Huron Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

There was a basic Interview as well as case Interview in the first round. This occurred after an initial screening through an online skills review. Similar to other consulting interviews, the case interview is what really matters.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 Huron employees for 45 minutes each. Same as others have mentioned about what I would do in certain situations and a case study. Four days later I received an email stating that I needed more integration experience. I find this difficult to believe as they recruit directly from colleges all the time. I strongly suspect that they didn't select me for hire because I am over 40.

Interview Questions

• Descriibe the activities include on each step of the integration project life cycle.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. There were a couple of phone calls with a recruiter and a consultant and then an in person interview with 4 different Huron employees. The reason I provided a negative experience is because when I first spoke with the company, they were interested in interviewing me for an Analyst position. They then decided to interview me for a higher up (Associate Consultant) position, even though I wasn't necessarily qualified. After interviewing, I was told that I would be a better fit for the Analyst position and would have to wait for the next "wave" of Analyst interviews in 3-4 months. They said I had just missed the current Analyst "wave" because I was interviewing for the Associate Consultant position. I was disappointed because Huron was at the top of my list. But as far as the interview process itself goes, it was fairly relaxed and more conversational than expected. The people I spoke with were kind and patient. Interviewing can be intimidating, but Huron seems to try and help you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to meet a deadline, but you were waiting on the work of someone else. How did you meet the deadline?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went against popular opinion in order to produce a positive change.   Answer Question
    • How do you solve problems or find answers to questions when you are stuck?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fit + case. The interviewer was very condescending and was not pleasant. Maintained RBF and stuck to the script for the case. Refused to answer any clarifying questions. Did not know how to interview. Did not like her at all. Had also met Huron during a career fair and the lady there was also very condescending.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I went through on-campus recruiting for Huron and received an interview with the Education division. The interview was pretty straightforward; it consisted of one behavioral interview and a case. Each interview was 45 minutes with separate interviewers. Behavioral questions were pretty typical; however, the case isn't similar to cases you would do for other consulting firms (McKinsey, Bain, Deloitte, etc.) It was more interview led. In other words, the interviewer asks you a question and instead of you coming back with follow up questions, you're supposed to derive an answer from the given information. This threw me off at first because it's totally different from anything I read in Case-in-Point or any other study guide. But fi you're prepared for it you'll probably do well because the question itself wasn't too hard.

Interview Questions

• A private parking company exist nearby/ but separate from a major university in a city. What are some ways that the company can increase revenue within the next year?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took around a month. The first two rounds were phone interviews with HR specialists. The third was an in-person interview with the hiring manager at Huron headquarters in Chicago. Very fair process. Nothing too surprising as far as questions were concerned. If you have interviewed anywhere before, you will know what to expect. Friendly interviewers who are basically trying to gauge your interest in the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Basic background questions about my resume and experience. A few questions about how I would handle day-to-day tasks and problems.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2013.

Interview

Initial Interview was pleasant and lasted about thirty minutes. Almost scheduled a second interview and trip to CHicago, IL. I accepted a second interview which was held a week later. Lasted about 45mins. It's been about a month with final interview in Chicago, in a few days

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical behavioral questions. Wanted step by step detail on solving a problem and the outcome.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview

Was contacted within a couple of days of referral. They are very quick. Phone interview was a couple standard behavioral questions. "Discuss a time you had to solve a very complicated problem and the steps you took to work through it" was one. They also asked the standard, "Why Consulting? Why healthcare? Why Huron?"

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to go above and beyond expectations   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview with an HR representative. Was called immediately after to schedule an on-site interview with the team in Chicago. Everyone was extremely professional and nice and made you feel comfortable. I would make sure to prepare for behavioral and case study interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Notre Dame, IN).

Interview

On campus interview, very standard behavioral questions. Describe yourself, name a time someone in a group was frustrating and how you dealt with it. Interviewer was very pleasant and helpful

Interview Questions

• No real surprises. I was a little nervous, so that was the most difficult part.   Answer Question