Huron Consulting Group Healthcare Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Healthcare Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.1

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Phone screening interview, then a phone behavioral interview. Then a morning at the office with a couple of interviews - I believe it was another behavioral interview, a case interview, a learning interview where you talk with someone about the role you are applying for, and a Q&A panel where you get to ask analysts any questions you have. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was about a hospital cafeteria that needed financial help. What would you do to figure out the problem, what would you recommend, what do you think the possible downsides would be from your recommendation, etc. The interviewer asks guiding questions, which is really helpful.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Huron Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process took a little over a month. First two interviews were virtual: the first a behavioral, the second a case study. The final round interview was at their Chicago office. The day consisted of a Analyst Panel and two individual interviews. The panel helped answer questions about life as an analyst and projects that they completed. The individual interviews asked about your values and how they aligned with Huron's.

Interview Questions

• What is a weakness that you have and how do you fix it? Why consulting? Why Huron?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview; back-to-back behavioral and case interviews, 45 minutes each. The case was more interviewer-led than expected, very simple math questions. The behavioral interview was pretty basic, the typical "why healthcare" and "why consulting"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in healthcare (past internship experience)   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Had 1 screening phone call. From there had two phone interviews and then was flown to Chicago for the final round. In the final round, had a few behavioral interviews and one case interview. Case interview was math intensive, but not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online through my college after attending an information session. Both my housemate and I got first-round interviews at the local airport, where they were interviewing a lot of candidates from nearby schools. Those interviews went well, fairly standard consulting stuff, but my housemate got eliminated. I advanced to the final round in Chicago, where I was eliminated. I asked for feedback about the final round and they provided it a few days later.

The final round was super positive and friendly, and was mostly a meet-and-greet culture fit situation. Apparently I came across as too aggressive in the interviews. My first interviewer described me as a someone who could potentially rub a client the wrong way and felt I didn't make proper eye contact. He also didn't like that I described myself as intelligent. They asked if I had concerns about the job and I mentioned being nervous about the travel, which they used as another reason to eliminate me. If you make it to the final round, don't be fooled into a false sense of security, you are very much still being evaluated.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do between now and you start date to prepare for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview was actually a back-to-back interview. I had the behavioral first and then switched over to the case study interview. They get back to you basically by the same night. If you get the offer, you can schedule from one of the multiple Friday interviews that are located in Chicago. This is the third and final interview.

Highly competitive. The recruiter told me the training class is usually around 50 new hires. I know at my campus alone there were 30 people interviewed. Ouch.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were exactly as what was reported on here. The questions I got were: time when you had to motivate a group, time when group was not performing well and what was your role, 3 hours to do task but you have 2 equally important tasks and each took 2 hours, why consulting, why Huron and how does Huron align with your goals, and a time when you went above and beyond your expectations in an organization.

Case study question for me was a non-labor question. It was about the hospital cafeteria going overbudget by $1 million. Find out why and offer solutions. What should the client be concerned about in regards to your recommendations? Not your usual case study. The interviewer leads the study and asks you questions which you then answer. My interviewer was so dead with the case study that I couldn't feel good about any of my answers. Kinda glad it's over...
      Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

on campus interview followed by a final round in office in Chicago. The on campus interview was half behavioral and half case study. the case study was very organizational. The final interview consisted of a breakfast, a panel, and two thirty minute interview/conversations

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had more than one task to complete and not enough time to complete both of them and both of them were of equal importance? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Tell you to arrive 15 minutes early, sit at a table for awhile until someone comes out to interview you. 1 Math based 1 Case and behavioral. The behavioral was all the questions you would think they would ask, the case study was more of a discussion in that they don't give you concrete numbers and you are just talking to yourself, and the math question was founded in accounting.

Interview Questions

• If you had two tasks of same importance and difficulty but you only had enough time to spend on one, how would you allocate your time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Quick process. On campus behavioral and case study interview then two behavioral and a panel at their headquarters in Chicago. After my on campus interview on Thursday, I heard back from them on Monday, scheduled my flight and interviewed Friday and received my offer on Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Two 45-minute interviews (behavioral and case), heard back the next day about a final round interview in chicago, six different fridays to pick out of where they fly you out the night before and you interview on friday. Final round consists of lunch with several interviewers (mixture of analysts/managers, these aren't the ones who interview you), two 30 minute interviews to discuss role (fit interviews), and a panel session with analysts where interviewees ask questions (very informal). I heard back Monday about my offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked why healthcare, why consulting, why huron at every interview. Case study is not like normal case studies, they walk you throw a financial/operational problem at a hospital step by step.
      First round: a time you fostered collaboration, a time you had had to do something challenging
      Final round: how your skill sets relate to consulting, how your values align with huron's values, be prepared with a lot of your own questions
      Answer Question