Hy-Vee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

it took less than a week i got into the interview and she sat down with me and we talked about the position that they were looking for and she asked me a few questions and before i knew it it was done

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for hyvee   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Independence, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

It was easy to apply online. They called me in and the interview was very relaxed. The manager sat down with me and inquired about my previous work experience. After learning my skillset, he was very eager to not just fill the night position, but to find a good place where my skills would do best for the company.

Chalk Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I brought in my portfolio to show the hiring manager. We discussed the job requirements and it seemed like a good fit. He told me where I would be working and what was expected of me. We went over my portfolio and he described the type of art he was looking for.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

They were very friendly. The interview didn't take long at all and they had offered me a job by the time I left. They asked pretty standard questions, a lot of them related specifically to Hy-Vee (ex: what characteristics make Hy-Vee employees good?). A few days after the interview I took a drug test, then I had orientation. They were very willing to work with my class schedule.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel constitutes a reasonable attendance policy?   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Ames, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the human resource manager to set up a time for an interview. Met on site at the location in Ames. Spoke for a few minutes about my interests, what I was going to school for, and what I planned to do in the future. The interview questions were basic for example "tell me about yourself"

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hy-Vee in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy. I didn't have to wait very long after I signed in, I would guess I only waited five minutes, and it was a very simple one-on-one where my interviewer went through the basic questions(why do you want to work at Hy Vee, etc). They then confirm your availability, if you can work any earlier, on holidays, etc. If you make it, you go through a few more tests. If you don't, they tell you why right away and how to improve.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you learned from high school that can be applied to Hy-Vee?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Lincoln, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

My application was actually hijacked from another location and when called I was surprised. I showed up and was greeted promptly by a very friendly man. He interviewed me for management and after talking for 20 minutes and asking about everything in my past, asked if he could show me the store and we walked around for a bit and he offered me a job cooking. I explained I had one allergy in the world that was serious and low and be hold I was asked to work in the part of the store where I would come in to contact with the allergen everyday all day. I accepted because I need the job and I knew I could do well and was assured if it was a problem I would be moved.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever been convicted of anything?   1 Answer

Clothing Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Brooklyn Park, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was professional, quick and to the point. Questions asked were essential to the job and easy to answer. Hiring manager was respectful and understanding. All in all the interview was very well organized!

Interview Questions

• What would make you happy in a job?   1 Answer

Kitchen Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Columbia, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, unrelated questions to the actual job. Don't say, "um" or "like" too much because it distracts from the interview. Just relax and answer questions truthfully, and you will more than likely be offered a job.

Wine & Spirits Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hy-Vee (Ames, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

The HR manager who hired me was very nice, easy to talk to, and it was a really easy process. I didn't feel pressured with difficult questions and it was a lot of friendly conversation.