Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through the career center on campus. The first interview was an on campus interview. First half was behavior and the second half was a case interview (order can be switched too). The interview was primarily interviewer led and fit a basic case format.

On site had an informal meeting with three entry-level consultants followed by two fit interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you were going to start your own company what would be five values you'd want the company to have?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR. She provided a very vague description of the job. Very direct no soft skills.
    Telephone interview with the hiring manager.
    In person interview with 6 people. One of the female interviewers was 20 minutes late for the interview. She was dressed in sneakers yet they felt the need to remind me to dress in business attire; they should pass the same to their management staff. Hiring manager did not know how to conduct the test he created. Myself and the smartest and most attentive interviewer walked him through how he should have conducted the test.
    The environment didn't appear diverse. Nepotism exist - the hiring manager and another interviewer were both hired by the CIO.
    The use out date technology.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process, screening phone interview, in person one to one, then third interview with 3 different individuals. Hard process, but to be expected. They were wonderful in the process and gave me updates when they had them. Were always professional and they notified me with a phone call that I was the runner-up for the position, along with feedback of why. Extremely helpful and respectable in the way they did things. The way this team functioned as I candidated, I will be checking back for other open positions.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding very specific difficult situations one has been through professionally, also questions on specific experiences you have with each of their core values.   Answer Question

Analyst Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I completed 4 rounds of interviews in addition to an excel test. My third round included a case study and a math test. My first three rounds of interviews were very positive, but my final round really turned me off to the company. In the end, it wasn't a good fit for me; I'm glad I flew out to Chicago and learned that for myself.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you integrated your community into one of your projects.   Answer Question

Peoplesoft Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First a phone interview, then a face-to-face on Huron's main offices in Chicago. Four (45 minutes each) interviews: One technical, one case study, one with functional staff and one with a director. Very smooth process, all personnel was very professional. The interview questions were from general behavioral questions to specific technical-related questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went against popular opinion in order to produce a positive change   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process took a little over a month. First two interviews were virtual: the first a behavioral, the second a case study. The final round interview was at their Chicago office. The day consisted of a Analyst Panel and two individual interviews. The panel helped answer questions about life as an analyst and projects that they completed. The individual interviews asked about your values and how they aligned with Huron's.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have and how do you fix it? Why consulting? Why Huron?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was as follows:
    -Online Excel test
    -Campus Interviews (1 Case Interview, 1 Behavioral Interview)
    -Final Round Interviews (Panel Interview, 2 Behavioral Interviews)

Overall, the process was very competitive, but Huron managed to make it feel low-stress during each step. Be yourself, be ready to be analytical, and be ready to discuss what you've worked on in the past and what you've learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Case interview regarding strategy for a leading research university and its satellite campuses.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screening. Phone interview. Full day/in-person interview. Entire process took about two months, but everyone was super easy to work with and kind. Genuinely cared about getting to know me. Typical behavioral questions, but felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your current position.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a time when something didn't go as planned and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 Huron employees for 45 minutes each. Same as others have mentioned about what I would do in certain situations and a case study. Four days later I received an email stating that I needed more integration experience. I find this difficult to believe as they recruit directly from colleges all the time. I strongly suspect that they didn't select me for hire because I am over 40.

Interview Questions

• Descriibe the activities include on each step of the integration project life cycle.   Answer Question

Analyst EPM&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred then had a phone interview with recruiter followed by a phone interview with director, and finally an in-person interview day with a case and 2 other behavioral interviews. The two phone interviews were very straightforward and were essentially a conversation. The in person interviews were also pretty relaxed, but they were certainly looking to keep you on your toes as far as making sure they can put you in front of a client.

Interview Questions

• How might you go about learning a new technology/system   1 Answer