Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huron Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

Analyst Higher Education Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume then had an on campus interview. It consisted of a behavioral and a case interview. The case was pretty simple but would recommend prepping beforehand. Then about a week later I got invited to an interview at their offices in Chicago. It consisted of breakfast with some employees and then about 3 interviews through out the day.

Workday Implementation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group.

Interview

two phone then a on site that had two behavioral and two case studies. After the interview showed great interest then did not reply to emails asking about position for over 2 months. Was a unprofessional experience overall

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Two 45-minute interviews (behavioral and case), heard back the next day about a final round interview in chicago, six different fridays to pick out of where they fly you out the night before and you interview on friday. Final round consists of lunch with several interviewers (mixture of analysts/managers, these aren't the ones who interview you), two 30 minute interviews to discuss role (fit interviews), and a panel session with analysts where interviewees ask questions (very informal). I heard back Monday about my offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked why healthcare, why consulting, why huron at every interview. Case study is not like normal case studies, they walk you throw a financial/operational problem at a hospital step by step.
      First round: a time you fostered collaboration, a time you had had to do something challenging
      Final round: how your skill sets relate to consulting, how your values align with huron's values, be prepared with a lot of your own questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Provo, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of consultants and analysts visited my campus, and invited about 10 students to a meet and greet dinner, with interviews taking place the next day. The initial interview is a case study taking about 45 minutes to an hour. They ask some of the basic interview questions but a majority of the time is spent doing the case study. They say they are open to all majors but it seemed to me that only people with extensive SQL experience were being considered. I have limited experience and therefore did not move forward in the interview process. Overall, they seemed kind and genuine.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable spending around 80% of your time checking and running code?   Answer Question

Workday Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone call, then in person interview panel interview. Met with a total of 6 people. I felt it went well. No follow up at all, emailed a few times, then gave up. Application still showing pending on my profile.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fit + case. The interviewer was very condescending and was not pleasant. Maintained RBF and stuck to the script for the case. Refused to answer any clarifying questions. Did not know how to interview. Did not like her at all. Had also met Huron during a career fair and the lady there was also very condescending.

Healthcare Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Back to back interview. I had a case first and then a behavioral question. The case was 2 parts. First a more conversational part and then it was a small math problem. I struggled on the math problem.

Interview Questions

• Accounts receivable question, you have 3 hours to complete 2 tasks. each task takes 2 hours to complete what is your approach   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group in October 2015.

Interview

The interview had two parts - behavioral and case study. The behavioral was 4-5 of your basic behavioral questions asking about teamwork etc. The case study was easy to understand and the interviewer guided my answer (he asked me step by step questions). Overall the interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to - they were not trying to be intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that there was conflict in a group and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time your group had low moral and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a resume drop off at my college campus, got emailed 2 days later that I had an interview at the conference center in the airport, a day later I was notified that I had advanced to their onsite interview in Chicago with all expense paid. The onsite interview was very laid back and somewhat informal, it was basically just talking with current employees to see if you are a good cultural fit with the company. The interview process was extremely rapid, but everyone I came into contact with was helpful and genuine.

Interview Questions

• You have 4 hours and need to complete 2 tasks of equal importance that take 3 hour each, how do you accomplish the tasks?
      The case study was very relaxed and they ask priming questions to help you along in your thought process. Be excruciatingly detailed. The study was: A hospital has many complaints of long hold times when they make calls to the hospital, what steps would you follow to try and fix this problem   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Huron Consulting Group (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and campus career website which referred to apply online, then lastly contacted through campus recruiting. The waiting room for the interview was basically a mini interview where some of their younger analyst ask a bunch of resume type or interest type of questions. Definitely felt like I had gone through a quick 15 minute interview before the actual ones started. 45min Case interview followed by 45min behavioral

Interview Questions

• Case interview was extremely broad and questions on it weren't really focused so it was hard to decipher what the interviewer was really trying to ask. Behavioral were typical "tell me a time situational questions" mostly involving teamwork or like "how would you motivate a group" Also was asked a a riddle type question like "if you have 3 things due in an hour that all take an hour to do, what do you do?" Also, lastly, "why Huron"?   Answer Question