Hyatt Banquet Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyatt Banquet Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyatt

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Buffalo, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

General question about the information provided on you resume. Also asked about your customer service experience and asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

You must apply online through the company's website. After doing so, if you are selected for an interview the HR department will contact you. Be prepared to speak to several individuals for your interview. You will be asked basic and expected questions about why you want to work for the company, what you have to offer, what your strengths and weaknesses are and your availability. The job is very demanding, so if you really want to work for the company, you need to let them know you are available all the time. The more restrictions you have to your schedule, the less likely you are to be considered for the position. There were no tricky questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you offer up personal information regarding your likes/dislikes/hobbies, be prepared to answer follow up questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told what I would typically make working in banquets and I agreed that seemed like a good amount. However, I do not often see the number reflected in my paycheck that was described to me during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (San Antonio, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Great Process and very easy I was called back in a matter of days where I would be working was very excited and satisfied with the process Christy was very helpful in pointing me to the right direction.

Negotiation

To Apply for a position with this company, Great Attitude and very helpful with a positive manner from Human Resources

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bellevue, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, instant auto reply, week later e-mail from HR to schedule an in person interview.
    The interview was with HR, Banquet Manager, and Food and Beverage Director consecutively.

Interview Questions

• Can you be available to work every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?   2 Answers

Negotiation

A day or two later, I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Green Bay, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online about two months ago, but they closed the application. Then I received an email saying the position of Banquets Server had once again opened up. I jumped at the opportunity and filled out the application. After that, it took a little over a week and a half for them to contact me. I received a phone call where I was asked a few brief questions. They set the interview up for the be next day.
    The interview was not nearly as nerve wracking as I had expected. I was interviewed by one manager who then told me she had to have another person run through questions with me. They were very nice and made me feel relaxed.
    After that I had to complete a background check. That took another week and a half. Today I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what your idea of good customer service is?   1 Answer
    • What's your favourite movie?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Rochester, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick, informative. Asked a lot of questions about the personal life, also was interested in things I did at monroe cc because they have a culinary program there. Was in a public area with guests around so it made you feel comfortable and not as much pressure. Felt more like a meeting with you causal interview questions here or there.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyatt (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Fun and quick. No hard questions. Nothing you would not expect. They make you feel comfortable and talk to you like abnormal person. They don't ask you very hard questions. They laugh and talk with you for about 15-20 minutes. Asking questions about things on your resume.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Attended a Park Hyatt recruitment day where they were conducting interviews on the spot. I waited to be called where I was first interviewed by the Assistant Banquet Manager. It was very relaxed and asked background questions and questions about the type of person I was (ex. hobbies, interests, etc). Once I passed that round, I then waited for my second interview with the Banquet Manager who then asked me more work related questions and behavioural ones such as, "What would you do if…" and "Why would you want to work here?" etc. Once the second interview ended, it was hinted that I would be contact by HR soon (~2 weeks) to confirm my employment.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Short about 15 minutes but there was 3 interviews that you had to go through back in 2011. For a serving position, that is a lot of interviews. First you do a phone interview with HR, then you do another face to face interview. Lastly, you get an interview with the director of banquets, interviewed me last.

Interview Questions

• mainly behavioral questions. How you would interact with the guests. What would you do if someone complained.   1 Answer