Hy-Vee Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hy-Vee Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

Came into the store for an interview with the human resources manager. Asked simple "on a scale of 1 - 10 rate yourself " questions. Interview was very easy. was offered the job shortly after

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hy-Vee

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I sat down with the front end manager, and visited with her about my personality and what I believe I could bring to hyvee. I was offered a job right then and there. Started at 8.00/hour, and at a year went to 9.50/hour (the highest raise given at one time)

Anonymous Employee in Kearney, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Kearney, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

Met the HR manager and it was pretty much some simple questions and the HR manager explaining the jobs duties and benefits. I got call about the positions I applied for and the HR manager asked me which of the positions I applied for really interested me. I told her that pretty much all the positions that I applied for really fit my experiences. I was also lucky to have had one of my previous store manager at a department store I worked for before putting some good words in for me without me even knowing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Columbia, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process starts out with you applying online and waiting to hear back from them. Once they call you they will ask you to come in for an in person interview. The interview is 1 on 1 with the HR person of the store. When I applied for a management position; however, the interview was 2 on 1. It was with the HR manager and the manager of the department you wanted to go to.

Interview Questions

• What is HyVee most known for?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hy-Vee.

Interview

I went in and asked for an application form. I turned it in and had my interview the next week. I accepted the position and went immediately into a brief training session. It was a very simple process.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was direct and short. I met with the personnel manager for a quick interview and store tour. I am sure for a lot of people it is a longer process, but for me, it was very quick. I think they were in desperate need of cashiers at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Spencer, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Spencer, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out my application and got a call within 3 weeks. Went in and seemed pretty nice, went good, you only get one shirt and the rest of them are $25 at YOUR expense. Well when working 5-6 shifts a week, you're going to need more than one.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Des Moines, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Called in to talk to HR person. We had a conversation, I was asked about a few things about prior experience and such. We did have to take a drug test, but it was after we were offered the job. It was a fairly typical interview for this kind of position. Not much to tell.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee in April 2014.

Interview

waited for a short time and then i met the hr manager. she is very friendly and kept a smile on her face. she asked a few questions and told me starting rate. she then told me when my first training day was. i was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

This is your standard interview. You go in. They ask you simple questions. If you answer them appropriately, they will hire you. Make sure you are on time, and respectful. Mention the helpful smile in every aisle for bonus points. First you will probably have an interview with a supervisor, then a manager. Do well on both, and wala!

Negotiation

n/a