Huxley Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huxley Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The recruiter I dealt with was very professional and helpful. He gave me feedback during the interview process, critiqued my final presentation, and he didn't leave me hanging when it was time to let me know whether I was moving on in the process. I wish other companies were as honest with their candidates and also gave as much feedback as Huxley because that's the only way to improve.

I had four interviews - two phone interviews, a video interview, and a five-hour in-person interview consisting of a work sample, a presentation, and then a meeting with three hiring managers. The people I dealt with during the first three interviews were fair and asked legitimate questions that related to my ability to do the job at a high level.

The issues I had with the company occurred during the final interview. One of the hiring managers showed up more than 40 minutes late for my presentation without giving any notice. The same hiring manager also did not apologize and also didn't care about my time. The interview also ran 90 minutes long, which was inconsiderate.

The hiring managers did not care about my relevant skills and experience related to the job I applied for. Instead, they bullied and verbally harassed me for a half-hour on irrelevant things that had nothing to do with whether I'd be a good fit for the job. They claimed they were "putting me under pressure", but they were making personal attacks and were extremely unprofessional. The managers need to realize this is a job and that we are not pledging a fraternity.

If you want a company that will treat you with respect and ask you fair questions during your job interview, I recommend you stay away from Huxley. I read the negative reviews on the interview process before my first interview, and unfortunately they were accurate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Huxley

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huxley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They are tough and through. Mock sales pitch. Can move the process quickly. They are looking for confident and successful sales people. How would you present in front of a client?

Suggestions: Ask questions, dress sharp (UK based company and they are far more fashionable than typical Americans), be confident and take feedback.

Interview Questions

• "How did you pay for college?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for trainee role, flat base.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huxley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with their in house guy. He's great. After that, there was a second round with two of the directors from one of the permanent teams. They gave me a sales scenario and asked me how I would deal with it, as well as asking me other questions.

The third/final round was a presentation about myself, and a few minutes on the floor. They gave me a lead sheet, and asked me to call through a few of the people on their system to see how I did on the phone. The presentation was a lot of fun (tell us about yourself, what motivates you, etc.) and was basically put in place for them to gauge your personality and your speaking skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huxley (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Addressing some of the reviews below, I joined this company a few months back and I have to say that I am very happy with my decision. The interview process is not easy, but they put a lot of effort into the process to make sure the people hired are a good fit for both the company and the individual.

They will not hire someone who has not had to work hard in their life. They want people who are extremely driven and motivated, and so you end up working with some really smart and hard working people.

As far as what to expect, expect a lot of questions about why you want to be a recruitment consultant, how you deal with failure, etc. They really make sure you understand exactly what you are getting yourself into, and they will answer any question you have regarding the team, role, etc.

I think the below negative reviews are quite the exception as opposed to the rule- I have had several friends interview here and while most were rejected, they did not feel the interview process was extremely negative. Honestly, I had a lot of other interviews and offers, and I know I made the best decision. The reason the interview process is so grueling is because they want to invest a lot of time and energy into the people who they bring on. If you think this is wrong, then this probably isn't the company for you anyways.

Interview Questions

• What has been your most successful moment so far in your life?
      When is a time you expected to succeed, but failed? How did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone starts pretty much at the same place- there is a real chance to succeed here, with a lot of strong connections in the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huxley (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially everything was fine, the HR guy was extremely nice (although he called me literally 2 seconds after i applied). However, coming into the office was a whole different issue. I knew I was in trouble when I walked in the door and saw 4 other applicants waiting to be interviewed. Huxley definitely came across as one of those "revolving door" type companies. Not everyone was terrible, especially the one man that told me not to work there, but he was the exception. I took time out of my day to come meet with them as they watched me give my presentaion (I came with binded copies for each manager) while they looked out the window and chomped on their gum. I seriously thought this was a joke, like they were trying to see how I would respond to rude clients...the reality is simple: this is how this company is...very unprofessional! BTW I was currently employed and seeking employment and have since interviewed and received 3 offers (one of which I accepted) so I was by no means the problem. Good luck to those who choose to interview!

Interview Questions

• How would you recruit someone to a basketball game in school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huxley (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

20 minute phone interview- questions about my resume. then went over questions about whether or not i am comeptitive, my preferred work environment, and resiliency.

Face-to Face interview, which included a role-play of trying to make a sale. Met with two different people

Was invited back to give a presentation

Interview Questions

• Please name 5 reasons why you want to join Huxley Associates   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huxley (London, England (UK)).

Interview

series of 1:1 interviews, second stage was again 1:1 followed by an hour meeting my team and other employees around the office, then a final presentation about myself and Huxley, goals, aspirations and projections.

Interview Questions

• Why Huxley? What do you know about the job? Typical day?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huxley (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

3 interviews. 2 with line manager 1 with partner. The interview consist of motivations, CV review and a competency exercise on extracting CV information. The partner interview is a presentation on why you want to join and what you can add to the business.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Huxley (Sthree group)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huxley in April 2015.

Interview

It was a unexpected telephone interview which lasted for around 20 minutes. The interview asked several questions that all about to know if you were a sales-driven person and your sales skill. Nothing too difficult actually. After the call, I was requested to know more about the company and the role in order to proceed to the next step.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Interview

2 rounds, one presentation