Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was as follows:
    -Online Excel test
    -Campus Interviews (1 Case Interview, 1 Behavioral Interview)
    -Final Round Interviews (Panel Interview, 2 Behavioral Interviews)

Overall, the process was very competitive, but Huron managed to make it feel low-stress during each step. Be yourself, be ready to be analytical, and be ready to discuss what you've worked on in the past and what you've learned from those experiences.

Interview Questions

• Case interview regarding strategy for a leading research university and its satellite campuses.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screening. Phone interview. Full day/in-person interview. Entire process took about two months, but everyone was super easy to work with and kind. Genuinely cared about getting to know me. Typical behavioral questions, but felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your current position.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a time when something didn't go as planned and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Had the case with one interviewer and then behavioral with the other. The case isn't as structured as a "typical case," it felt more like a conversation, but maybe that means that I was doing it wrong... Regardless, you get to use a calculator, which makes the math pretty straightforward. Behavioral was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• You have 3 hours and 2 projects that each take 2 hours. What do you do?   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Online Assessment Test:
    --1 min self-introduction
    --10 excel questions
    Super easy as long as you have experiences with excel, you will be able to answer all correctly.

Reference Form:
    Have to fill out a reference form with 2 references

On-site Interview:
    One leadership interview and one case interview.
    Leadership interviews: very typical. Tell me a time...Why consulting...Why huron.....

Case interview: very different from what you would prepare for McKinsey..Bain..etc. It is interviewer-led and the questions are very general. First two questions are about why this happened with this client and what is your solution..then the third question interviewer asked me to make a recommendation to upper level management ASSUMING that I have all my data and research done. There is a math problem following the case interview as well. Very simple.

Overall experience is average. They made you feel very welcome but after the interview, they won't answer your follow-up email at all.

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair. Then had an in person interview. One 45 minute behavioral portion and one 45 minute case study. There as a switch in interviewers. For the behavioral section I spoke with a younger employee and the case was given by upper level management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Huron?
      The case was about a hospital having issues with staffing levels.
      Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview; back-to-back behavioral and case interviews, 45 minutes each. The case was more interviewer-led than expected, very simple math questions. The behavioral interview was pretty basic, the typical "why healthcare" and "why consulting"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in healthcare (past internship experience)   Answer Question

Salesforce.com Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

I emailed the recruiter with my updated resume (I had interviewed with her before). She sent me a job description and I was interested so I did a Technical Interview first. This was a casual interview and wasn't very hard (I might have got lucky with my interviewer). Mostly just questions about the software I've used and my experience. Next up was a Case Study interview over Skype. They sent detailed instructions before the interview and I had to develop an application and present it (it sounds hard, but it was more conversational than anything and they don't expect you to be able to complete the entire exercise, but they are looking for work ethic and if you understand the concepts). Don't stress out as much as I did about the Case Study, but just concentrate on getting as much done as you can. After that, they flew me out to Buffalo, NY for the "final interview" which was a Q&A session, a lunch with the team, and a leadership interview. The office is very "start-up-y" and everyone is dressed relatively casual. Small office, but they are planning to get a new office in Q1 of next year. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and had a team oriented atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• (Leadership Interview) You have 2 tasks to complete and each takes 2 hours to complete. The client values each task equally. You only have 3 hours left. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • (Technical Interview) What kinds of software have you used within the past year or two?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offers are non negotiable, but their offer was very attractive especially when paired with the benefits package.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Had 1 screening phone call. From there had two phone interviews and then was flown to Chicago for the final round. In the final round, had a few behavioral interviews and one case interview. Case interview was math intensive, but not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate salary.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

This process went rather quickly (1 month) and the team was great. The majority of my interviews were over the phone including the case study. The team was very professional and I could tell that they were genuine. I really enjoyed speaking with them. Most questions were behavioral. As long as you practice, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you started a company tomorrow, what would your company values be?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with 4 Huron employees for 45 minutes each. Same as others have mentioned about what I would do in certain situations and a case study. Four days later I received an email stating that I needed more integration experience. I find this difficult to believe as they recruit directly from colleges all the time. I strongly suspect that they didn't select me for hire because I am over 40.

Interview Questions

• Descriibe the activities include on each step of the integration project life cycle.   Answer Question