Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with Director. Finished with day long interview in Chicago, two one-on-one with Directors followed by a one-on-one with an associate and finally a case presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online through my college after attending an information session. Both my housemate and I got first-round interviews at the local airport, where they were interviewing a lot of candidates from nearby schools. Those interviews went well, fairly standard consulting stuff, but my housemate got eliminated. I advanced to the final round in Chicago, where I was eliminated. I asked for feedback about the final round and they provided it a few days later.

The final round was super positive and friendly, and was mostly a meet-and-greet culture fit situation. Apparently I came across as too aggressive in the interviews. My first interviewer described me as a someone who could potentially rub a client the wrong way and felt I didn't make proper eye contact. He also didn't like that I described myself as intelligent. They asked if I had concerns about the job and I mentioned being nervous about the travel, which they used as another reason to eliminate me. If you make it to the final round, don't be fooled into a false sense of security, you are very much still being evaluated.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do between now and you start date to prepare for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview was actually a back-to-back interview. I had the behavioral first and then switched over to the case study interview. They get back to you basically by the same night. If you get the offer, you can schedule from one of the multiple Friday interviews that are located in Chicago. This is the third and final interview.

Highly competitive. The recruiter told me the training class is usually around 50 new hires. I know at my campus alone there were 30 people interviewed. Ouch.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were exactly as what was reported on here. The questions I got were: time when you had to motivate a group, time when group was not performing well and what was your role, 3 hours to do task but you have 2 equally important tasks and each took 2 hours, why consulting, why Huron and how does Huron align with your goals, and a time when you went above and beyond your expectations in an organization.

Case study question for me was a non-labor question. It was about the hospital cafeteria going overbudget by $1 million. Find out why and offer solutions. What should the client be concerned about in regards to your recommendations? Not your usual case study. The interviewer leads the study and asks you questions which you then answer. My interviewer was so dead with the case study that I couldn't feel good about any of my answers. Kinda glad it's over...
      Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Interview

Very easy process overall. I applied through university and set up an interview about two weeks later. Started off with an hour long behavioral interview and questions regarding travel and how i heard about Huron. After the behavior interview was a 45 minute case study. Smooth process from start to finish but unfortunately did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you have two tasks to complete, each which takes two hours, and only have 3 hours to complete it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Telephone Interview with 4 Behavioral Questions, and opportunity to ask questions.
    On Site Interview with Behavioral and 1 case - They flew me into Chicago and I met with HR for the interview parts and afterwards there was a Q&A with current analysts. Flew back out in the afternoon.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

On-campus interview consisted of two interviews: behavioral and case. Final round was a four part interview, consisting of a brunch with employees/other applicants, two behavioral interviews to discuss solution group interests, and a Q&A session.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews, went onsite for 2.5 hour interview with six hiring managers. A written test was administered and it was of average difficult. There was no white boarding, which was fortunate enough, but there were a couple of questions that were a little tricky. After the on site interview, I didn't get any feedback for at least a week, however this is a large consulting firm so delays are to be expected. I did not receive an offer but the interview was a fairly pleasant learning experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you <execute this function> in Active Directory?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

on campus interview followed by a final round in office in Chicago. The on campus interview was half behavioral and half case study. the case study was very organizational. The final interview consisted of a breakfast, a panel, and two thirty minute interview/conversations

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you had more than one task to complete and not enough time to complete both of them and both of them were of equal importance? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

Tell you to arrive 15 minutes early, sit at a table for awhile until someone comes out to interview you. 1 Math based 1 Case and behavioral. The behavioral was all the questions you would think they would ask, the case study was more of a discussion in that they don't give you concrete numbers and you are just talking to yourself, and the math question was founded in accounting.

Interview Questions

• If you had two tasks of same importance and difficulty but you only had enough time to spend on one, how would you allocate your time?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Corvallis, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

When you first walk in, you get greeted with a greeter. You basically hear him describe the job and everyday life. You can ask him questions. You then wait until the manager interviews you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced and how to overcome it?   Answer Question