the company. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and seemed to enjoy the work they do, the people they work with, and the travel lifestyle. For the final round especially, be prepared with lots of questions for your interviewer--about the job, the travel, etc. to show interest.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult client.   Answer Question