Huron Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Consultant Interview Questions

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

After multiple phone interviews, I received an invitation to interview in person. The in person interview involved multiple rounds with different members of the team all held on the same day. The vast majority of the interviews were focused on fit questions and past experiences. Although the majority of the interviews were fit based questions, there was also one case interview. I enjoyed speaking with everyone I interviewed with, and overall would say it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Provo, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of consultants and analysts visited my campus, and invited about 10 students to a meet and greet dinner, with interviews taking place the next day. The initial interview is a case study taking about 45 minutes to an hour. They ask some of the basic interview questions but a majority of the time is spent doing the case study. They say they are open to all majors but it seemed to me that only people with extensive SQL experience were being considered. I have limited experience and therefore did not move forward in the interview process. Overall, they seemed kind and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable spending around 80% of your time checking and running code?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I was invited for an on-site interview. They had 2 questions regarding their 4 core competencies for interns. They were quite straight forward and easy to answer as long as you could tell a story related to the question about something you've done in the past. While I thought I had a great connection with my interviewer, all he did was type into a computer the whole time, which made me think that he actually had no ultimate decision making power on whether or not I got the 2nd round case interview the following day on campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Arlington, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on phone then in person. Was asked a financial question about AR and then asked a situation question and asked to responds following STAR.

Interview Questions

• The AR question was difficult and i was not interviewing for a finance position.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I was invited to the main interviews in Chicago. Intense interview day, almost too intense where I didnt even know what more to ask or say at the end of all the interviews. Definitely come prepared and in the best spirits because you are expected to be at the top of your game the entire interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

It was very smooth. Got some good indications as to the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client does not want to follow your recommendations and you know that they are heading down the wrong path....   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in December 2011.

Interview

Standard Interview Process - accurately depicted on the website.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2010.

Interview

Very laid back interview with only two behavioral questions. The rest were questions like, why Huron? why Consulting?

Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in August 2010.

Interview

Received interview through career services office at university and by directly emailing recruiter. HR set up an office visit with two 1:1 interviews. First was behavioral second was a series of two cases. third interview was over phone with a new consultant. Did not pursue position further but fourth would have been over phone with MD in practice, fifth and sixth would have been 1:1 behavioral with MD in the office

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed leadership skills   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Case scenario about increasing rev and decreasing costs: what information would you collect? how collect it? draw a conclusion based on info given and then determine who/how present it to?   Answer Question