Huron Consulting Group Healthcare Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Healthcare Consultant Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied online. Received a quiz (pre-interview screen) to complete before on campus interviews to assess compatible skills they were looking for I guess. Did not receive an in person interview. Quiz seemed very technical/specific for a consulting role in healthcare.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair. Then had an in person interview. One 45 minute behavioral portion and one 45 minute case study. There as a switch in interviewers. For the behavioral section I spoke with a younger employee and the case was given by upper level management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Huron?
      The case was about a hospital having issues with staffing levels.

Healthcare Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Had an informational conversation with a member of the recruiting team earlier in the year followed by a phone interview mid-summer. I was qualified to move along in the process and was invited for an all-expenses-paid final round in Chicago at their HQs. Smooth process, intelligent case study and brilliant consulting questions summed up my interview. I was notified 2 days after the final round.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral : Huron's Analyst competencies
      Case Study : A/R + Problem-analyzing question
      Consulting : Situation based questions
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Working through the interview process with Huron was a great experience. I started networking with them through career fairs and campus drop-ins in the fall of my Junior year. In the fall of my senior year I reached out to the campus recruiter, and upon confirming attendance to the information session I was invited to dinner with some analysts and other attendees of the information session who were also invited. It was a great time to get to know the recruiter. I got accepted to the first round interview, where I was asked several behavioral questions. I was then called back for the second round interview the next day. During this process all of the people I interviewed with were very friendly and interesting! The case based interview was not nearly as bad as I was anticipating, I just had to walk through questions I would ask given a certain scenario and the interviewer led me through the whole thought process. Make sure to bring paper and a pen! The final round interview flew me to Chicago. I got to meet with other applicants and held many conversations with interviewing analysts. In their headquarters we met the CEO and CFO. They are very inspiring men with a great vision for the company.

If you want to work for this company, just come prepared. Do your due diligence and research the company and position throughly, and have a long list of questions as they pertain to the job, experiences of people who work in the company you will come across, and try and integrate what you have learned in college into your questions!

Interview Questions

• During the case-based interview there was a minor math portion. It was easy math, and for that reason I read past the last line of the prompt to calculate the amount of money saved. READ CAREFULLY!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruitment with an engineering background. The first application is just a resume, coverletter and transcript. The second round consists of a 45 minute behavioral interview and a 45 minutes case study as well as small talk with current employees. In the third round you fly to their offices in Chicago.

Interview Questions

• Days A/R math question
      Case interview: Improving call center waiting times
      Behavioral: Time you had to motivate a group (use STAR method)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Conversational Interview. Asked standard questions like "what did you do at your internship?", "why healthcare consulting?" and "why Huron?". Asked me which cities I'm interested in working at, whether I am happy to travel up to 80% of the time. The interviewer was nice but stern. Interview was approximately 20 minutes long.

Healthcare Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I started with a basic screening in which the recruiter gathered my information. About two weeks later I had my first behavioral interview. This interview consisted of two behavioral questions pertaining to how adjusted to difficult situations and turned them into positives. I passed and was scheduled to do my case interview over the phone because I wasn't local. My case question dealt with making an emergency room run more smoothly. I screwed up by skipping ahead to solutions rather than taking the time to describe what steps I would take to acquire the information necessary to know exactly what parts of the emergency room needed restructuring and therefore was not invited back.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Interview

It was good. They asked standard interview questions. The interview was fair and the interviewer tried to get a good answer. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in November 2011.

Interview

First round - on campus, one-on-one 30 minute behavioral interview at my University's career center. Found out later that night that I got second round.
    Second round - on campus the following day, one 45 minute case interview (very easy compared to other case interviews), one 45 minute behavioral interview. Found out the following Tuesday (2 business days later) that I got third round.
    Third round - in-office visit (I went to NY, there were 3 Friday options, 2 in Chicago and 1 in NY) about 3 weeks later. Two 45 minute very informal interviews (one company overview, one project overview) where I was able to drive the conversation and ask whatever questions I had about the company and solution groups. This was when I could demonstrate how much I wanted to work for Huron and how much I knew about the company (take advantage of this if you want an offer). There was then a panel of analysts who answered any and all questions I had about training, work/life balance, etc.

I received a phone call less than 24 hours later with an offer.

Everyone was great throughout the recruiting process. Really friendly, young culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your analysis experience.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Very competitive package.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in September 2011.

Interview

First had a 30 minute standard behavioral interview. 2nd round consisted of a 45 min behavioral interview and a 45min case interview